MORE great news for the CFL!!!

Look guys, I did play baseball as a youngster and teen and loved the game but COME ON. A great play in baseball, you're catching with a huge glove and it's not full contact like football, give me a break, gridiron catches extraordinaire beats the living crap out of most any baseball catches. No one is trying to take your head off in gridiron (or soccer of course). CFL beat MLB 99 percent of the time, it's not even close. They show highlight reels of great baseball catches and I pee my pants, they don't come close to most ordinary football catches. It's a bit of joke highlight baseball plays IMHO. I just don't do baseball as a spectator well, and that's coming from a guy who played it in the summers all the time as a kid. Lame.

I don't quite follow, Earl...did I miss a memo somewhere? :?

as one who made super great catches in both baseball and football, I beg to differ. Both are equally exciting. Its just the rest of the game that makes baseball so boring to watch, mostly. I did find myself enjoying a few games when Bo J. was playing though.

3 amazing games in a row. I guess that 63% of games decided in the last 3 minutes is going to go up since the article was written on Wednesday , July , 25th :wink: :thup:

And I've lost two games in the pool by two points or less :x

I am 3 for 3 going for 4 for 4

GO B.C. GO!!! :wink: :smiley:

I'd be cussing up a storm, too.

TOUCHDOWN :thup: 4 for 4

I’m okay with cflsteve’s Ham-Tor idea that you jumped on. But I have a bit of a problem with the bolded part. Maybe the 4 for 80 is not all that great but to suggest the package you suggest(4-4-4 for 40), that is a serious loss leader. Maybe that’s what it takes to “invest” in a long-term fan, but that is a money loser on its face.

Great bunch of games for the weekend. Very similar to the older CFL where it seemed every second game went right down to the wire and there were too many great storylines to follow

You can’t make any money on an empty seat.

All of those great %s should go UP after a great week 5 in attendance and T.V. ratings. :thup:

You can watch a replay of the HAMILTON @ SASK. , game on TSN 2 [tonight] at 9 PM est / 6 PM pt , Tuesday , July , 31st , 2012. :rockin:

i read on Facebook, that the argos@als game drew the highest ratings of the season. not sure of the actual number, but i wonder if people watching the olympic ceromonies stuck around for the football game?

Thank you drummer god , for that info. :thup:

It may have helped that the opening ceremonies were live on TSN at 4 PM est and the game was on right after on the same channel at 7:30 PM.

would people stick around for 3 hours tho to watch the game just cuz tho? i dunno. toronto/montreal probably drew the most for several reasons.

trestman vs his former pupil

2 best qb's for the last several years in ray vs calvillo.

didnt watch it really but that game had a few interesting storylines in it.

My wife and I watch the ceremonies live at 4 PM and then the ARGO / MONTREAL game. It is all good.

CFL games or MLB games? Hmmm, tough one to figure out what I'll watch first. :lol: :lol:

Obviously , almost 1 million people agree with you. :wink:

Just as long as people are watching.

A good family ticket promotion could be the thing that puts them into solid attendance. I have said this before. They need to make the family package more affordable and promote it giving them their own section. Complete with activities and cheerleaders entering the section during the game. The Current plan is 4 tickets for 80 dollars That is not a deal at all. They need to make it family friendly and affordable
4 tickets
4 hot dogs
4 beverages
40 dollars
would be a great summer family outing

You can't make any money on an empty seat.
[/quote]