MTL acquires Kevin Glenn

gary lawlessVerified account
?@garylawless
can confirm the #als have acquired veteran QB Kevin Glenn from #riders #cfl details to follow

gary lawlessVerified account ?@garylawless 6m6 minutes ago
it's a fifth round pick going back to #riders in exchange for veteran QB Kevin Glenn who is headed to #als #cfl

Drew EdwardsVerified account ?@scratchingpost 22m22 minutes ago
Drew Edwards Retweeted gary lawless
The #Ticats will face KG on back-to-back weeks... playing for different teams.

Trade deadline ends today at 4:ooPM EST

BBBBBut, some thought, HAM should give Fantuz and a first to get Kevin Glenn. :wink:

The Dirty Birds can have him, at this stage of the game he won't make a lick of a difference on that team. Hopefully Glenn will be ready to go this Sunday. It will be fun to beat him up two weeks in a row, this trade just made this game that more interesting this weekend and in reality shows just how desperate that Popp and the Als have become this season.

x2

And the Bingo card is almost complete. Glenn just needs to find a way to get on Edmonton’s roster at some point next season, to be able to make the dubious claim of having been a member of every team in the league.

I wonder; has any other player been with all CFL teams during his career, or would Glenn be the first were he somehow to make it to Edmonton?

If the Riders are having a fire sale, maybe we can scoop someone off their roster for a late pick. :wink:
These are our Draft picks
2016 Draft Picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, SSK 3rd, EDM 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th

Trade deadline ends in 5 hours, tick tick!

Kevin Glenn will look better behind a solid Alouette O line with large targets like SJ Greene & Nic Lewis.Watch him bloom on Sunday,he is usually good in his first game with a new team.Hope the Als get the cross over this year but not at our expense Sunday.

It would be very surprising if Kevin Glenn is starting after only having 2 days and a walk thru to prepare for our defence

You mean the defence he just prepared for and faced last week?

Wouldn't surprise me in the least. Kevin Glenn on 2 days plus a walk through, with Montreal's vanilla offensive 'scheme' run by novices as offensive coordinators, cannot possibly be any worse than Boone or Marsh, can he?

But against Hamilton's ferocious defence, I don't predict any great results from him.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least. Kevin Glenn on 2 days plus a walk through, with Montreal's vanilla offensive 'scheme' run by novices as offensive coordinators, cannot possibly be any worse than Boone or Marsh, can he?

But against Hamilton's ferocious defence, I don't predict any great results from him.[/quote]

This :thup: However, I have nothing but respect for the guy.

i wish Kevin the best...starting next week. :wink:

shoulda had the "i no play Hamilton again" clause in his contract

Glenn is signed thru 2016 season also.
Could there be some Cap issues coming up for the Al's?

Not at all. Some older players won't be returning next season, Stamps contract alone covers most of what Glenn probably got.

I'm sure he would have loved to come back to Hamilton, it's the closest place to his businesses in Detroit. He owns a few Tim Horton's north of the border in Detroit.

South of the border?

I didn't even know they had Tim's in the 313

They're all over in Michigan and northern Ohio. :thup:

You may have been right the first time with "north" :wink: It depends how far north/west of the tunnel or bridge his places are. (take a look on a map) It's much shorter to go from Sarnia to Windsor through Port Huron because of Lake St.Clair and the Detroit River. Some places you are looking north to Michigan. :lol:

One of my all time favourite Jeopardy questions was "The country you first enter if you travel south from Detroit". The question is "What is Canada".

:thup: :thup: :thup:

For all you Kevin Glenn bashers , Mr Glenn has done quite well while he was in Hamilton ! "Kevin Glenn invested in a Tim Hortons franchises in his hometown of Detroit in 2008, and is about to open his sixth outlet. He is involved in day-to-day operations during the off season and works with Tim Hortons on community programs, camps and charitable initiatives." Would have been nice to help The Ticats and retire at THF!!! I think he is just playing for fun now ! sounds like he is hurting off the field $$$$:lol: :thup: