Looks like my wife is going to get that job in Edmonton (Fort Sask, close enough) so she'll be moving out there first and the rest of us will be following her out there next summer if it all works out. (me, the boy, the dog and the cat )
She's a real big football fan now since her first game about 4 years ago. We've had Bomber season tix for the last three years and sit on the sunny east side. Its great fun. So we'll probably end up getting season tix in Edmonton as well.
So, some questions for you all:
- Can we get good season tickets? Or would we be sitting in the nose bleed section on the 5 yard line?
- How much are the season tickets, say between the 45 yard lines?
- Do you have to pay for parking? I've never had to here in Winnipeg.
- Is there a sunny side? We much prefer that.
- Where do the old fuddy duddies sit? Are they confined to certain sections? (LOL) We like to drink, have a good time, be loud, jump up and down at the games. Will that be a problem?
- On the TSN games you can hear an announcer trying to get the crowd to "make some noise". Is that really necessary or is that just some radio guy justifying his existence like it is here. Its so freakin lame and just not necessary here ... is it there?
Some questions about Edmonton in general ... I've been there a bunch of times in my tree-planting days about 20 years ago:
- I know Whyte Ave and the area around the University. Has that changed much in the last 20 years? For better or worse?
- I know Sherwood Park ... what are some neighbourhood names that would be similar to that, especially on the North or East end of the city?
- Is there a certain part of Edmonton to not live in? What are the names of some neighbourhoods to avoid?
- Do people live downtown? Not many people do here, and with good reason.
- It looks like Fort Sask is fair distance away from the outskirts of the city. How long of a drive?
- I notice on Google Maps there's only a couple bridges over the river on the NE end of the city. Is that true?
Any comments would be really appreciated. :thup: