Musings

AC maybe unique in that regard but how many american coaches come north to be an OC and have instant success in their 1st year in the league? this season will be AC 1st real season as OC rite from TC. plus AC has 18 years as a CFL QB plus 4 years as a NCAA QB. he has played for a lot of OCs and HCs and thru this all has developed his own sense of what an offence should be. all that experience and knowledge can’t be a negative.

As noted last season by one of our American posters, Cato was not injured while in NCAA. Glen gets the start but, I believe Cato had a few early last season wins. He certainly showed excellent passing connecting 70%. Then he became injured and, was missing from the team for several weeks. For his protection, he needs to learn to get the ball off quickly. Calvillo was the master of this in the West offense and, Cato needs to work with him to acquire a like ability. In addition, I feel Cato, while in the second QB status, requires starting time as the season progresses. The only way Cato can demonstrate his worth is, giving him some game action which, hopefully will test out his ability to protect his self and avoid injury.

We'll see over time if Cato or/and Bridge can be the guy. I think like Trestman: The Quarterback is the Captain of the ship... He's the guy that has to lead by example, work harder than all his teammates, take the blame when things go south, spend countless hours studying, give hope to his teammates by how he carries himself.

That is a tall order and not many athletes are willing or capable to do all of that. Management will get to know the "pups" more in 2016. Barring injury these guys should not see much action and will be able to focus on learning and integrating themselves in the organization, or not...

A few pounds added to Cato’s frame would do him some good.

I don’t see why Calvillo’s situation is odd. He’s a rookie OC with very little coaching experience on his resume. So it’s doubly in our interest to surround him with quality coaches to help him in his OC role. Every new coach leans on the people around him. You think Dave Dickenson would be where he is now if he hadn’t been surrounded by quality people at all levels? Same for Milanovich, who spent five years working for one of the best offensive minds the league has ever seen (Trestman).

Dutch, those Dec. 2 and 3 Transactions on the CFL website for the Als and other teams are not for newly signed or renegotiated contracts!

As Richard explained in his post, they are the 2nd or 3rd years of previously signed multi-year contracts being registered with the league.

sorry your incorrect on that.

[i]Hey Dutch 2 incher. Can you at least try and write something intelligent?

And by the way, you keep using your when you should be using you’re. :oops: [/i]

lets start first with your baloney surrounding GOD. having been raised as a RC in st leonard your grandparents and parents must be so proud of your dis-respect!! now wesley AKA johnnie the rabblerouser continues with his v****a venereal disease mouth of continuing everything that the chief warned him not to do but of course wesley being wesley listens to no one but himself.

If you are going to say someone/thing is incorrect it would be kindly appreciated if you could explain why and share the “truth”.

Does he honestly believe CFL teams just happened to renegotiate 276 contracts in 2 days - Dec. 2 and 3? :roll:

He can’t explain or provide the truth, because he’s constantly talking out of his arse… :thdn:

MRX probably had problems with their new database.

what’s wrong with you characters. it happens over weeks and their all released the same day to the public.

oh please you fool. whatever!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: oh yeah mr vinegar and water “C U Next Tuesday” sorry not me but I’m sure you can find a shemale that would appreciate your nonsense form of comedy.

If you stop feeding pigeons they go looking for another place to feast.

oh yeah whatever little boy. “see you next Tuesday” again your nothing but vinegar and water.

is that your sense of humour? “C U Next Tuesday” johnnie in the glutter along the lower main and lower rue st. denis. GET HELP ASAP YOU NEED IT. your present psych meds are no longer working for you.

If a troll wanted to completely disrupt a forum, having two monikers would make it much easier. When two newbies (who appeared on this board at about the same time) spend time insulting each other with BS, then it is likely that they are only one poster.

Sad that the moderator will not act.

[i]Whoa whoa whoa! Back it up there Timmy Cato booster! :cowboy: :

Johnny is not a new poster. He has been here for years. His old account no longer worked when the forums were updated (it happened to a few other users as well).

Dutch is an old coot who lives in Lake Placid (formerly from Montreal). Johnny knows this because Dutch posted a lot of his information on the Gazette website years ago, and as Als rule here a few years ago as well. [/i]