Mr. All-Time Roughrider

Kent Austin would have to lead this team to back to back Grey Cup Titles before he'd get serious consideration...

yea good old interception General.. :wink:

Okay guys how many of you here jumped on the bandwagon when Austin was driven out of town? I know I wasn't one of them, for one if the Riders did not win the cup Austins name would not even be considered and even though they did win he still should not be on this list, I would thank Richie Hall before Austin. You can't compare Lancaster to Austin at this point lets see how this rolls along with a few seasons under his belt before we say he is the Riders savour, Austin was one of my favourite QB's that played in Saskatchewan. You can add a few more players here to this list guys like Ridgway suprised a Rider fan would leave this guy out, how many games did he win for us including one Grey Cup game.

Poll was not started by a Rider fan. Presumably the author thought that the Elgaards, Halls and Ridgeways of the world would have no chance of winning against those named.

Anyway, there was an β€œother” option available but it is currently outnumbered 17 to 2 by the three people named in the poll.

I would have thought that Ridgeway merited a place with these guys for sure.

Edit: But then again, I suspect guys like Jason Tucker, Dave Cutler, Brian Kelly, Sean Fleming wouldn't make a 'Mr All-Time Eskimo' poll either....

Here are the players that I think of when you talk about the other franchises:

BC- Lui Passaglia
EDM- Warren Moon or Tom Wilkinson
CAL- Wille Burden and Allen Pitts
WPG- Milt Stegall
HAM- Angelo Mosca, Rocky DePietro
TOR- Mike Clemons, Terry Greer
MTL- Peter Dalla Riva
OTT- Russ Jackson

B.C., Lui Passaglia
Edmonton, Jackie Parker
Calgary, Wayne Harris
Saskatchewan, George Reed
Winnipeg, Kenny Ploen
Hamilton, Garney Henley
Toronto, Pinnball
Ottawa, Russ Jackson
Montreal, Bernie Faloney

Hired gun, Doug Flutie

A lot probably depends on where you stand re: the player vs. builder distinction. If builder contributions can be recognized, then a guy like Ralph Sazio (30 years including player, head coach, GM, president) would be a contender for all-time Tiger-Cat. And how could any player's contribution outweigh that of Hugh Campbell's for the Esks? Or Ackles for the Lions? Similarly, Pinball's off-field contributions, when added to his playing career, might vault him ahead of other great players.

That's why I asked the question about Kent Austin. Prior to this year I doubt he'd have got many votes.

Good about Sazio ExPat, his contribution to the TiCats legacy was certainly a great one. As for Hugh Campbell, if he had played for the Eskimo's I might have considered him but Old Spaghetti Legs is the only chice in Edmonton. It can be argued that he was the first and in many peoples mind the greatest superstar in CFL history. Don't forget he also played, offence and defence, and coached the Eskimos.

Ol' Spaghetti Legs also won four GCs with the Esks (one as coach), as he was on the original dynasty team.

He was quite a guy. I had the pleasure of meeting and chatting with him once in Edmonton about thirty years ago. I'll never forget it because I was seriously star-struck at the time %) He was very very nice.

how about ford??

Or Chevrier.