MY FAVOURITE TIGERTOWN MOMENT

My Favourite TigerTown Moment

The Hamilton Tiger-Cats are in search of your TigerTown memories. In a minimum of 300 words, we want to read your recollections of big games, community appearances, conversations with players and more. This is your chance to tell everyone the story that illustrates the moment when you were proudest to be a fan of the Black and Gold.

Throughout the first 16 weeks of CFL schedule, the most well written pieces will be published on Ticats.ca. At the end of the season, the top five submissions will be highlighted with their very own segment on Ticats TV, with the winner to be decided by your votes.

The winning author will be outfitted in merchandise from the Ticats new Heritage line and will have their video shown at the Tiger-Cats final regular season home game against the Calgary Stampeders.

So select the one instance that best represents what the Ticats mean to you and send your submission to: blackandgold@ticats.ca or fax to: 905.547.8423. All entries must be received no later than June 30, 2008 and will be edited for content.

Hi Kevin;

This is one of the best ideas I've seen you guys come up with in a while.

I hope the fans have fun with it because, as we can all see by the forums, there are some great stories out there and some even better writers who are creative and clever.

Good Luck with this challenge to the fans.

I'm sure they will respond "huge"

Regards,

Mike

"Oskee Wee Wee "

My reply will be less then 300 words...I remember standing on the field the day my dad Garney Henley retired.

Jody Henley-Boston[/b]

The only time I really got to sit and talk to your Dad was the day Mr. Young was introduced to the City of Hamilton at a game at the end of 2003…he is such a nice man and is the ultimate gentleman…I was really happy to sit down with him finally and just chat…when I was a kid, he really was a hero to me that I looked up to…in the same vein as Bobby Orr was to me…very few sports “stars” came close to that for me…

Hope your Dad is doing well Jody…he’ll be remembered in Hamilton 100 years from now after we are all dead and gone…

Cheers!

:D

I have 3....
people chanting "bernie, bernie" for bernie faloney...and he was on the sidelines playing for the als.
Earl the Pearl Winfield scoring 3 times, 3 ways.
Rufus Crawford...playing hurt, hobbling..takes a handoff and runs for 70 something yard touchdown....to have it called back by a penalty...the whole place stood and gave him a standing ovation...i need a kleenex...really i do. And all the best too Garney ! I just remembered the time he had i think both legs broken running back a kick....the whole place fell silent.