most

Which team in the CFL has had the most convicted player? I sayin The Riders

...nope, the Shreveport Pirates who's line up was made mostly of convicts on day passes from the Louisiana State Penitentiary in Baton Rouge....the rest of their team were actual pirates, but they weren't necessarily convicted ones....

I heard Mike Vick is seriously contemplating a tryout with the Memphis Mad Dogs.....

I smell hogwash.

I was thinking along the lines of Troll!

Definitely those Pirates from Shreveport, the cutlass and eye patch were a dead give away, easy pickins for the cops to spot.

Former Riders', Terell Ulmer and James Curry never shyed away from trouble...even former NFL 'man of the year' and Esky QB Warren Moon has been around the block a few times and other 80's Esk Hector Pothier was definately in jail a couple times.

Kel

Moon was recently arrested for drunk driving. While this is considered a misdemeanor in the US, it's an indictable offence in Canada so it may actually prevent him from visiting there ever again without a special permit. This is really sad because to me, Moon is the greatest.

Didn't Jack Sparrow play quarterback for the Pirates?

…i believe that was Jim Hawkins…MadJack :wink:

The only thing truly criminal is that this thread still exists......

...arrrr...hand over ye silver ye flatlander....

We stole Cates fahr and sqhuare, matey!

No he wasnt… Get your facts straight.

Moon's problems involve a domestic violence dispute with his wife a few years ago. If I'm not mistaken he plead quilty to the offense.

My mistake,
here is what I found...

Warren Moon?
After deliberating for just half an hour, a jury acquitted Minnesota Vikings quarterback Warren Moon of assaulting his wife, Felicia. The incident occurred in July 1995 at the couple’s home, and their terrified seven-year-old son called the police. Felicia Moon originally told police that she had been beaten by her husband; she had visible injuries. She later insisted to police and to the jury that she had struck first and her husband was merely trying to restrain her. Prosecutors had used a controversial new Texas law to force Felicia to testify against her husband. In interviews after the verdict, the Moons declined to criticize the law, saying simply that it was mis-used in their case. Prosecutors disagreed.

Here is the story on Moon and his drunk driving..

Moon arrested in Seattle suburb for drunken driving
ESPN.com news services

Updated: April 10, 2007, 10:25 PM ET
Comment
Email
Print
KIRKLAND, Wash. -- Pro Football Hall of Fame quarterback Warren Moon was arrested for investigation of drunken driving after a trooper stopped him for allegedly speeding, the State Patrol said.

Moon, 50, was stopped at about 2 a.m. Friday in downtown Kirkland, State Patrol Trooper Courtney Stewart said Tuesday.

The former University of Washington and Seattle Seahawks quarterback was arrested and taken to the Kirkland Police Department for processing, and was later released. His vehicle was impounded, Stewart said.

The Tacoma News Tribune revealed last night that state records show that Moon's blood-alcohol level was measured at .068 percent and .067 percent in breath tests conducted at 3:36 and 3:39 a.m. on April 6. The legal limit in Washington is .08 percent; however, charges could still be filed if prosecutors decide that the driver was impaired.

The case has been forwarded to King County prosecutors to decide if criminal charges will be filed, Stewart said.

Moon played 17 seasons and 208 games in the NFL with the Houston Oilers, Minnesota Vikings, Seahawks and Kansas City Chiefs. When he retired after the 2001 season, Moon ranked third in passing attempts, completions, yardage and total offense.

He entered the Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio, in August, and has been an analyst on Seahawks' radio broadcasts for the past three seasons.

In 1978, Moon led Washington to a 27-20 Rose Bowl victory over Michigan. Before moving to the NFL in 1984, Moon led the Canadian Football League's Edmonton Eskimos to five straight Grey Cup victories.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

He was arrested a couple months back, but he wasnt even over the legal limit...

You should check your own facts (which you clearly did not do) before accusing someone else of not getting theirs straight. You’ll also note that I didn’t say he was convicted.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2831653 [url=http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seahawks/2003659920_moon10.html]http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/s ... oon10.html[/url] [url=http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seahawks/2003824656_moon07.html?syndication=rss]http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/s ... cation=rss[/url]

I’m not sure if his conviction of the lesser charge will affect him or not. Hopefully it won’t but it could very well be a problem for him since he does have an arrest record.

No, I knew. But he wasnt drunk. Negligent driving and drunk driving are two different things.