Mosquito Excitement at Pies GT, Mon Oct 13, 4:30 pm et

Monday, October 13, 2014
4:30 PM ET
Winnipeg at Edmonton
TSN

I expect the Esks to be out for blood on Monday after losing a very winnable game against Toronto last week. As for Winnipeg, the loss against Ottawa was a confirmation that they are in free fall. I think Drew Willy is going to be on his back a lot in this one unless the Bombers establish the run early. Edmonton in a brisk Albertan fall walk.

Oski Wee Wee,

Russ

Hi folks!

Due to various chores and errands, I was unable to watch today's 41-9 rout by Edmonton over Winnipeg. You can catch the TSN.ca game summary at http://www.tsn.ca/eskimos-clinch-playof ... s-1.106148 . Edmonton is in the playoffs, while the Bombers are in free fall.

Oski Wee Wee,

Russ

I watched the game on-and-off, and a few things caught my attention:

1. It was great having Warren Moon in the broadcast booth. I watched his episode of "A Football Life" (Doug Flutie's is on this Fri). He is an extremely humble and gracious man. He mentioned that Russel Wilson would have been playing up here 10 years ago, and that the NFL is just starting to catch up to the plays HE was making back in his Grey Cup days.

2. Chris Jones challenged an uncalled PI (when they were up a gazillion to nothin). On the replay, the DB CLEARLY hit the receiver and pinned his arm before the ball reached him. The result: "No enough evidence to overturn the call." I'm pretty sure it was a WTF moment in the booth because the announcers were silent for a few seconds. This leads me to believe that the replay officials are simply covering the on-field referees' a$$es. No integrity whatsoever.

Agreed,

it was VERY clear there was PI there... insane call!!