most points scored in a season.

if I did my math right, ticats on par for 657.

that would put them in 6th al time

Most Points For
Calgary Stampeders 698 (1994)
Toronto Argonauts 689 (1990)
Edmonton Eskimos 671 (1991)
BC Lions 661 (1991)
Toronto Argonauts 660 (1997)
Winnipeg Blue Bombers 651 (1994)

I thought maybe they might be close to the record, but as strange as this may sound, they need to do better :slight_smile:

note, number 1, 4 and 5 is Flutie with 3 different teams.

Matty teams up with Foggie for second place.

tracy ham gets in with edmonton at number 3

Matty again with a little help from some friends in wpg for 6th

notice how every one of highest scoring seasons in CFL history are from the 90’s?
those were certainly the days of free wheeling offenses and an exciting period IMO regardless of the near insolvency of the league.

Guys like Flutie, Archer, Austin, Dunigan, Allen, Ham, McManus, Garcia, Burgess, Ham etc all tabbed incredible numbers including highs of 6,000+ yards passing and 40+ TD seasons for some.

If I’m not mistaken, the only team on that list that won the Grey Cup was the 1997 Toronto Argonauts.

Of course in Hamilton’s case it’s been aided by an astounding 12 non-offensive TDs. Right now the record for most defensive TDs is 11, held by the 1987 Edmonton Eskimos, Hamilton currently sits with 8 with 10 games to go. The record for most interception return TDs is 7 held by the 2006 Toronto Argonauts, Hamilton currently has 6.

Yes, the WORST era of on field product the league has ever seen. Sloppy sloppy football, 5 to 7 teams per year with no defense, 2 or 3 teams each year with double or triple the budget of the bottom 2 or 3. Fat contracts to QBs and receivers neglecting the rest of the roster = awful awful football.

And last season and this season have been better? If I have to watch sloppy football I'd rather at least see some points on the board. The last season and a half has been the most boring, mind numbing football I can ever remember from the CFL.

Not only that, but none of the others even made the Grey Cup game. Hamilton's defensive record it might be the better reference as the *& Eskimos, whose record they may break, did win the Grey Cup.

Go watch basketball.

Seriously.

The sloppy football atleast had sustained drives in the 90s... Nowadays, a team can't put together t3 first downs without the aid of a penalty call.

The sloppy football atleast had sustained drives in the 90s... Nowadays, a team can't put together t3 first downs without the aid of a penalty call.

The sloppy football atleast had sustained drives in the 90s... Nowadays, a team can't put together 3 first downs without the aid of a penalty call.

Read the entire post.

Seriously. :roll:

Details are not missed. Figure out or lose.

Details? Details!!??:lol: :lol: You can't even comprehend the basic printed word. Details?

You don't have the slightest f'ing clue what I said.

Let's bring back American Expansion and we'll see lots of points :stuck_out_tongue:

Speaking of clueless I have two words for you, or should I say one name; Jim Mora.

Takes all the fun out of a joke when you have to explain it to the children. :roll:

You mean playoffs right? like my team is 0-8 right? This is the part where you say aaaaysphinctersezzwatt? And I'm supposed to say 'what?' right?

Me Walken, you Garth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQQdJ07y8Z8

Dude, what I said to you previously went soooo ridiculously over your head, you have not the slightest clue. In fact I even made a small mistake in it but the edit button disappeared and I couldn't fix it and you have no idea at all.

So keep laughing.

You can't read or comprehend English, you have extreme difficulty reading more than a one line post and you, by your own admission can't type the words you want into a computer with spell check on without making a mistake and I'm the idiot?

Crawl back in your hole prairiepup.

are you two really enjoying yourselves? just wondering. cause its no fun for anyone else. just sayin

cmon now, kiss and make up..eh :wink:

You said it, not me. :stuck_out_tongue:

Actually I have at one point a while back and you didn't notice.