Moreno Robbed!!!

Jonathan Brown is good.

Zeke Moreno was phenomenal.

He was robbed.

Alas, where is the game this year???

Exactly.

What a crock.

Would Brown have been as good playing on a weak Hamilton team? Would Moreno have looked EVEN better playing for a much better Toronto team?

I think we all know the answers.

Moreno got robbed.

While I'm on the subject, Doug Brown is top Canadian in the east? Over Lumsden? Pleeeeeease!

While I'm on the subject, Doug Brown is top Canadian in the east? Over Lumsden? Pleeeeeease!
I would've picked McKay-Loescher over Lumsden.

Sorry But Have I Agree with the Pick of Brown over Moreno.
Yes Zeke had a Great this year.
But our Record is why He was Jobbed.
we have Two Wins
Toronto is in the Playoffs.
also alot of Media is Pro Toronto.
Anti Hamilton.

Forget Setta Getting Rookie too.
The Media Will Take Cameron Wake Cause His Team is in Playoffs
They Should Win the Grey cup back to back.

Had Lumsden played the entire season he’d be the top Canadian hands down but as it is he played what, 10 games. Not nearly enough and Brown has had an excellent year.

I just hope Zeke is with us long enough that he can be on a team strong enough to help him win awards.

We also have the worst defence in the league and only 2 wins, there is nothing unfair about this. It would be ridiculous to have a defensive player of the year runner up from the leagues worst D. And I think it’s brutal that a kicker is runner up for rookie of the year.

Moreno robbed.....c'mon. Yes he had a GREAT season but stood out as he was on a horrible defence where no one could play ball. He lead the league in tackles because our line could not stop the run nor pressure the qb leaving him many opportunities to be in a play. If he was on another squad with players with similar abilities he becomes just a solid starting linebacker (Eiben, Oshea) not a star. Is he someone to build the team aroun, YES. Was he the best player on the Cats this year, YES. Oustanding defensive player in the East ... not quite - JB played much better.

I agree with tydoggz. Moreno played well, even very well in some games. But, he also played in 18 all games for the worst D in the league. He may eventually win league honors but not this year.

An Argo-Cat fan

That’s why the award is for best defensive player and NOT best defense. Biggest joke I’ve seen in a long time. To punish him and deny his accomplishments because he played on the team with the worst record is ridiculous. Unfortunately I’m not surprised by it at all. In his first year in the league he led the league in tackles. I’m livid. Huge rip-off.

Zeke is the best defensive player and I don’t really care what the “football reporters of Canada” think.

I don't think he was robbed, I just think he was up against some stiff competition. All the Eastern defensive players had excellent seasons so I knew it would be hard for Moreno to get the nod.

Having said that, I love Moreno and the way he plays and let's sign him up long term. We haven't had a great middle linebacker since Calvin Tiggle, but we've got one now!

Wouldn't Moreno qualify for rookie of the year?

Good post BG , Moreno is the best defensive player in the East this season bar none !!!

Why is it that when someone says something positive about one of our players somebody on here knows better and the Tiger Cat player is knocked down a peg or two ??

Moreno had the most tackles EVER by a Ticat . Did Brown acommplish anything like that this season ?? Nope !!! He plays on a team loaded with veterans with the best defensive coach in the CFL . Is that Browns fault ?? NO , but he didnt have to worry about rookie DBS and a lack of a pass rush .

Moreno came to play every game and didnt take a game off . He`s a gamer and the voters should be ashamed of themselves !!!!

Robbed no he played on the worst defence in the league and the reason for so many tackles look how long and how often he was on the field. itd be injustice to someone else if the worst defence had a player who won the award

No Cause years in the NFL

I would rather see Tom Canada get it before Brown. Maybe i'm bias because Brown plays for the blue team but I was more impressed with Canada.

Zeke was robbed.. plain and simple.

Why is it that when someone says something positive about one of our players somebody on here knows better and the Tiger Cat player is knocked down a peg or two ??

Moreno had the most tackles EVER by a Ticat . Did Brown acommplish anything like that this season ?? Nope !!! He plays on a team loaded with veterans with the best defensive coach in the CFL . Is that Browns fault ?? NO , but he didnt have to worry about rookie DBS and a lack of a pass rush .

Moreno came to play every game and didnt take a game off . He`s a gamer and the voters should be ashamed of themselves !!!!
[/quote]
I do not think anyone here is on just for the sake of bashing and in fact no one really bashed Moreno. I choose not to look through "rose coloured glasses" when I talk the Cats. They are my team and I cheer game in game out. BUT Moreno deserved to be considered and maybe should ne Eastern nominee but was not "robbed" in the process. It was a strong field this year and yes Moreno led the league in tackles and played very game BUT.....just because you make the most tackles does that make you the BEST player or does it make you a very good player on a very bad team?????? That is my point and question as I am sure it was the voters.....

At least he's been recognized as an all-star. Beating out Barrin Simpson is quite a compliment.

An Argo-Cat fan

When defensive stand-outs are recognized for the most of things, such as picks, sacks, and the like, it's interesting how tackles are so easily overlooked. Zeke will prove them wrong next year.

Simpson wasn’t beaten out. He’s also on the all-star team. I don’t understand how they can pick two MLB’s, but they did.