More class needed

Some pretty sick comments on these boards of late.
Lets grow up people. I need not name who said what, but we've all read the posts. Lets try to act like mature human beings.
Barring that, I think the mods need to start banning some posters.

couldn’t agree more - nough said

Your talking about that bradamy he she guy right.

more like a tasteless poster from the Eric Tillman thread. there's fun, and then there's stuff that should get you banned

:) :P :lol:

Because some of you Rider fans have a problem with threads being posted by Tillman, does not mean someone should get banned. Everyone has there own opinion on Tillman. What some of you’s forget is that Tillman was an announcer for TSN and also had an article on line. During that time he had much to say about players and coaches. People have long memories. Some recent issues he got involved in poured gas on the fire. Nobody wishes E.T ill health. I am sure all wish him well for a speedy recovery. Some do not agree with your posts. take it as humor, sarcasm, trash talk, good old ribbing, or general info. But to ban fans who do not agree with Rider fans is nonsence.

Bad taste is not a crime

It has nothing to do with agreeing or disagreeing. With rider fans or anyone else.
It has to do with following the rules of the forum.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you missed the posts where a remark was made in bad taste about Tillman being hospitalized......It had nothing to do with what Tillman has said or done in the past

but no one says people who post the most tasteless and henious statements should be allowed on here. posting on here is a privlege, not a right.
that he called it a joke is the worst of all
it’s not funny. joking about something like that is never funny. we all know who we’re talking about, and if I was a mod, he would be banned

Yah, otherwise Pilsner would be illegal. So there!

bad taste is a matter of personal opinion, so it's pretty hard to "rule" on it. Personally, I found the Taser death "joke" much worse, considering that a man's recently died and hadn't even been buried yet.

So we have to have consistency here and we can't base what's "right" or "wrong" on who's delivering it or what team they pull for. And, right now, that isn't always the case.

I think we all need to calm down and have fun with this...it's not a war, it's football.

and, ftr, I didn't find that ET comment too offensive (again, JMO). If he'd said "I hope he dies" or "good, hope it kills him", then - absolutely. But, when some fans find things offensive, they're "whining", yet others expect a full investigation done when they do. It's unfair to only focus on some, when a lot of mud is being tossed around.

He commented in a comedic way that fit in with the tune of recent posts in my view. There have been a lot of things said here so, unless we're willing to scrutinize all of them, we have to just roll with the punches.

Would I have said that?....no. Did I chuckle to myself upon reading it? (honest answer)?...yes.

One thing we all have to remember here - we all have differing opinions. And none of them reign supreme. So we have to find a common ground that makes everyone happy, not just some. Agreed?

I find that interesting. You were appalled by the taser joke, but you chuckled at the E.T. joke. Whatever...

Likely a regional thing, Chief, and very understandable...I chuckled at the taser thing, but found the Tillman "joke" unacceptable...

I didnt find either joke to be funny, just classless.

Well sorry to burst your dum hicks bubble but if you think a guy getting tasered to death by the countries crooked police forces is funny, thats sad.

I never saw the eric tillman joke, but i know he had some great years here in BC and i hope he gets better.

and, ftr, I didn't find that ET comment too offensive (again, JMO). If he'd said "I hope he dies" or "good, hope it kills him", then - absolutely. But, when some fans find things offensive, they're "whining", yet others expect a full investigation done when they do. It's unfair to only focus on some, when a lot of mud is being tossed around.

He commented in a comedic way that fit in with the tune of recent posts in my view. There have been a lot of things said here so, unless we’re willing to scrutinize all of them, we have to just roll with the punches.

Would I have said that?..no. Did I chuckle to myself upon reading it? (honest answer)?..yes.

One thing we all have to remember here - we all have differing opinions. And none of them reign supreme. So we have to find a common ground that makes everyone happy, not just some. Agreed?

I dunno - a few years back when Wally had health problems I as a Rider fan can honestly say I didn’t find it funny at all. Maybe it’s just me but when I read threads that start out with a funny title I expect smack or fun, but when I see a thread about someone being ill my human side kicks in and I feel empathy not humor. It’s your right to feel those kind of topics have humor in them I guess. It’s not a standard that most adults share but what ever floats your boat I suppose.

However since we do not have an Ingore function so we can pass over posts from readers that offend us it would be considered in good taste to leave dark humor out of posts like that - that would be a majority consciouses in any group.

Maybe we should all become communists. That taserring thing is real sad. fuckn tough guy cops 4 guys and they act like glorified bouncers thats all they are walking around with bullet proof vests cause we know that hundereds of times a day people open fire on them. That poor scared guy I feel so bad for him and his mother.

Those fucking assholes couldnt solve a murder mystery game.

Seriously, did you only come online to insult people? I don’t think the “dum hick” was necessary. Not to mention you spelled dumb wrong. :?

You should try to remember that the next time you have this urge to accuse someone of “Hating the Lions”