Most Outstanding Offensive Player

Does it make sense to have defensive players eligible for the MOP award? Or even to have that award anymore? Four defensive players are nominated for the MOP award and obviously, by default, are also their team's nomination for MODP. I think I would want to also introduce a MOOP award (goofy acronym, but it is what it is). There are already awards for defensive player and special teams player, so there should be one for offense too, since defensive players have really been shining. We can't just assume that offensive players will be the team's nominee.

Only 4 of 9 teams have a defensive player as their MOP and 3 of those teams are the 3 worst teams in the league. Maybe, rather than defensive players taking over from the offensive starts, the offense just is that bad on Hamilton, Montreal and BC.

West should come down to former room-mates Hop-a-Long Nichols & Mad-Hatter Reilly for MOP.

East might be Ray vs. a serve-up from Ottawa (Ellingson?)

Ray vs. Nichols or Reilly in the final....

May as well give it to Nichols - bomber fans love their consolation prizes!

The most dominant player on that side of the ball I've watched this year is James Wilder JR.
On defense, I'd give it to Gainey. 10 Interception is a phenomenal accomplishment.

Not sure MOOP is a good idea. Maybe Most Outstanding Offensive Recordbreaker, or MOOR?

https://qph.ec.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-e7e649c156a101542d7a8061c9d32dee

DONALD: OK, HISTORY. THIS IS FOR THE GAME. HOW YA DOIN' OVER THERE? NOT TOO GOOD! GEORGE: All right BB. Let's just play... Who invaded Spain in the 8th century? DONALD: THAT'S A JOKE. THE MOORS. GEORGE: Oh, Noooo, I'm so sorry. It's the MOOPS. The correct answer is, The MOOPS. DONALD: MOOPS? LET ME SEE THAT. THAT'S NOT MOOPS YOU JERK, IT'S MOORS. IT'S A MISPRINT. GEORGE: I'm sorry the card says MOOPS. DONALD: IT DOESN'T MATTER. I'S THE MOORS. THERE'S NO MOOPS. GEORGE: It's MOOPS. DONALD: MOORS. GEORGE: MOOPS, DONALD: MOORS!

GEORGE: Help, someone.
DONALD: THERE’S NO MOOPS. YOU IDIOT.
SUSAN: Stop it. Let go of him!
Mrs. SANGER: Donald, stop it! Now, let go of him Donald. Donald!
DONALD: I’M GOING TO KILL HIM.
Mrs. SANGER: Donald, … donald…
DONALD: MOORS. SAY MOORS!
Mrs. SANGER: Donald, No. … stop it …

<hissing sound and Donald’s hands leave George’s throat>

MOP will be Reilly with the strong finish from the Esks this season.

If I voted it would have to be Andrew Harris for MOP . Just an outstanding offensive performance on the ground and in the air . Should also get outstanding Canadian .

His determination on some of his runs was a touch of old fashioned football .

He was able to carry a number of defenders for an extra 5 - 10 yards when needed . He has been a joy to watch with His receiving ability and runs after catch which also been important in extending drives .664 yak yards is incredible .

With Nichols being the player nominated I can see why but I still see the character of Harris and his will to win to be even a greater factor . Nichols has been cool under pressure but Harris lights the match under his teammates .

Sorry to burst the bomber bubble but both Harris & Nichols were running out of steam and both appeared to be running on fumes last 2 or 3 games - even before both beset by injuries.
Harris has taken a beating and without a long-pass threat like Dee Adams, the bombers field a predictable offense with Harris being keyed on and unable to shed most initial tackles.
Nichols was also beaten up well before he suffered that nasty hand injury - then the mysterious calf/leg injury that's sidelined him for the rest of the regular season - and being questionable for the playoff.

Based only on the first 12 to 14 games of the year - both Nichols and Harris should share the MOP award, and Harris should hands-down be the Top Canuck award-winner.

I'm biased, I absolutely love Andrew Harris but Gainey with those INTs, a beast. And so many others to choose from, so many outstanding players in this league.

I think Wilder would be a front runner if he had an entire season under him. Not enough time as a starter this season.

Reilly has quietly had a good season but I think the mid season Eskimo let down hurts him. Ray's numbers aren't as good but if he beats BC to take 1st in the east that accomplishment, on a team in transition, might jump him ahead of others with better stats.

I think it probably should be broken down to be:

Offensive POY
Defensive POY
POY

Anyway...
I always look at it as MVP to the team

This year awards:

I think Ray wins MOP
and Singletary as Defensive POY and Canadian POY

I think teams should protect their RB by following BC of last year when they rotated their running backs game by game. They led the league in rushing and those two backs ran HARD every game.

Not sure the backs or their agents loved it but it sure saved their bodies. But it sure defined the BC team and their toughness in 2016.

The league has never hit so hard as now. Runningbacks just take too much punishment. Teams just wait for an injury to take place in this position then scramble it seems to me. No way Harris could do that for 18 games. Probably shortens their careers by 2-3 years.

My guess is that A. Harris finishes up his sterling career next season in Winnipeg. Going after the 1000/1000 yet to be done record, he gave it a great go - just didn't have the stamina, up-front blocking or playbook wizadry that would have enabled such an amazing record.
He's from Winnipeg, lots of family, has matured incredibly from a sour-faced punk and could probably name his ticket after finishing up next season in Wpg. where the Grey Cup is always 18 games away - so close yet so far.

Harris could probably run the offense in a good CIS program (like Manitoba) where the current head coach is about 5 yrs past his best before date. Give Harris an offense to run, let him train and program up 'n coming running backs- he'd be a great asset on and off the field. Could probably be a running backs coach in CFL, too - but that's about the lowest paid job on a CFL coaching squad. The only reason he'd play beyond 2018 - is no opportunity in football that matches the money he's currently making.

I think the most OUTSTANDING OFFENSIVE player is Josh Bell.

He STANDS OUT because of the stupid face paint.

Also , I find him very OFFENSIVE at times.

OK, who's the most OFFENSIVE OUTSTANDING player? :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Now, I am not sure the meaning of your reply.

You were aware, it was a joke on words right.

Funny or not, a joke is what is was meant for.

That's easy. Carter from Saskatchewan! Offensive and annoying! He fits right in!

it is nuts that Ray is probably going to be eastern MOP. It should be Trevor Harris. Nuts that they didn't even choose him for Ottawa. Harris stats, specially QUAR are better than Ray's

It will be a huge travesty if Ray wins league MOP.

fan poll has RR at 87% over Reilly. Guess most of them voting don't really have a clue what a true MOP is.

That's pretty surprising that fans are heavily leaning to Ray. On a per-game basis, their numbers are very similar, but what sets Reilly above are his rushing totals (390 yards, 12 rushing touchdowns vs Ray's 52 yards, 0 rushing touchdowns) and wins. Reilly has to win this.

Yeah, reilly wins this hands-down.