Most Outstanding Rookie nominations

[url=http://www.cfl.ca/article/eligible-players-for-most-outstanding-rookie]http://www.cfl.ca/article/eligible-play ... ing-rookie[/url]

After seeing the list of candidates that was posted this morning, I was wondering what everyone's picks were for the award?

I've got:

BC: Adam Bighill
Calgary: Demetrice Morley
Edmonton: JC Sherritt
Saskatchewan: Craig Butler
Winnipeg: Clarence Denmark
Hamilton: Chris Williams
Toronto: Chad Kackert
Montreal: Jeff Hecht

Sherritt wins the West nom, Williams wins the East and the league award.

I'd agree with that.

Denmark’s catch vs TO should get Rookie Play of the Year. Is there a prize for that? :slight_smile:

Williams is currently injured and will likely miss some playing time, which will provide other novices an increased chance for the award.

Either way, in my completely biased and non-objective opinion, the award should go to Williams. :cowboy:

I've never heard of Williams (wasn't he the lead singer for the Zodiacs?) So I have to go with Sherritt. :cowboy:

Another thing, we all know that Winnipeg fans will flood every poll that anyone posts on this, so don't take any public opinion polls into account.

Besides it is totally unfare to nominate an entire country, this is an individual award. :cowboy:

Troll :lol:

Nope, just telling it like it is. :twisted: :cowboy:

Like the best QB/receiver poll, what a joke. They had a poll earlier that said which city had the best stadium and Winnipeg came second. Face it, the only city that rivals Winnipeg for stacking these polls is Regina and their sore because you got the Jets and they now have joined Hamilton and Toronto as the only cities without pro hockey. :wink:

PS, why don't they include a tongue in cheek smilie?

Haha, funny. But Hamilton does have a professional hockey team. They're called the Bulldogs. Yes, they are an AHL team, but that's still pro hockey.

Williams will win it. He is the best Ti-Cat receiver this season and has shown that he can play this game.

I stand corrected.

VoiceofReason wrote: I've never heard of Williams (wasn't he the lead singer for the Zodiacs?) So I have to go with Sherritt.
sure, you go ahead with Sherritt, and I'll go ahead with the winner. (Williams)

pretty simple. :stuck_out_tongue:

a tangled web defies all reason 8)

I think it's going to be Chris Williams versus JC Sheritt. If I had a vote, it'd go to Sheritt. I think he's very under-rated and has been the anchor of Edmonton's defense as well as a special teams demon. Either way, both very good candidates.

ya but Sherritt hasn't made much headway as far as being noticed. I haven't heard much about him lately.

don’t forget rhyme. 8)

Chris Williams is already over the 1000 yard receiving mark, someone will have to completely light it up for him not to win it all. Sherritt looks like the safe bet to get the West nod, although I still give Butler and outside chance to catch him if he gets a few more picks in the final couple games. He has 3 Ints, 1 sack and a forced fumble, he's way back in tackles.

The only player I've seen that could have given Williams a run for it is Kackert, but he fell off the radar halfway through the season when the Argos decided they didn't need a running game :? . Williams is by far the best on that list.

Kackert fumbles like it's going out of style. Don't just look up his fumbles lost either, tons he put on the ground that his own team recovered. He's not even close. Denmark is the clear and distant 2nd.

From the west, have to go with Sherritt. Nobody else stands out consistently. But I'd rank him 3rd behind Denmark.

Wasn't suggesting he is 2nd now. He had a decent start to the season but hasn't played regularly or got enough touches since mid August to be in the running anymore.