MTL vs. TOR = 31 to 7...

...About that jinx, this is from the Canadian Press:

"The last two times the Alouettes started a season 7-0 - in 1977 and 2002 - they won the Grey Cup"

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/news_story/?ID=173240&hubname=

So, ro1313, you can also go after them if things don't go well in the post season... :wink: :cowboy:

My Proline ticket is looking pretty good so far lol.

Montreal is a machine, they may lose a few this year but I don't see anyone stopping them from earning another GC victory, they are just too solid. And now they add Diedrick, man, that guy looked good.

Actually until last night the Als were 16/20 in TDs from the redzone

Great game by the Al's, but a VERY boring game.

Al's looked good the whole game, but there are a few things that i didn't like.

1. Kerry Watkins!! Please, please act like you caught a football before. Spiking the football after every catch is a joke, more like XFL. I guess i'am more for the guys that catch the ball and run back to the huddle. Be like Cahoon and show some class out there. Do that in a close game and you likely to get chewed out by DM.
  2. Cavillo timing was off. He was throwing behind his receivers. I'am not sure if it was windy in Montreal, but he looked to miss the easy ones. By far not the greatest game out of him.
  3. Nealon Greene i really didn't want to add him to the list because putting a cold QB late in the game is tough.

Things i liked.

1. oline put on a clinic out there. I think the league will finally take notice.
  2. Robert Edwards great game, great effort. He would have been #1 but i think i could have gained 100+ yards with the holes the line created.
  3. Anwar Stewart another dominant game, what else is new.
  4. Diedrick looked great. Edmontons loss is Montreals gain. I think he will be in an Als uniform for a number of years.

....dominating win for the ALS....congrats.....but...and here comes the but.....Argos may have just as well stayed home and e-mailed the 2 points to Montreal....what a pathetic performance....no offense....nothing on d'......if TO. keeps that up their record is going to resemble that of Hams. (if it dosen;t already)...Montreal had a cake walk...playing against back-up qbs.....Pinball better get on the ball...and start bringing in some more nfl cuts.....and quit trying to feed off Bomber cast-offs....Good job Calvillo...he showed the Argos what a thinking mans quarterback should look like... :thup:...can Doug Flutie be on the top of Clemons ..'people to call in the near future' :lol:

Although this was a clear victory, it was a night of disappointment in the stands for MartyMix and I.

He was complaining that we could not complete the drives in the endzones and should not have settled for 5 field goals.

I was complaining that the Als' plays in the fourth quarter were boring and unimaginative.

We were both complaining about how Thyrone Anderson prefers to try to draw flags rather than try to catch the ball.

We were REALLY complaining when unable doofus Nealon Greene blew the shut out (and I called it before it happened... I was just so sure he'd make something stupid).

In all, we came to realise how spoiled we have been over the last years. How many teams would take a victory - even an ugly one - right now? And we couldn't be happy with a 31-7 domination.

The Als have been too good. They made spoiled brats out of us. Damn you talented Als !!!

We'll take those "problems" you are having here in Hamilton any day Third! Even half of those "problems" and we'd be better than we are.

But they have problenms they still haven't addressed. If they don't it could haunt them.

They finally did show first half offensive production esp with lone opening drive.

But receivers dropped at least five passes --- one in EZ I think. That can't keep happening.

With way Toronto was playing, having Spergeon Wynn at QB and all their injuries, 31-7 was a blessing for Argos. It could have (and should have) been much worse. All those FGs.

I have faith in Matthews and all that, but I can't help wonder whether some complacency might start creeping in esp with 7-0 record.

I'm happy my Als are 7-0. I just have this knawing feeling that their deifciencies are going to cost them big-time if not corrected.

We'll take those "problems" you are having here in Hamilton any day Third! Even half of those "problems" and we'd be better than we are.
That's exactly what I told 3rd after the game. We're so spoiled little brats wanting perfection all the time.

But about the game:
-Our D is one of the best
-Unfortunately, the argos Offense was HORRIBLE! so Our D didnā€™t need to do much but got the job done
-Our Offense, good but we pulled EskiDrives ;D (getting FG in the redzone instead of TDs)
-Then Greene messed up the shutout by throwing an INT on his FIRST pass! When we all know that Brady has been much better than Greene since camp. Man, our Defense must want to kick hisā€¦

Go for it!!

Two pass attempts, one interception. Who does that make you think of?

ā€¦Ted White has inhabited Nealonā€™s bodyā€¦hahaha, you will never escape him Third, he haunts your team to this day with his voodoo dollsā€¦

But!
Greene did rush for 10-12 yards!
White could never do that

White was just too busy thinking when and how big his next meal was going to be.

anyone else get caught by suprise during that tennis commercial, where the bluebomber player tackles him?

i didnt see that one comming...good one!

yeah I was waiting for something to happen in that ad but never saw that coming.

Unless heā€™d fell forward.

Only if the field was downhill!
Then he would have rolled into the endzone

I just thought about something funny:

The Argos had just beaten, two weeks ago, the RoughRiders... without Allen most the most part.

Reading this quip reminds me of the first Major League movie. And for some reason, I can actually picture The Don saying this:

ā€œIā€™m p!$$ed off now, Nealon. Look, I go to you. I stick up for you. You no help me now. I say, ā€˜ you, Nealon!ā€™ I do it myself.ā€ :lol: