Havanese
Lhasa Apso
Maltese
Shih Tzu

1 Like

Tea Cup Yorkies

Kuvasz

2 Likes

We had a German Shepard-Rottweiler cross when I was growing up. Not a bad dog but liked to wander through the neighbourhood by himself too much.

Pomeranian

Papillon

I’d never heard of this breed before, but what a great looking dog.

I’m partial to the spitz breeds. Had huskies growing up, and now I have a Korean breed called Poongsan.

2 Likes

Little Weiner Dogs! :smiley: :+1:

Our Mika

Long gone now. We miss her as we do all our pets, but I'll always hold a special love for Samoyeds. Super friendly breed (if a bit sassy).

3 Likes

We have an Australian terrier. He's super cute but I like sightly larger dogs. My brother's half blue heeler/half husky was a great dog, as is his current mutt who's at least half coyote.

Yeah, many have never heard of the Kuvasz breed. They’re mostly found in Europe, and they’re one of the most well rounded dogs on the planet. Very large but not brooding, very protective of their family (both humans and other animals), and extremely intelligent. Their bark is also incredibly deep to the point that you can feel it in your chest from even several feet away.

1 Like

I didn’t know the name but everyone on the internet is familiar with doges!

I had a Newf ... they are just big galoots ... but the sweetest things in existence ... unless you threaten one of their "people."

3 Likes

We lost our komondor in March.
The black dog next to him, for reference, is a bull mastiff. The brown one in the 2nd photo is a boxer

1 Like

Very similar to our Maremma/Collie cross Tika, but larger

3 Likes

Komondor when not shaved
da25d89493e54721af5667c8d20d52b2--the-sheepdogs-farm-dogs
komondorsf5

4 Likes

This threads about dogs, not sheep! :laughing:

1 Like

The cords are pretty smelly. That’s why we shaved ours 4x per year. But when actually working, they provide crucial protection. Komondors are bred to protect sheep flocks, and to ambush and kill apex predators, including wolves and bear.

2 Likes

Great Dane
Irish wolfhound
Bull or English mastiff
Komondor
German or Belgian shepherd
Boerbel
Cane corso
French bulldog
Olde English bulldog
Malamute
Samoyed