Most MOP QBs-one team

He was on three NFL rosters in two years but was never given a shot like Ricky Ray in New York ; just watched from the side lines .

Yeah, Ricky really blew it with all that playing time he had in the NFL. Here’s his stats.

Dickenson was actually with 4 NFL teams in the 2 years he was in NFL. Like Ray he never threw a pass in his time down there there. Never made it beyond 3rd QB on the rosters of San Diego, Miami, Seattle and Detroit. Interestingly Flutie was the QB in San Diego back then as was Drew Brees.

FYB..if you have made up your mind that DA was not a great CFL QB regardless of his stats and was the worst MOP QB regardless of his 2005 season then there is nothing much to add to our conversation I guess.

works for me :slight_smile:

I understand Ricky Ray not supplanting Chad Pennington he was pretty good but should have rated higher than Quincy Carter and Brooks Bollinger on the roster .

Their loss our gain .

How about the team with the two best quarterbacks at once?

Condredge Holloway and Tommy Clements, Ottawa. 1978.
Joe Barnes and Condredge Holloway, Toronto. 1983.
Tom Clements and John Hufnagel, Winnipeg. 1984.
John Hufnagel and Joe Barnes, Regina.

Dave Dickenson and Casey Printers, B.C. 2004.
Warren Moon and Tom Wilkinson, Edmonton. 1978-82.
Matt Dunigan and Damon Allen, Edmonton. 1987.

Jeff Garcia and Doug Flutie, Calgary. 1995.

Ricky Ray and Jason Maas, Edmonton. 2005.

I would rate them .

Wilkinson and Moon number 1
Flutie and Garcia number 2
R Jackson and R Lancaster number 3

Jackie Parker and Don Getty, hoo haw!

Pete: You seem to rank Barnes, Hufnagel, Printers and Maas way higher than I would in the pantheon of great CFL QBs.

In contrast, I would rank the following higher than some of the pairings on your list:

• Ham/Calvillo, 1998-99
  • Austin/McManus, 1994

TBD / future considerations:

• Ray/Collaros or Ray/Harris (2013-15) - depends on how the youngns’ careers play out
  • Burris/Harris (2016) - same

For 2-3 years, the Stamps had Garcia-Burris-Dickenson on their depth charts . . . after having just lost Doug Flutie.

That was a pretty good string of QBs.

But most QB who were Americans playing in CFL were deemed long shots in NFL. Only a few actually made a impact. Just the way it was and is