My All Time Ti-Cats Canadian Depth Chart

Rules:

1. At least had to dress one game as a Ti-Cat.
  2. Didn't have have to be in their Prime years with the Ti-Cats. ex: Justin Capicotti
  3. May have played a different position on another team, than they did with the Ti-Cats. ex: Daryl Sampson
  4. They had to be born in Canada or played CIS

QB :Frank Cosentino, Larry Jusdains
RB: Jesse Lumsden, Eric Lapointe
FB: Neil Lumsden, Lee Knight
SB/TE: Tony Gabriel, Rocky Dipietro
SB: Andy Fantuz, Mike Morrale
WR; Terry Evershen, Andrew Grigg
WR: Dave Stala
LT: Miles Gorrell, Alexandre Gauitier
LG: Bill Danychuck, Jason Riley
C: Carl Coulter, Marv Allmeneg
RG: Dale Sanderson
RT: Chris Van Zyle

DE: Peter Neumann, Lyall Woznensky
DT: Ted Laurent
DT: Adriano Belli, Mike Philbrick
DE: Nautyn McKay- Loescher, Justin Capicotti
SLB; Bob Krouse
MLB: Mike O'Shea, John Pristner
WLB: Leo Ezerins, Ed Gataveckas
FCB: Courtney Stephen
FHB: Tunde Adeleke, Paul Bennett
S: Rob Hitchcock
BHB: Darryl Sampson, Preston Yoiung
BCB: Ryan Hinds

K: Paul Osbaldiston
P: Hank Ilesik
KR/PR: Tommy Grant
LS: Matt Robichaud

It was a hard list to make, obviously we have been deep at some positions, such as; Guard, Centre, Defensive Tackle, Wide Receiver, Slotback, Fullback, that some guys didn't make the list.

The hardest positions to pick were QB, DHB and CB. Obviously Frank Cosentino was the best Canadian QB to play for the Ti-Cats. I can't remember the last time the Ti-Cats started a Canadian defensive halfback, full time? So I went with Adeleke and Sampson, who have both played the position. Sampson having his best years in Winnipeg at the boundary halfback. Same with Cornerback, Hinds played a season or two there.

What does your depth chart look like?

4 Likes

Agreed. Frank, Tommy and Bob were the best.

Wow ! That is an amazing job , Crazy . You might consider Dave Sauve DE and Bobby Kuntz FB/LB .

the old guy

3 Likes

I can't remember the last time ANY team started a Canadian at Defensive Halfback. It's just so uncommon. I can recall fulltime Canadian CBs: Davis Sanchez, Paul Woldu, Delroy Clarke, Wayne Shaw, Kelly Wiltshire. They may have started a few games at DHB but a full time starter? Unlikely.

Great job on that list .

I agree with mostly all of your selections but here are 10 more that missed the cut that I would personally consider as worthy candidates for this team .

David Sauve- de / Wally Zatylny - kr/pr / B.Ruoff - p / Mike Campbell - dt
Henry Waszczuk - c / Kyle Walters - s / Aaron Crawford - ls / Brandon Revenberg - g / Wayne Smith - ot , og / Scott Flagel - s

3 Likes

I'll chime in with C Gene Ceppetelli who finished his career with the Als but whose prime years were with the Tiger-Cats.

1 Like

Julien Radlein - FB was fantastic.

1 Like

Bernie Ruoff for P/K.
Ryan Bomben

Gene Ceppitelli: Gene Ceppetelli Born: July 28, 1942
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Died: June 14, 2018 (aged 75)
Springfield, Pennsylvania, U.S.
Career information
CFL status National
Position(s) C
Height 6 ft 2 in (188 cm)
Weight 245 lb (111 kg)
College Villanova
Career history
As player
19631967 Hamilton Tiger-Cats
1968–1969 Philadelphia Eagles
1969 New York Giants
19701971 Montreal Alouettes
CFL East All-Star 1967, 1970
Honors 1963, 1965, 1967, 1970 - Grey Cup Champion
Career stats

1 Like

Ceppetelli is the best Cat centre ever IMO . He also played DT on the 1967 Grey Cup team that was the best defence in CFL history .

3 Likes

That’s the problem. The Ti-Cats have had so many good centres over the years, it was a hard decision.

1 Like

Way too many good guards were left off the list such as Dyakowski

We’ve had alot of good safties, I just figured Paul Bennett could slide over to safety, if Hitchcock went down.

Same with guards. We’ve had way too good guards, that played for a long time in the black and gold. Bomben, Dyakowski, Revenberg, etc.

Remember a guy in the early ‘80s named Jim Muller who was a talented defensive tackle. Cut his football career short for a full time engineering job with an oil company.

At fullback I liked Mark Bragagnolo as well, and Jed Tommy was one of the better blocking backs we’ve had.

2 Likes

Ceppetelli was good. He was Mosca’s roomate on roadtrips and liked to play practical jokes on each other.

2 Likes

Remember when they brought him back for a playoff game in Ottawa. He hadn’t played all year but he came back for that one playoff game.

2 Likes

Good memory.