MTL vs WPG 4th Qtr ref blunder

pigseye, i never once said anything about our offence which definately did nothing good in the the 4th, but if you just look at the calls on the feild we got screwed! :thdn:

Incomplete. The receiver never had control of the ball. On first contact it comes flying out. No catch.

-2 steps crunch ball out pretty simple it was a catch. he even gets to turn his head up field.
-earlier in the drive Pass interference on Kent where?
-Winning TD receiver 3 yards offside non-call.

Nope Refs don’t control outcome at all.

It gets extremly fustrating watching CFL games and not just bomber games where penalties are not being called the same way on either side.

This has been the worst officating this year as a whole in general by far needs to be looked at in the off season and refs need to be held accountable and fined, there’s no justice in coming out after the fact and apologizing the deed is done we lost and you killed a team that was already down and out 2 weeks in a row 1st BC now us.

Strange how this has generated 2 pages of shock and outrage when IMHO a far more obvious and egregious (not to mention critical) error was made in BC when Anton McKenzie was blocked from behind in front of the refs while attempting a tackle which directly led to Mann's 50 yard 4th quarter touchdown. And this was AFTER the refs had a pow-wow. Hell, even Higgins publicly admitted they screwed up.

While I thought Richardson had possession last night, the command center was obviously able to 'frame by frame' it in high def and thought otherwise. A lot closer than last week's debacle.

Wow, Pigseye, I hadn’t even noticed that. I guess I was so blinded by the earlier success Winnipeg had. But you’re right: you aren’t going to win many games with that kind of fourth-quarter performance. In fact, take away the Calvillo fumble-6 which your defense generated and the Bombers offense only accounted for something like 8 points in the whole second half.

I agree!!

Time to remove the black and white striped glasses and look at the games objectively. Complaints have been made about almost every game this year with at least one call a week generating enough talk to justify it’s own thread. Complaints have been made by fans of all teams, about all the officiating crews and now the command centre. I’m an Argo fan but I’m also a CFL fans and even when the mistake favours my Argos I find it very frustrating to watch the game because that kind of officiating ruins the game. I watch every play of every game every year…until this year. I have turned off 8 or 9 games this year (at least half of them prior to halftime) because the officiating was having such a negative impact on the game I was no longer enjoying it.

Last nights was not the worst of the year and it may have been difficult for the on field officials to call a complete pass on the play in question but for Jake Ireland to rule in incomplete is a sad joke. You can tell by the reaction of the Al’s on the field even they thought they had lost the ball. Seems like only the command centre and on field officials had some doubt. So what you want us all to believe FYB is that the only people that saw that play, that saw it correctly were the officials? That’s an awfully arrogant idea.

Actually, I think they ARE getting worse every week.

This is now two consecutive weeks that Higgins has had to apologize to a losing coach for a bad call that likely determined the outcome of a game. When’s the last time that happened? In the CFL or any other league? (Keep in mind here that other leagues often have 4 times as many teams as the CFL, and therefore 4 times as many games and 4 times as many opportunities to make mistakes. Yet I still can’t recall an incident where the league had to apologize for such blatant errors two weeks in a row)

Now that I think of it, was it the same crew doing the Ham/BC game last week that also blew the Win/Mtl game? Murray Clark…I think it may have been, but I’m not sure.

In any case, the officiating WILL NOT improve unless the heat is turned up on these guys. Players play better when a 2nd stringer is pushing them from behind for their job, and officials would respond the same, I think. However, since there are no qualified 2nd stringer officials (There can’t be, or we would have seen them by now), the heat has to come from somewhere. Higgins obviously isn’t holding his people to account, so we, the fans, have to step up and apply some upward pressure to make them raise their game.

The players improve through the year. Not only have the officials failed to do so this year, but I do, in fact, think they have taken a few steps backwards.

He wasn’t called with PI - he was called with illegal contact on a receiver. Suitor showed it in the replay and there was contact at the point where the receiver made his cut.

I totally agree. The very last replay showed a bobble just before the hit. That’s an obvious non-catch and an incomplete pass. If I ignored or missed that last replay I would have called it a catch too. That’s why it’s so important to a) pay attention, b) don’t assume you can see everything on TV, c) give the guys in the control room, who see every angle on multiple monitors, the benefit of the doubt.

It did come out on first contact, after he took 2 steps with both hands firmly holding the ball. I PVRed the game and saw every replay several times and never, on any angle saw anything that even remotely resembled a bobble. He had a firm 2 handed grip on the ball until it was knocked out by the tackle.

Completed pass and fumble. Replay clearly shows it.

Ref. are making mistakes on both side every game. When Willis or Hillis whatever his name is touch Calvillo hand to create a fumble and then a TD, he was offside by a mile, no call on that either!! Also the outside kick by Duval was not and the ref who called it was not even looking. All these changed a game just like the last call. Sorry you lost glad we won :wink:

It was a terrible call in my opinion, but, the Bombers still had a chance to stop them on 3rd and 4, and gave up a bomb for a touchdown into double coverage, so there is alot more to blame than the refs for their loss.

I don’t blame the officials for a loss, but should we not be talking about how great the game was or how lousy our team played Monday morning instead of obvious missed and bizzare penalties?