my CFL predictions for 2006!

the Bombers 1st in the East? You must be thinking the Jets are coming back to Winnipeg too winner. Im very sure that is a very long shot and you are basing that on hope, but your team is hopeless. I guess Khan is the second of coming of John Bonk. At the end of this year , you will be changing your name to Loserpegger cause the bombers will be very lucky to win a third of their games this year. They will be fortunate to win half of that, even.

....sambo you must be smoking some of that stuff Sporty was talking about...or you don't follow acquisitions and much of the off-season very well...just remember what i said in another post....sell us short at your own peril ...lol :wink:

I dont usually make predictions but!
Hamilton has improved a great deal but I think it may take them a year to gell. They might finish first but my money says 2nd tops!!!

Wow what a short memory
Winnipeg Eastern record!
2001—14-4
2000—7-10-1
1999—6-12
1998—3-15
1997—4-14
Total—34-55-1
Not what I would call Always doing well in the East!!!
However the only thing you could say about them is they did improve to the point of a great final year in the east! Saying they always did well in the east is far from the truth!!!

I predict having a few plastic bottle Mike's this summer at McMahon
I predict eating some beef entrees off the back of Razor's truck in the parking lot
I predict getting rained on at least once
I predict seeing a bunny running around the field during the national anthem
I predict the ladies behind me to the left yelling at an official
I predict the old men behind me to the right commenting on the eskimo cheerleaders flexibility
I predict Santa will be back in my row, two seats away
I predict a green tinge to the stands on August 5th
I predict moseying over to clink cans with Yeast#5 and Statik76 and giving saskargo a hug on September 23rd
I predict three fans from Edmonton will get a not-so-free overnight accomodation in Calgary on Sept. 4th
I predict Third_and_Ten and I will have a good excuse to meet again, in Winnipeg, this November

I dont recall the bombers having such an easy time in the East either.....ro stats pretty much play that out........however the west has won something like 18 of the past 25 GC games, so it would seem historically anyways that the easier route to the big game would be through the east division.....

has the Vegas line come out yet........they are usually pretty close with their odds on each team.......

weill beat hamilton in the standings they have the same coach from last year

I guess the coach didnt throw enough TD passes

1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 to 1 that Ottawa will win it all in 2006 :wink:

He threw more TD passes in 2004 when he won coach of the year… :wink:

......hmmm, brilliant observation there BBfan12......guess that Coach of the Year award was pretty much wasted on Mr. Marshall......

hate to break it to rider fans BUT U GUYS ARNT GOING TO COME CLOSE TO SECOND PLACE! be lucky if u guys even make 3rd place. U added josph who sucks, traded ur best rb, and armsted might not want to be the go to guy

ok, i think u guys are all silly who think winnipeg will be a push over this year. and for those that think calgary wont be in the top two also. winnipegs secondary last season was only bad because of the coordnater, coach berry says it himself. u guys are totaly in denial here. under rust we didnt allow a TD in two games and held edmonton to 14 points. all we had at that point was omar evans william fields, stanford samules and Ike Charlton. we also aquired more talent. but when ur doing good with rust, and he leaves and we get a new coordnater and suck it up. how on earth can u blame that on our secondary? like really!

omar evans - 5 interceptions for 2 TD’s. 8pass knockdowns, 43 tackles.
william fields- 45 tackles, 7 pass knockdowns, 4 interceptions
robert grant - 46 tackles, 1 sack, 11 knock downs, 4 interceptions, 2004. i say 2004 because he was injured last season.

anthony malbrough- 55 tackles, 5 pass knockdowns, 1 interception for a 55 yrd TD.

we also have the likes of santino hall, brad franklin, stanford samules, ike charlton and lawrence richardson. with these group of guys at camp, im thinking our secondary’s gonna be awsome. especially with greg marshal who is even better then rod rust.

linebackers we have barrin simpson. division all star 5 of 5 years played and cfl all start 4 of 5 years played. led lions in tackles the year he didnt make CFL all star even tho the scheme sucked for him. he brings a great attitude and amazing leadership qualities. we also have sean woodson, 90 tackles fouth overall in the cfl last season. were also persuing kyries hebert. hebert would be an amazing addition to out team with 3 interceptions, 66 tackles and led the league in special teams tackles with 29. we’d have one of the best linebacking corps in the division. if we dont get hebert we still have ockimey, fast strong and great tackler. we have niel mckinlay who led the bombers in special teams tackles with 19…must be good in open field, aggressive, fast and strong enough. also have cedric dickerson, who was described as a hard hitting DB last year. he put on 5 pounds of muscle which can only add to his speed, strength, agility and stamina. hed be fast enough strong enough and would have awsome coverage skills for the linebacking position. he had 11 tackles in two games last year. 11 tackles divided by two games is 5.5 tackles a game. 5.5 times 18 is 99 tackles.

our offence everybody disses glenn, but really he had 29 TD passes, more then ricky ray and kerry Jospeh. he only had 17 interceptions, less the joseph and ray, and anthony calvio. he through for 3500 yards despite starting off the season with the like of kameau peterson and wayne maggarity. only one go to reciever and a offensive line being changed around every play. now we have Doug Berry who is an amazing QB coach. coached calvio to his first 6000 yard season…just the fourth qb in cfl history to accomplish that. and ladys and gentleman, calvio used to be brutal. we also have the likes of mike quinn and brad banks attending camp. banks is full of potential, quinn was a back up QB in the NFL. dave dickenson was a third string QB in the NFL and look at him. arguments against quinn are he could be another Tee martin. last years montreal camp, Quinn picked up the CFL game and Montreals scheme and was calling his own very impressive plays within days.

we have the best runningback in the league and a good pass recieving fullback in regimbauld.

recievers

chris brazel, fast, amazing hands, fights for the ball in traffic, very agile.
AJ lll, 800 yards recieving in 12 games, very fast, can break tackles, very agressive in traffic.
legend of the CFL Milt Stegal.

offensive line, amazing this year, will give kevin all the time he needs, open massive holes for roberts…kinda scary dont u think.

kevin has amazing potential, the numbers he put up for winnipeg were amazing despite the conditions he was put in, peterson and maggariy were brutal. he only had one go to reciever. if u put calvio in that situation i dont think he could do much better, he has the greatest O-line in the CFL and possibly the best recieving corps. thats why hes so good. ud be pretty silly to not admit Kevin has amazing potential. Berry will unlock it, kevin will be a marquee QB. look for the bombers to be in the playoff race all season in 06.

although, i do admit every other team in the CFL has also improved alot. i think were looking amazing, but so is everyone else. i dont know if it will be good enough… i am hoping so.

Your point being? They made other changes like at receive, RB, and QB

Pigseye!
Since 1970 there have been 36 grey cup games. 35 of them have been east west with one north south
The west has won 19, the east was won 16.

Seems to me they travel equal roads!

ha ha in my massive post i forgot to mention Ron Warner. this guys huge and very fast, brings it every play of every game. he’ll be on QB’s like stains on a matress. he brings a great attitude and is a very good, tough football player.

and i know ive been posting the same thing over and over, but hey, its worth it because u guys keep putting down the bombers. but yeah, sorry to those who have seen it 1000 times lol.

Its amazing how Bomber fans think their team has improved that much. The sad fact is they havent, and a lot of Winnipeg fans are going to be very disappointed this year. Keep smoking whatever drug you are doing, it will make this eear seem not so bad when they finish 6-12 or worse

I think my numbers were close ro.........

2005 Edmonton Eskimos Montreal Alouettes 38-35 OT Vancouver
2004 Toronto Argonauts British Columbia Lions 27-19 Ottawa
2003 Edmonton Eskimos Montreal Alouettes 34-22 Regina
2002 Montreal Alouettes Edmonton Eskimos 25-16 Edmonton
2001 Calgary Stampeders Winnipeg Blue Bombers 27-19 Montreal
2000 British Columbia Lions Montreal Alouettes 28-26 Calgary
1999 Hamilton Tiger-Cats Calgary Stampeders 32-21 Vancouver
1998 Calgary Stampeders Hamilton Tiger-Cats 26-24 Winnipeg
1997 Toronto Argonauts Saskatchewan Roughriders 47-23 Edmonton
1996 Toronto Argonauts Edmonton Eskimos 43-37 Hamilton
1995 Baltimore Stallions Calgary Stampeders 37-20 Saskatchewan
1994 British Columbia Lions Baltimore CFL's 26-23 Vancouver
1993 Edmonton Eskimos Winnipeg Blue Bombers 33-23 Calgary
1992 Calgary Stampeders Winnipeg Blue Bombers 24-10 Toronto
1991 Toronto Argonauts Calgary Stampeders 36-21 Winnipeg
1990 Winnipeg Blue Bombers Edmonton Eskimos 50-11 Vancouver
1989 Saskatchewan Roughriders Hamilton Tiger-Cats 43-40 Toronto
1988 Winnipeg Blue Bombers British Columbia Lions 22-21 Ottawa
1987 Edmonton Eskimos Toronto Argonauts 38-36 Vancouver
1986 Hamilton Tiger-Cats Edmonton Eskimos 39-15 Vancouver
1985 British Columbia Lions Hamilton Tiger-Cats 37-24 Montreal
1984 Winnipeg Blue Bombers Hamilton Tiger-Cats 47-17 Edmonton
1983 Toronto Argonauts British Columbia Lions 18-17 Vancouver
1982 Edmonton Eskimos Toronto Argonauts 32-16 Toronto
1981 Edmonton Eskimos Ottawa Rough Riders 26-23 Montreal
1980 Edmonton Eskimos Hamilton Tiger-Cats 48-10 Toronto
1979 Edmonton Eskimos Montreal Alouettes 17-9 Montreal
1978 Edmonton Eskimos Montreal Alouettes 20-13 Toronto

14-10 over the last 25 years
Problem is you posted 28 years

winnipeg is very underrated this year by almost everyone which is fine. hamilton and sask seem to be getting overrated by most according to me. wpg has a couple holes still before they will be fighting for first though as someone suggested. if we can pick up a solid safety, outside linebacker, one better db and a punter we would be very solid. i say package a canada, fleming and goodspeed up and send them out to fill these spots. that could get us there. and glenns stats were top half of the league last year so careful about thinking he is merely a backup.

alright i know everyone will probably think i am crazy but i say
east
to 12-6
mont 10-8
wpg 8-10
ham 7-11

west
cgy 11-7
edm 10-8
bc 8-10
sask 6-12

wpg over mont (close game)
to over wpg(wpg big dreams are dashed soundly)

edm over bc(blow out)
edm over cgy(very close game)

to over edm for the cup. (close)

shivers and barret are fired, taman lives for another year. ottawa actually does get back into the league and the rosters all change again.