Morris: Bombers' GC comeback victory never in doubt

The Winnipeg Blue Bombers looked lost in the deep, dark woods but Adam Bighill was confident they would find their way back to sunlight.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2021/12/13/morris-bombers-gc-comeback-victory-never-doubt/

The game is 60 minutes long...full of ebbs and flows. And the Bombers have been doing this all year long. So, I'm not a big fan of the 'comeback' label. Even though Hamilton were ahead, it's not like they were ever out of reach. We saw all season long this sort of game played by the Bombers...simple, disciplined, controlled. All hands on deck mentality. We're a 3-phase team...with our defense being the best offense. And that alone right there...is the classic Winnipeg Blue Bomber winning football recipe for success! GO BOMBERS!

1 Like

…call me a sentimentalist but I thought OT meant the game was damn close

2 Likes

Good to be lucky and Lucky to be good, best describes the 2021 Grey Cup rematch between the Cats and the Bombers from Ivor Wynn Stadium. A game saving pass knock down from Deatrick Nichols prevented receiver Jaelon Acklin from the winning major with a few tics left in regulation time :bangbang:

P.S. The Hamilton Tiger Cats blew a 22-10 lead with 10 minutes left in the final frame :question:

1 Like

Nichols play was beyond a doubt pivotal. He can wear his GC ring with pride knowing it wouldn't be on his finger without his play.

1 Like

If this comeback was never in doubt why was I doubting it?

1 Like

Thanks for sharing Well Said-We will talk again next year-God Willing :innocent:

1 Like

Same to you Aceguy. It's been fun yakking with ya'll.

1 Like

Its just another great day being a Blue Bomber fan but my heart goes out to the Tiger Cats and their fans. Game could have gone either way and that is why sports is so much fun to watch.....you just never know. Can't wait for next year, dare I say three peat :slight_smile:

I was rooting for Winnipeg as well, but it was sad to see all those dreams shattered for the home crowd. A gray lining to a silver cloud.

This game proved what few believed that the Tiger-Cats are a true championship team! With a very little tweaking, like the cute witch on the show Bewitched, the Grey Cup would be hoisted by the powerful Tiger-Cats. :face_with_monocle: Yes indeed.

What century are we talking ?

Our last 11 trips to the Cup in close to 50 years since 1972 we have won the damn thing a grand total of twice and have now gotten nine participation ribbons for our efforts in that time . You see the thing of it is this , the Cats like to go to the Grey Cup but for some reason they don't seem to like to win the Cup once they're there .

2 Likes

I'd be lying if I agreed with Morris about having 'no doubt'. Bombers GC comeback victory was very much in doubt for me. That's what made it so nerve wracking... and fun to watch. :grin:

1 Like

Yeah there was doubt. In fact they were a db 's fingertip away from losing on that last Hamilton drive of regulation.

2 Likes

What a ridiculous article.. never in doubt hey.. Hamilton was 1 throw away from the win....

1 Like

And it was a guy named 'Nichols' who saved our season. That's happened more than once in the last five or six years (cue the Twilight Zone music). :grin:

never in doubt. So like they paid the refs?

The refs didn't play a role in the game, which is how you want it. There were plenty of blatant holding calls they didn't call on the Cats.
As for the article, yes saying that sounds stupid.....but in the hearts of the players it was never in doubt. That was the goal from day 1.

1 Like