MTC: The Greatest Quarterback/ Receiver Connections

for the best qb/wr connection ill give it to calvillo and cahoon and even though qb/rb makes no sense ill agree that lancaster and reed are the greatest

I don"t agree with any of your statement West Island!

1)How can you say that AC makes bad choises at critical time with the winning % he has?

2)You say AC makes a lot of inaccurate passses that Cahoon turns into compleations, I call them perfect passes that are thrown where only Cahoon can catch them

3)Sure AC has a great O line and Center! What great QB didnt?

I remember Tom Clements and Tony Gabriel from the Ottawa Rough Riders were a pretty good pair for your consideration although Tony was really a slot back.

Just started thinking about the subject and going back you have to give the nod to Russ Jackson and Bobby Simpson of the old Ottawa Roughriders. You can also include Ronny Stewart for the slot back. All three born Canadians to boot!

2)You say AC makes a lot of inaccurate passses that Cahoon turns into compleations, I call them perfect passes that are thrown where only Cahoon can catch them
The great thing about this competition is the fact that it is a contest comparing the best qb/wr teams. Teammates make each other better. There is no question that Cahoon makes AC look good. AC's completion percentage would be much lower without Ben consistently catching balls that very few receivers in the world could make. For you to say that all of AC's balls are perfectly placed is not only ignorant, it takes away from Cahoon's contribution to this tandem/team. These two have proven that [b]they are the best combination ever![/b] Their statistics prove it--and they are still adding to their numbers--widening the margin between the other tandems.

Preach on Brother!!!!

I can hear "Glory Day's" playing in the background right now!

ScottyJ 8)

Darren flutie was no doubt the best slotback throughout the years he was playing in the CFL

when I see those last two passes, MacManus to Flutie, in the snow, in calgary, playoff 94, to beat the Doug Flutie led Stampeders, it brings a tear to my eye. No way anybody beats that.

yes, you're right. stupid me, I'm thinking Wilkinson/Scott. Duh! Mind you, Moon/Kelly is a great combo as well. Btw, who did Dieter Brock throw to back in the days with Winnipeg?

Btw, who did Dieter Brock throw to back in the days with Winnipeg
the fans

Joe Kapp and Willie Fleming. One of the best duos. :stuck_out_tongue:

Brock was elected into the CFL HOF as a Player, June 18, 1995. Always known for his strong arm, this quarterback led the CFL in passing for four years. He was selected All-Western three times, All-Canadian twice, Most Outstanding Player in the West twice, and Most Outstanding Player in the CFL twice.

Do Joe Poplowski and James Murphy ring a bell??

Brock's go to guys!

And then there was the great Jackie Parker (spagetti legs) 8)

Gee, I know the Stampeders have had some crappy teams over the years, but I can't believe they're the only team without a nominee.

I would vote for either Peter Liske to Terry Evanshan or maybe Doug Fluie - Allen Pitts.

What do you say, guys?

Gee, I know the Stampeders have had some crappy teams over the years, but I can't believe they're the only team without a nominee.
patience GrassHopper, Patience.

I surmise they might be on next weeks agenda, maybe…

Has to be Flutie / Pitts. THAT was magic otherwise unseen in this league.

i second that

as much as I have been a DF fanatic for the past 25 yrs, give or take, I still think that the ride that danny and darren took thru 3 teams together was unique and most worthy of best combo. They proved it was no single team fluke. They proved they had special chemestry together.

Ben Cahoon has been the only receiver to have three other teamates surpass 1000 yards along with him, multiple times might I add. Ben clears up room for his teamates while being double teamed, and Anthony still puts the ball in his hands. Without Cahoon and Calvillo working to free eachother up the Al's wouldn't be so dominant.

One thing never changes with the dominant Alouette receiving corps, Ben Cahoon makes everyone else better, because they are open. That makes it easier for the quarterback as well as the receivers. The sign of good teamates is that they make everyone else around them better.