My apology........

........for a long time I have said the EE fans are some of the most arrogant fans in the league.......maybe you were, you had good reason to be given the exceptional clubs you've fielded in the CFL........but I apologize for that statement for it is incorrect........

........the most arrogant fans in the CFL today are the Lions fans.......

......in the post-game analysis of our loss to BC yesterday, many stamps fans offered their congrats to the lion fans, they played a good game, capitalized on our turnovers and deserved the win, this was expressed as well as some self-analysis on our shortcomings........I can't say word for word what was spewed back, but this is the general flavour:

......."the score flattered the stampeders"........
......."it was never very close".........
......."Calgary's last TD was scored in the last minute so I really doesn't count"........
......"yeah, you scored 21 points off us in the second half but our D was coasting"......
......."DD hadnt' crossed the scrimmage line so really we scored two TDs in the 3rd".......
........"the win was guarenteed".........etc. bullsh*t etc...........along with the jpegs of kleenex and Nelson from the simpsons.......

........not a single "hey, your guys played well too, at least trying to come back in the second half"........

........so I take back my forgoing conclusions that the EEs bred arrogant fans, you guys are positively humble in light of the smelly air of confidence coming from out west.........please do what you can to knock the pedestal over........

I agree R&W about Edmonton fans they have the right to walk the walk no doubt about it. Lion fans well let thme have their day for now. They also spouted off on the Eskie fans when they beat the Eskies. Sooner or later they will be beaten and good! Thats hope the team that beats them is from Alberta and in the finals.

Now guys, come on, if you beleived every thing a six year old said, where would you be today? Yes, some of our guys have been an embarresment.

Changing subject, I'm trying to talk the wife into a trip to Commonwealth for the BC re-match in September. Can I get tickets through ticketmaster?

Eskie fans...Still good seats left? What sections are around the 10yard -30 yard lines?

I am not sure your criticisms of BC Lion fans as being ungracious are correct. Not all of us who posted stuff said what you are annoyed at.

There are clowns from every town. They all didn't run away to join the travelling circus.

No one city has a corner on the market for overzealous trash talking fans who likely have never played a down of football if you don't count their friendly touch games with their pals. Don't be too hasty targetting all BC fans.

What some don't understand is the healthy respect that one should have for an opponent no matter where they are in the standings. It is different for fans than when you are player, I know. I have always cautioned and stopped my teams and players who say something like "those guys are sh.t". When I stop that talk it is usually guys getting too comfortable before the game during training and that scares me. I want my teams to be focused on what they are going to do to get the result rather than how bad the other team is to them. That is often why the worst teams to play when you are in first place are the bottom teams and you are the only team they beat all season as your guys get complacent.

Calgary did play a very good game and they are on a track again to getting lots of wins and a playoff spot where they can do some damage but all that has been said on another thread. They played hard and BC just happened to be the better team overall on the night.

I think the problem is in every teams site. Many times in the combat on each others forums we say things and regret it, I know I have put my foot in my mouth many times no doubt about it. Stupidity is in every teams fan base. Y a I will call myself stupid at times I am not afraid to say it.

I enjoy the Stamps/Lions games. They're always entertaining. R&W, if you're gonna base Lions fans as arrogant b/c of a couple of fans going overboard, then that pretty much makes every team's fans arrogant.

I don't know if just want reassurance that the Stamps are good or have the potential to be good b/c you're all worried that the Lions fans didnt' give the Stamps any credit in the game. I thought the Stamps played pretty good and have a chance at doing some damage in the playoffs but I shouldn't have to say that to make Stamps fans happy.

I believe the whole idea of this forum is for teams' fans to voice their opinions and cheer for their teams. Some people just get more personal than others. People in this forum have to quit taking things so personal.

Go to www.esks.com and click on tickets and then on season seats and you will be able to see a map of Commonwealth and where the different sections are. Don't know for sure about Ticketmaster.

Thanks Supertoe!

R&W , I'm starting to lose some respect for you with this post. First off , some of the stuff you are bringing up was in direct response to some crappy stuff you said yourself over in the Lions forum. Then you critisized other guys for going on and on in two different threads over in the Lions forum. And now you got the nerve to come over and start crap in a third thread???? Why don't you look in the mirror and check some of your own posting , your class is going downhill here.

........I cannot deny the words were written in the heat of the moment and cannot be taken back, even with amazing mod powers I'm not going to edit was was said.......if you follow the time trail there is logic to it but if you want to accuse me of a cheap shot like I did to you I suppose I would have that coming.....I don't think you can deny any of the things that I quoted BC fans saying, yourself included, but I don't need to continue an old and almost forgotten about fight penn.........you and RLR said some pretty arrogant and condescending things after the game in question, I over-reacted and what was done then cannot be undone, for either side.......I appreciate your posts and contribution to the forum and if it's important to me to gather any respect i've lost with you personally I'll do what I can to make it up, if I choose not to, oh well, it's not like we're family or anything....

Ok Redandwhite , fine I’m not bringing anything over from another thread . I appreciate you showing some integrity here. The stuff I said over there please reread and try to understand where I was coming from . Whatever I said there I’ll let speak for it self . Perhaps you misunderstood what I was getting at , or where I was coming from. That and maybe what some of the stuff you posted sounded like to me . If you want anything clarified from me I’ll go back to the original post .

It seems apologies is not enough for some people. redandwhite I did not see a reason for the apology after all it was your opinion at the time. BC fans have a good reason to walk the talk no problem. So Pennw what is it you want other then apology one of redandwhites GI Joes. Seriously is this the first time someone has state a teams fans were arrogant. It is just a word no walk the talk.

Don’t see what you’re getting at redwhte05 , i never asked for anything.

I do not mean to offend you but I think Redandwhite was saying sorry!

Yes Iknow what he was saying , I just didn't understand what you meant.

Actually the most arrogant fans are Rider fans under 18. they'll talk **** to anyone older and bigger than them, and cry when you talk back. and when the riders have a bad season they all disapear and can be found supporting the bombers or stamps