My Final Thread/Post on the CFL Forum

challenger99, glad to see you're going to stick around and continue to contribute to the forum discussions and enjoy our great game. :rockin:

Hey Challenger,

That is wonderful news! I'm delighted to hear it.

I'm going to try to make that game, and if I can I hope I'll have the chance to share in welcoming you and your friends and making it a great experience for all of you.

Onwards and upwards!

Steve

1. Hey Steve… thanks for the signature quote. Humphrey was the best man who never won the Presidency. Instead we got Nixon. Great one to use in this situation as well!

2. As someone who has lived in Canada for many years, but who was born on a small island off the U.S. coast - Manhattan - I often intervene in situations like this because I love both nations. However, it looks like matters are resolving. Great!
    There will always be jerks, and misunderstandings will always exist, but some relationships are far too important to let minor slights break them.

Yes Indeed Challenger include me in and may I just say........

http://mls.umd.edu/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/WELCOM-BACK_zps219fc524.gif

One could say that there would be no CFL, but that is a discussion for a different thread. challenger99, you have made many friends here.

I certainly hope it is a high-quality Scotch! I prefer Lagavulin-18, but 16 will do in a pinch… :wink:

:rockin:

Glad you guys are able to stick around!!! Come on up to a Ti-Cats' game and we can see about getting some of that meal you paid for back into you in the form of beer! Let us all know when you'll be around and Im sure some hospitality will come your way!!

I like reading Challenger 99's posts, but is it just me or does there seem to be a bit of a fantasy island feel to them. I mean private corporate planes to attend CFL games, jetting off to all the major sporting events. Dinner discussions revolving around the CFL with groups of American fans (who oddly never post here). Sport lounges determining whether to show CFL games or not based on a few isolated comments. Especially since NFL boards can get extremely nasty.
Plus the idea that Bungle's comments would impact the use of a corporate plane and crew just seems a "little" far fetched to me.

Maybe some of you have actually met Challenger 99 at a game and everything he says is legit but I can't help but have my doubts.

I’ve always thought the same thing. It does seem a little far-fetched.

I understand your questioning so let me give you a little personal info.
I have worked for the same major US Aerospace Company for 42 years, my current job title is Corporate Congressional Liaison. My home is in Florida and my office is in DC. My hours are dependent on what is happening on the Hill and several Federal Agencies here in DC. My responsibilities take me throughout the US and three Foreign Countries. Yes, subject to availability I, and other Senior Management, can use corporate aircraft for personal use, normally on a weekend. It is not unlimited and requires Corporate approval.
Dinner was with Corporate Management who were interested in understanding my interest in the CFL. When we go to sporting events or other private events we exchange “chips” with other companies we deal with and other companies do the same with us. This is why these trips remain private with no “fan fare” of us being at an event.
Over my career I have worked entirely on Government Programs/Projects primarily with NASA, DOD, and DOE.
My education includes a BS Degree in Chemical Engineering from Penn State, BS Nuclear Engineering from Univ of Tenn, and an MBA from USC.
I am not trying to expound on me with any of my Posts, I having been a Canadian visitor since I was a kid fishing in the Perth and Thousand Island areas. I truly enjoy Canada and all Canadians. Last year when we in the US started getting all the CFL games thru ESPN myself and several others watched and thru this Forum we have become fans of the CFL. It is Your League so it was agreed since I was the first one I would be the contact thru the Forum, others read the Posts of the various CFL Forums.
As for the Lounges, they determine what will be shown based on what their customers want and you have no idea how many customers did not appreciate being called “baby killers”. “Digs” at each other across the border are one thing this went way beyond a simple “dig”.
I hope this explains who/what I am and all I/we want is to become better informed CFL Fans!
Have a great Day!

Cool job!

You have a great day too. See you in September!

Thanks Mark. I was always very fond of HHH too… the Happy Warrior. He had to be quite a guy to have memoirs titled “The Politics of Joy”! I can’t imagine anyone doing that or thinking that way these days. Our loss for sure.

This thread seems ridiculous to me. If you want to come to games, then come. If you don’t, then don’t. It’s really that simple. There seems to be a subtext here that you think we should lick your balls and beg you to stay. It doesn’t make sense to me.

Do you really think that was necessary?

Sorry Challenger99, I don’t buy it. Trying a little too hard to convince. But my opinion doesn’t matter, so have fun with it.

This condescending response has been posted for 4 hours, Like I said, there are no mods
It will be interesting to see how long it takes to have it removed or if it will be at all. :expressionless:

Just wondering with the rest who have questions
Has anyone ever met challenger 99 and his crew
Of so please step,forward - and we welcome u all to Canada
If not - maybe we have some space cadets here :slight_smile:

When I first started reading challengers posts, I thought there was some sincerity to them.
After following this thread, I now have to wonder. I agree Bungles posts are uncalled for, but to stop following the
CFL because some idiot made some unwelcome comments makes me think otherwise

Oh come on now you mean we all don't take private jets to ticats games..
I thought we did heres mine.

He could dig ditches and ride to games side saddle on a Water Buffalo, it actually makes no difference.

What's important is he likes football. Also, being harassed by private messages would stop me from paying on a forum if nothing was being done about it.

Those are the actual concerns here. What he does for a living and how he gets around is completely irrelevant