Most Outstanding Defensive Player

Who do you think will win? And who should win?

Here are the details from CFL.ca:

In his first season with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers, Adam Bighill continued his streak of seasons with 100+ tackles by recording a whopping 105 while adding four sacks, two interceptions and four forced fumbles (making him the league leader) to help the Blue Bombers clinch a playoff berth. Bighill becomes the first Blue Bomber to be nominated since Jovon Johnson did so in 2011. Bighill helped lead a defence that finished tied for first with a turnover ratio of +13, second in points allowed (23.3 ppg) and tied for the second-fewest yards allowed per play (6.0). He registered 127 defensive plays on the season.

Tiger-Cats linebacker Larry Dean cracked the 100-tackle plateau for the first time in his career and finished tied for third with fellow nominee Bighill with 105. Dean was the key piece in the best defence in the East Division. The team allowed the fewest number of yards (334.3 yards per game) and the least amount of rushing yards (110.6 yards per game) in the East. Dean finished the season with 113 defensive plays.

Dean was the guy I was highest on in free agency, but I think Bighill takes this on name recognition. The difference maker for me would be the number/rate of missed tackles Bighill has attributed to him where he is in the top 5. Both had great seasons though.

Should have been Micah Johnson. He plays tackles and was only 1 sack off the lead lead

plus he is a stampeder, so at least you are consistent

You cant deny, that many sacks from the tackle position is pretty impressive

Impressive...sure. MOP. Don't know if I would rank him above Bighill let alone someone like Jefferson...who had 2 pick 6s as a DE...in a year that the league leader in INTs had 5. I think Bighill is the right choice. Put it this way....put Bighill and Johnson on the bench...which D is most adversely effected? I would think Bombers by a fair margin.

I agree Winnipeg would be affected more by the loss of Bighill than Calgary would Johnson. However. it's Top Defensive Player, not most valuable defensive player

So you don't think that the player who has the biggest impact to their team is a massive part of that? Seems kinda odd to say that someone is less missed / more replaceable and would still be the MOP.

Whatever, both are would make good recipients.

Sure...I just don't think one of them would hold up to the East nominee.

I actually think Bighill is the West MOP.

I’d love to see Dean win, being a Ticat fan, but it’s pretty obvious this one is going to Bighill.