Most Outstanding Rookie

Who’s going to win rookie of the year?

Who do you think should win?

Here’s the blurb from CFL.ca:

Williams-Lambert played in 17 games where he compiled 62 catches for 764 yards and four touchdowns. Of his 62 receptions, 21 of them were for clutch second down conversions. He finished first among Riders in receptions, tied for first in touchdown receptions and second in receiving yards. The last Roughriders player to be up for the award was Weston Dressler in 2008.

Ottawa REDBLACKS rookie kicker Lewis Ward led the league with an incredible 98.1% field goal kicking percentage, setting a single-season CFL record (former record was 94.7% by Rene Paredes). Ward also set the all-time record for most consecutive made field goals with 47. Ward finished with 169 points scored for the REDBLACKS.

Lewis Ward! Should be unanimous.

:slight_smile:

Has to be Jordan Williams-Lambert, whoever that is. The Security Guard, the future made-for television Lewis Ward movie, needs a “It’s better to have tried and failed than never tried” feeling. Winning rookie of the year would hurt that.

Regardless of positions played, Ward has done something amazing and distinctive at his position, Lambert hasn’t.
For that reason you have to go with Ward.

I gotta go with Ward on this. To set a pro record in your first year is practically unheard of and should leave no doubt as to who is rookie of the year.

Yeah, I think this one will be unanimous or close to it for Ward.

I’d be shocked if it wasn’t Ward. JWL might have given him a run if he hadn’t missed some games.

Only thought is that voters might give him the ST nod and then not vote him in for a second award.

Much like in this thread, it will be Lewis in a runaway

….What a cinderfella story for the little guy…should walk away with Rook of the year ,easily