MOST OVER RATED 11-0 TEAM EVER

I belive I said much earlier that the lions where the most over rated 9-0 team ever. THey ran it to 11-0, then ran into a brick wall. BC is making me look like a fortune teller instead of just GOD LIKE. I hate to agree with UnrealRider, but the esks have a very good shot at first place now. I wonder if it has ever happened, going 11-0 to start and not get first place in your division. What a tag to have. I hope the lions liked commenwealth,because we will see you there.

DON"T FORGET TO CLEAN OUR DRESSING ROOM BEFORE YOU COME

Agreed, everyone who was supporting the fact that the lions deserved their 11-0 were wrong. They got a few lucky breaks during their win streak, but now the breaks aren't heading their way and its beginning to show. Good luck with Calgary in the West Semifinal! :slight_smile:

I'll remember those words.

Yep, the Esks really outclassed the Lions tonight alright. For having home field advantage, they didn't look very impressive to me. Good luck winning the Western Final in BC, if they can only manage to win by a field goal in the final second of the game.

Both teams played a solid defensive game tonight. However, there were a couple of extremely bad calls. One where, almost 6 seconds after the play was called dead, an Eskimo knocked a Lion on his butt right in front of the official, and no flag was thrown. The second one was when Printers got dummied after he threw the ball, again, right in front of the ref, and no flag was thrown.

We didnt look impressive to you, and you still lost! that must really blow, how many games have you won in the last 7? now thats impressive!

If you call that a reffing problem then man you'd hate to be a Rider fan.

Hwgill , the real bad call that made a huge difference was the roughing the passer call on Carl Kidd . He was clearly blocking Rays passing lanes with his hands up in the air and it worked too resultimg in an intereception thrown by Ray. It was perfectly executed , but instead of the interecept Ray is given the ball back with 15 yards???? And he's now down in scoring range??? And gets a TD when it should have been Casey's ball.
I guess the Lions' now have case for a game changing bad call they could forward a complaint too.

What really blows is an Eskimo passing game that can't get the job done against a Lion's secondary that has been somewhat suspect since the injury to Mark Washington. Kudos to Edmonton's defense last night though.

I think I'd like to see the Lions host Calgary in the Western Final now, because I don't want the comments of Eskie fans on this forum embarrassing you too badly after the Leos win the Western Final.

Go Stamps!

ummm hey little guy, how many yards passing did whiney casey girl get.191

and we got 227 , soooooooooooo u know your argument kinda reeks.

good try though better luck next time 2nd palce

227 is nothing to be overly proud of, RnR.....that is very average, and still no TDs thrown.....neither team shone offensively.....

I KNOW BUT HE'S SAYING THAT WE DID'NT DO A THING AGAISNT THEM , WELL WE DID MORE THEN THEY DID, THATS ALL I WAS TRYING TO SHOW THIS LITTLE CHUMP

I agree, I think that was a horrible call. The point I wanted to make however, was that in the next series, the didn't call the EE on virtually exactly the same move...right in front of the ref. Bad calls happen in every sport, but when several calls in the first half appear to be very one-sided, I get a little choked. Even the announcers talked about the wrongness of those two plays; one with a call, the other no-call.

If you're referring to me, I'm kinda wondering who the whiny girl is. Jeez, if some Eskimo fans start trash talking here after a meagre 3 point win, I'll play ball with 'em. That's what I'm talking about.

The fact is, neither team shone offensively last night, but it was a great defensive struggle between two pretty good teams.

There were several things that were good about last nights game and several things that were not.

1. Mcloughlin was 4 for 4
  2. our defence played pretty good even w/o washington
    some of the bad things
  3. omahony couldnt kick anything past 35 yards giving the eskimos excellent field position most of the night ( thats where our defence did look good ).
  4. stupid penalties and no calls by the refs. one such non call was in the third quarter where an esk pushed the reciever two handed on the chest before the ball even got there and the esk wasnt even watching for the ball. It should have been pass inter.( but of course the refs were to busy looking to see if they should call bc for a penalty instead). even the eskimo fans sitting around me could'nt believe that they didn't get a call.

STOP WHINING U BIG BLOODY BABY

WHAT ABOUT TROY DAVIS TD THAT WAS CALLED BACK BECAUSE OF A CRAP HOLDING CALL , HOW BOUT THAT THERE YOU WHINEY LITTLE GIRLS.

sound familiar doesn't it. My impression of an ee fan. but if you couldnt see that the refs sucked last night perhaps you are a ref.

it sucked on both sides, so u cannot use it as a exscuse

I don't like using reffing as an excuse for losing games myself, but I agree with your point about the punting though. O'Mahony's last punt virtually guaranteed the Eskies the winning field goal. Be nice to have a punter who can average 45 yards per kick.

What about the field goal we didn't have to give up at the end of the first half? The Leos should have run out the clock instead of Casey throwing that hail-mary pass.

The defence did play well. That's two games in a row now, and Washington is coming back just in time. Yeh, 4 for 4 on field goals by the old fella was great to see. Before, I groaned every time O'Mahony trotted on the field for a field goal. I used to pray for 3rd down gambles in those situations. I guess I can put my rosary beads away now. :smiley:

With respect to Duncan "mr. shank" O'mahoney. Any other team in the CFL would have cut this guy a long time ago. I have lost some respect for Wally Bonehead because of this, it is so obvious now that O'mahony is only on the team because he is a friend of Buono. Maybe that is why the lions have only 1 win in their last six games because the players have lost respect for Buono. Something is clearly wrong with this team. There is no way they should have only 1 win. dissention on the team??