Mr Tillman

Well looks like all signs are pointing to having Tillman back in the fold for the Gades.

If this occurs, its will be the best thing the Gades will have done since....

since....

since hiring Tillman the 1st time when we were an expansion team...

1. Yeah,sure--fans will now rush down to the ticket office just because ERIC is back?

2. Tillman hired the incompetant Paopao as Head Coach from his former getgo--THAT was mistake #1...You trust this guy's judgement..

3. His trades--I suugest he got flleced more than he won...

4. His bungling of the Canadian College draft--he had 3 of these and exactly how many of his selectons are on the Gades today? VERY FEW...
    Last year's draft was bungled by Tillman's hire Paopao (the Mat Kkellet for a #5 overall pick) --but even that bungler still came up with 2 roster players (a good one in Hathaway and a reserve and special teams guy in Cam Yeow)
    --that's better than Tillman's average...Tllman bungled his drafts from the getgo (Vilmek instead of Clermont;Vilmek hardly saw a down with us --now he's in Montreal;Gauthier only really got a chance in his 3rd year with us--then he was let go as a free agent --another Papao idiocy (HE WAS TILLMAN's HIRE)...numerous drafteees who Tillman picked but never showed up here even at training camp...and some who did but were cut ...
    overlloked guys like Stala,Mariuz we coulda drafted...Traded first rounder for guys who haven't made our team (Donie Ashley case)...drafts Kabongo,then trades him (not good enough for our defensive line;then Kabongo switched to O-line and starts for EDM)...and on and on...
    TILLMAN doesn't know Canadian talent --he bungles drafts...
    switchd to offensive line

5. His famed "contacts" for recruiting in the USA? I say limited to his 'homeboy" states of Louisiana and Mississipi mostly--has he not heard
    they play football in the rest of the country?

6. His fixation with smurfy recievers and kick returners...did he get us ayone who could block and tackle?

7. Sure he got a few "hits" --Armstead,Hebert (will he be in the slammer?)
    and got lucky in 1 of his trades (Korey Banks) --but these are VERY FEW successes amid far more failures...

8. His talent evaluation and wasted $$$ allocations stink: $90,000+ for
    Mr. Injury (Pat Woodcock--again with the smurfs!) =TILLMAN is bonkers...

9. I'll grant he did well with QB's --but we need far more than that to make a
    successful team...

10..His "neg list" failed to provide when we needed O-line help at Tackles...
Failure to have on it /bring in top MLB (3 yrs Tillman+4th from his neg list)
Failure to develop All-star calibre D-linemen in the 4 yrs...

CONCLUSION: TOO MUCH FAILURE--ET is a flim /flam man--talks a good game but doesn't deliver much...

I'd hire him as team PR/spokesman in a second--but I don't want his bungling to interfere in the football operation --he'll kill us in bad trades and wasted draftpicks...watch!

[quote="mlgottfan"]1. Yeah,sure--fans will now rush down to the ticket office just because ERIC is back?

1. Tillman hired the incompetant Paopao as Head Coach from his former getgo--THAT was mistake #1...You trust this guy1. Yeah,sure--fans will now rush down to the ticket office just because ERIC is back?

SURE BUT SOME OF DIRECTION AND STABILITY WILL HELP THE TEAM GET BETTER AND THAT WILL SELL TIX.

1. Tillman hired the incompetant Paopao as Head Coach from his former getgo--THAT was mistake #1...You trust this guy's judgement..

JOE'S WORK IN OTTAWA WAS FINE UNTIL THE HEAD OFFICE TROUBLES SPILLED ONTO THE FIELD. JOE WAS A GOOD COACH FOR A AN EXPANSION TEAM.

1. His trades--I suugest he got flleced more than he won...

HE MADE VERY FEW TRADES, YOU CAN'T CRITICIZE THE GUY FOR A COUPLE TRADES, THIS IS A GLORIFIED EXPANSION TEAM FOR GOD SAKES!

1. His bungling of the Canadian College draft--he had 3 of these and exactly how many of his selectons are on the Gades today? VERY FEW...
    Last year's draft was bungled by Tillman's hire Paopao (the Mat Kkellet for a #5 overall pick)
    A 5FT ROUNDER FOR A STARTING KICKER IS A GREAT TRADE... THE FACT THE MONTREAL HID THE INJURY IS ANOTHER ISSUE --but even that bungler still came up with 2 roster players (a good one in Hathaway and a reserve and special teams guy in Cam Yeow) --that's better than Tillman's average...Tllman bungled his drafts from the getgo (Vilmek instead of Clermont;Vilmek hardly saw a down with us --now he's in Montreal;Gauthier only really got a chance in his 3rd year with us--then he was let go as a free agent --another Papao idiocy (HE WAS TILLMAN's HIRE)...numerous drafteees who Tillman picked but never showed up here even at training camp...and some who did but were cut ...
    overlloked guys like Stala,Mariuz we coulda drafted...Traded first rounder for guys who haven't made our team (Donie Ashley case)...drafts Kabongo,then trades him (not good enough for our defensive line;then Kabongo switched to O-line and starts for EDM)...and on and on...

CRANKY PANTS... NOT ALL DEAL OR SIGNING PAN OUT.

TILLMAN doesn't know Canadian talent --he bungles drafts...
switchd to offensive line

TALENT IDENTIFICATION COMES WITH SCOUTS, THE GADES HAVEN'T HAD GOOD CANADIAN SCOUTS SINCE DAY 1.... THEY WEREN'T SETUP TO WIN DUE THE $$$ AND WEAK DRAFTS...

1. His famed "contacts" for recruiting in the USA? I say limited to his 'homeboy" states of Louisiana and Mississipi mostly--has he not heard
    they play football in the rest of the country?

US CONTACTS ARE US CONTACTS.

1. His fixation with smurfy recievers and kick returners...did he get us ayone who could block and tackle?

EXPANSION TEAMS GET SCRAPS

1. Sure he got a few "hits" --Armstead,Hebert (will he be in the slammer?)
    and got lucky in 1 of his trades (Korey Banks) --but these are VERY FEW successes amid far more failures...

2. His talent evaluation and wasted $$$ allocations stink: $90,000+ for
    Mr. Injury (Pat Woodcock--again with the smurfs!) =TILLMAN is bonkers...

WAS TRYING TO SELL SOME TIX AND GETTING A OTTAWA BOY SOUNDED GOOD AT THE TIME... NOT HIS FAULT THAT WOODCOCK DIDN'T PAN OUT. THEY NEVER THREW THE BALL TO HIM

1. I'll grant he did well with QB's --but we need far more than that to make a
    successful team...

CFL PRIORITY IS QB, ESPCIALLY WITH AN EXPANSION TEAM. THE GUY DIDN'T GET TO DO HIS JOB EXCEPT ON YEAR 1.

10..His "neg list" failed to provide when we needed O-line help at Tackles...
Failure to have on it /bring in top MLB (3 yrs Tillman+4th from his neg list)
Failure to develop All-star calibre D-linemen in the 4 yrs...

AGAIN HE NEVER GOT A CHANCE TO DO HIS JOB

CONCLUSION: TOO MUCH FAILURE--ET is a flim /flam man--talks a good game but doesn't deliver much...

I'd hire him as team PR/spokesman in a second--but I don't want his bungling to interfere in the football operation --he'll kill us in bad trades and wasted draftpicks...watch!

I'D HIRE HIM IN A GM IN A HEART BEAT. HE BRING INSTANT CFL CREDIBILITY. HE IS CHUMS WITH THE HC JENKINS AND THIS TIME AROUND HE MAY GET A CHANCE TO DO HIS JOB.

IF YOU ARE SO AGAINST HIS HIRING THEN WHO WOULD YOU CHOOSE AND WHY.... THERE'S ISN'T THAT MANY GM'S SITTING AROUND WITH CFL EXPERIENCE.

Options Quick Reply
Quote the last message
Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)
Notify me when a reply is posted

Display posts from previous: All Posts1 Day7 Days2 Weeks1 Month3 Months6 Months1 Year Oldest FirstNewest First

Jump to: Select a forum Forum index|--[CFL / LCF]| |-- CFL Talk| |-- LCF Conversation|--[Teams / Équipes]| |-- Montreal Alouettes| |-- Ottawa Renegades| |-- Toronto Argonauts| |-- Hamilton Tiger-Cats| |-- Winnipeg Blue Bombers| |-- Saskatchewan Roughriders| |-- Calgary Stampeders| |-- Edmonton Eskimos| |-- BC Lions