MUST SIGN MEDLOCK

Medlock has reportedly made it very clear to those around him that his goal is to be on an NFL roster next season. The thing about reading articles, is that we often don't have all the info and are often left with the wrong impression. Just speculation, but maybe Medlock said he wasn't sure if they Cats are going to offer him a renewal just yet is because he has already informed them of his intentions on testing the NFL market once more. Im not saying its "easy" for a kicker to make the leap to the NFL but it doesn't appear to be as political as say trying to make the NFL as a RB or WR...hence, just because Medlock failed in attempts before, it doesn't mean anyone will be denying him next year given his results this season.

Good luck to him, can't blame him for wanting to cash in on opportunity....no way would he have a chance to make $400,000.00 a year in the CFL as a kicker....and $400,000.00 is what I believe to be around what league minimum is in the NFL. That being said, if he doesn't make that jump, lock him up!

Sorry that Kicker is in BC Not Hamilton

I do NOT want to lose Medlock. However, Eric Wilbur is playing second-tier AFL, isn't he? It was close between him and Medlock in training camp. Perhaps....

AFL?
Or do you mean UFL?

The UFL season (and likely entire league) has ended, thus Wilbur should be a free agent at the moment.

To my recollection, Wilbur had a better punting average in preseason while Medlock the better FG avg, yet MB stuck with Medlock and made a wise choice.

Paul McCallum - 50 for 53, avg 31.6
Justin Medlock - 49 for 55, avg 37.4

Maybe McCallum’s “dominant” because he doesn’t kick as many long field goals?

Inside the 40, I’d say they’re pretty much even. Beyond that, I’d put my money on Medlock. Hopefully, the team does the same before he gets away. Unfortunately, no CFL team can compete with the NFL salaries, so it’s understandable if he chooses to test the market down south.

Hi CFIO:

As I recall, McCallum's longest field goal was 53 yards and Medlock's was 57. And that's with McCallum kicking a good portion of his field goals at home and indoors.

Who knows how much longer Medlock could kick them if he didn't have a wind to deal with...

Who up for Top Special Teams Player ??? McCallum not Medlock…

Hi Onknight:

I guess McCallum gets the league nod, but I would still stay with Medlock. Better punting average and a stronger field goal leg. Younger too, so you have more years to benefiit from his skills.

Even TSN agrees that Medlock is a valuable commodity...

Kicker Medlock a Powerful Weapon for TiCats

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=380225

He was not up for a CFL Award so can his CFL Writers can't think he that good.

I take Paul over Medlock .. anyday Canadian over Amercian.

I don't depend on the writers. I look at the stats and they tell me that Medlock is every bit as good as I described above.

Maybe he didn't get the writer's OK, but then he didn't blow an easy field goal that could have won a Grey Cup either.

McCallum wasn’t up against a top kick returner like Chad Owens.

Of course, we all know you’d take any non-Ticat over any Ticat, so who cares who you’d take?

Unless he's being massively overpaid, Medlock has been a lock this entire season. A kicker who can consistently kick long field goals is needed for ANY team that is suffering from QB inquires and a young receiving corp.

As much as I love Pre, my Argos made a big mistake when they let Medlock go.
Surely the Cats will not be as stupid?

Medlock was not up against McCallum for the Eastern nominee for Most Outstanding Special Teams Player. He lost the eastern nomination to Chad Owens, who had over 2500 yards in punt and kick returns this year. Pretty impressive in my book; I would have given the nod to Owens as well. Unfortunately, the league doesn’t have an award for Most Oustanding Kicker in the league. If it did, I would hope that Medlock would have taken the eastern nomination over Whyte, and then taken the league award over McCallum. Alas, we’ll never know.

Have you purchased all seven non-Ticats uniforms yet so you can show your support for your favourite teams?

CatsFaninOttawa wrote:

"Have you purchased all seven non-Ticats uniforms yet so you can show your support for your favourite teams?"

That must get kind of confusing during the double header Friday nights? My goodness you could get fabric burns during the turnovers....

Hi old fan, Medlock is a fantastic and powerful kicker and we are so fortunate to have him.
McCallum is a Canadian, a proven veteran and also a fantastic kicker.
Most of B.C.'s games this year were outdoors at Empire Stadium while BC Place was being reno’ed.
Lets just call it McCallum is best in the west and Medlock best in the east.
Hopefully the tie breaker goes to Medlock for this years Grey Cup Championship!!!

Grover wrote:

"Most of B.C.'s games this year were outdoors at Empire Stadium while BC Place was being reno'ed."

Sorry...good point...my apologies for the error.....

"Hi old fan, Medlock is a fantastic and powerful kicker and we are so fortunate to have him.
McCallum is a Canadian, a proven veteran and also a fantastic kicker.
Lets just call it McCallum is best in the west and Medlock best in the east."

I agree, Grover. Thank you for bringing me back to earth....

To the Medlock haters, because hes a beautiful American,

McCalllum had a more accurate season than Medlock, we all know that, but Medlock is still a more dominant kicker. McCallum averaged 57.1 yards a KO with a long of 74 Compared to Medlocks 60.2 yard average with a long of 95 :rockin:

I don’t care that Medlock is a non Canadian, I could care less if he was Hungarian, Japanese or a Wonderful American citizen, I know he goes against the ratio, that doesnt stop him from having the strongest most dominant leg in the dominion. :cowboy:

Huh…now there’s two words you just don’t usually see together…