Most Disappointing Loss

In light of Saturday's wacky heart breaking ending, I was wondering what was some TiCats' fans most disappointing loss.

'89 Grey Cup?

Matt Dunigan.

'89 Grey Cup. Do I need to describe it? :wink:

Getting conned into acquiring Jason Maas.

Well losing any Grey Cup sucks. The '89 Cup was very disappointing. The '98 Grey Cup was equally as bad. In both games the Cats took the lead with a great offensive play and lost on a last second field goal. They were both bad.

You guys ever going to let it go????

Losing mentality.

Winners move on from their mistakes, losses and setbacks.

Any and all last minutes losses. The D needs to step up and stop them cold with a Q sack or a turnover.

All that energy that I had when I was young. :slight_smile:

The most reasonable post Ive ever read here

way to go Mark

Remember 1999? We put up the score so high the refs and Calgary had no way of beating us!Leagal or not! By the way we won 32-21.

Thank goodness we have no less a leading light than "als4ever" to come online and guide us to a better life, by virtue of his carefully-crafted and avuncular tidbits of correction and reinforcement, as he judges our thoughts and opinions. A noble service, indeed! By the way, Sport, do the first three letters of your handle signify a CFL team, or a disease?

Obviously the 89 and 98 grey cups were heartbreakers. For me, personally it was going to exhibition stadium in Toronto in 83( I believe) for the eastern final. We could have won the game but Gerald Bess gets robbed with a pass interference penalty and they end scoring on that drive to win the game. Then going back to Hamilton with all these screaming Blue team fans!!! celebrating.

A fatal debilitating disease like ALS shouldn't be joked about...I've lost two friends to it.

The Als stands for the Montreal Alouettes, the team that has kicked the Cats collective butts 9 out of the last ten times they played.

By the way....the purpose of this forum is to exchange thoughts and ideas about the Cats and football....you don't like my posts, don't read em.
Unless you are a season ticket holder, Ive probably seen more games at IWS than you anyway...I have a right to be here.

als4ever wrote,

The Als stands for the Montreal Alouettes, the team that has kicked the Cats collective butts 9 out of the last ten times they played.

So what!!! The Cats have won 15 Grey Cups. How many has your Als won, 5. So before you start getting all high and mighty about your team. You should consider that!!

You do have a right to be here, but if your going to put the Cats down, you should expect a backlash of responses. By the way, it won`t be long, maybe even this season when the Cats will be kicking the Als butts!!

the grey cups of course. That being said I remember being at an edmonton-hamilton game years and years ago when the cats where bad and edmonton was great, in the dynasty years I think. The cats were protecting a one or two point lead in the final minute and deep in our own end when the qb got called for intentional grounding, in the end zone. That call automatically rules a safety and we lost...or tied? but the fans went nuts and that ref was lucky to get out of the place alive.

the grey cups of course. That being said I remember being at an edmonton-hamilton game years and years ago when the cats where bad and edmonton was great, in the dynasty years I think. The cats were protecting a one or two point lead in the final minute and deep in our own end when the qb got called for intentional grounding, in the end zone. That call automatically rules a safety and we lost...or tied? but the fans went nuts and that ref was lucky to get out of the place alive.
I remember that game Beetlejuice,

I was at that game. I believe it was in the 80`s and the Cats were playing a real good game, up until the final 2 minutes when we kind of self destructed. I think there was about 14000 fans ( only) but it sounded like 25000.

'61 Grey Cup loss to Winnipeg in first OT Grey Cup.
Even 'Peg's QB Kenny Ploen thought one of Sudsy's missed FG was actually good which would have given us the win.
'62 Grey Cup loss to Winnipeg in Fog Bowl, despite Henley's 2 TDs, one of which set a record for longest rush from scrimmage (stood for about 20-30 years) and was a textbook on broken field running.

And, of course, the '89 Grey Cup when whoever had the ball last was going to win. Unfortunately it was Sask.

Merlin, you're bang-on with the Fog Bowl. It was my first Grey Cup! My Dad went to the Saturday session, and I got to go to the Sunday part. Terrible, empty feeling on the drive home. Very disappointing.

November 15, 1981 -- Eastern final: Ottawa Rough Riders 17, Cats 13. Skip Walker running over the Tabbies, the Pat Stoqua Experience...running for the 102-yard game-winning TD reception as fast as it takes for a ticats.ca touchback thread to end. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I was there. Camp Kush, The Beasts Of The East...Clements to Crawford...the best Tiger-Cat team to not win a Grey Cup IMHO.

http://www.geocities.com/cfl_historical/Hamilton/Crawford.Rufus1.JPG

Oski Wee Wee,