My All-Time Ticat Head Coach Record List, Vol. 6 (1950-2011)

2011 Regular Season Update

The list is good as of November 3, 2011 -- the completion of the 2011 regular season. I will update it again to reflect the playoff games of the Cats in the coming weeks.

2011 Playoff Update (November 20, 2011)

With the elimination of the Ticats from the 2011 playoffs today -- 19-3 by Winnipeg in the East final -- here is the updated all-time Ticat head coach record list:

2011 Off-season update - November 30, 2011

With the firing of head coach Marcel Bellefeuille -- here is my updated all-time Ticat head coach record list:

Wanna know something sad about that list??

You have to go back to the Joe Restic era to see a coach that had a record over .500 (minus the one year Frank Kush was here)...

This team is an abyssmal loser through successive ownership groups and coaching regimes...

Nice compilation,Russ!

(Ahhh,David Beckman - a modern era coach who still wore a tie and jacket on the sidelines. Didnt help a bit!!)

I'm hoping someone can help me with this question. Based on my own recollection, as I look back at that list, it seems to me that a Ticat head coaching job tends to be people's last stop in the CFL. Can anyone tell me who was the last HC who went on to coach somewhere else in the league, even at the assistant level?

Urban Bowman went to the Argos and then Winnipeg as an assistant. IIRC,he slept on a rubber mattress in the team offices until he got his own place in the 'Peg!

That,along with the win/loss record over the last 4+ decades is a scathing indictment of how this team has been run...

And sadly,the tradition seems to be continuing...