More blue team players whining...

[url=http://www.torontosun.com/Sports/Football/2006/06/07/1618415-sun.html]http://www.torontosun.com/Sports/Footba ... 5-sun.html[/url]

Typical.

I suppose the quote from Levingston that can be thought of as whining would be this one:

"I've been dominating since I've been in this league,'' he said. "What do I have to prove? I've proven what I could do. Whether they (Ar**s) feel that way, I don't know."

And I understand that Keith Stokes is not known for his humility either. Some might think that there may not be enough room in town for those two egos.

And refer to the thread about Corey Holmes and compare what kinds of things he says to this. You can click here to check out that thread on Holmes. Doesn't it make you glad that we brought in Holmes rather than Levingston to return kicks?

Indeed, it does.

Quote from Pinball....Argos coach Michael Clemons just shrugs his shoulders at the continuing backlash from around the league.

"One thing we're not very good at, as a league, is playing together as a team," he said yesterday. "We don't seem to understand that, first, we are one team."

Argos do understand that we are all one Team and they have proven that as one team ....your players are just future Argos and they'll buy them ,then keep two of each ..,Like Levingston AND Stokes,while other franchises from the same "team" have no good returners or are lacking in this area....Team games? :slight_smile:

[quote="Beamreach"]Quote from Pinball....Argos coach Michael Clemons just shrugs his shoulders at the continuing backlash from around the league.

"One thing we're not very good at, as a league, is playing together as a team," he said yesterday. "We don't seem to understand that, first, we are one team."

The Cats, and especially the Caretaker, don't need any lectures from Pinball on what it means to be a CFL "team player." I'm still a Pinball fan, but comments like this don't help.

I really hope all this settles down after season starts.

To me, it's much ado about nothing.

Argos seems to be getting under Cats' skins and those of their fans. Nothing like "stoking" the rivalry even more

rider head coach said he thinks theres a change holmes will re-sign with the riders after this season.

Worst thing that happened was the Argos winning the cup 2 years ago. PINBALL's head has been blown up so huge since then, i feel like puking when he talks on television. Cant stand just about every cocky player on that team, including LEVINGSTON, STEINAUER, A.SMITH b4 he retired, O'SHEA, FLETCHER, AVERY, SOWARD, and last but not least, Robert BAKER. All of them = IDIOTS. The effect of these guys is slowly starting to rub off on PINBALL. Only guy who keeps that team in check is Damon ALLEN. When Damon ALLEN retires, we will have our way with T.O for years. MARSHALL is 10 times the coach Pinball is... this year..since our team decided to spend some money...Marshall will prove that point.

A: What does that have to do with this thread?

B: Not gonna happen. Cats gave up too much to get him. If Corry Holmes leaves Hamilton (HUGE if…I’m only playing devils advocate, I for one think he’ll be in Hamilton for a while), we’ll get as much as we gave in return so no biggie.

C: When you try to rock the boat like this it helps to have a source.

Why is there always one person that has to rain on the parade? We’ve got Corey Holmes dude!!! Get a ticket, grab a drink and enjoy the show. Worry about next season NEXT SEASON. Honestly…we haven’t even played a regualr season game yet.

MARSHALL is 10 times the coach Pinball is... this year..since our team decided to spend some money...Marshall will prove that point.
:roll:

I dunno about that.

Your opinion plus a buck and a quarter will get you a coffee at Tim Horton’s. So who’s the idiot here. :x

well, bobyoungfan started talkin about corey, so i added what i heard while listening to the esks/sask pre-season game online /radio…sask coach was asked about corey and he said theres a good chance holmes would return to sask after the season as a free agent.

so maybe u should take a pill and calm down…u need a time out. i suggest u sit in the corner.

Perhaps Stokes vs. Levingston will be the undercard of a Baker vs. Prefontaine rematch. 8)

He's a cocky guy, but he has delivered (given all of himself... including his helmet :stuck_out_tongue: ). He must know though that Stokes' versatility could easily make him redundant.

Glad we no longer have reason to look at this guy as a potential Ticat all the same.

d_g, BYF was putting something into context - notably the difference in humility and sportsmanship between those 3 players. There are pleanty of other threads you could have made that post in like, I don’t know, the “Corey Holmes” thread (or start one on your own).

Which depends on what Katz has in mind. I believe he’s been quoted as saying a strong effort would be made to keep Holmes here before he becomes a free agent.

Corey would easily be sought after the most out of just about any free agent player, so he’s in the drivers’ seat.

hey..i just thought id share the news with u guys..im not sayin hes gonna leave, just stating what sask coach said...i dont know why people get so upset about it, or which thread it was posted.

In that Sun article about Levingston, I’m thinking maybe the reporter has never heard of Corey Holmes.

When it comes to special teams, they don't come any more special in the CFL than Levingston and Stokes.
Except maybe Holmes.
Levingston emerged as the CFL's premier returner in 2003 when he was voted the league's top special-teams player.

Stokes earned the same league honour in 2004 when he set a Winnipeg Blue Bombers record by returning for punts for touchdowns.

And who won it in 2005?

With players such as Arland Bruce III and Tony Miles capable of returning punts or kickoffs, there were whispers the Argos were shopping Levingston when Stokes was acquired on Feb. 20.

One of the interested teams, it has been speculated, was Hamilton, but it’s doubtful the Argos would assist their long-time rivals and division foes.

Oh that’s all right, we don’t need any “assistance”, I think we’ll stick with the guy we’ve got.