MOP Favorite?

What's his name in Calgary is running away we ith the receiving title.. If Mitchel stays healthy,I think he will get it.

Yup I gotta agree with ya Bungle old "Whats his name" from Calgary will represent the West most likely against that player from the East,can't remember what team he plays on at the moment you know that guy named "Thing-a-ma-jigger". I'm pretty sure he's leading the league in something this year as well. :lol: Personally Bungle I think you should win the award this year :wink:

Most
Outstanding
Poster

Right now you would have to say Burris, but it's early and I would give him 3 more games to see if he keeps winning. A receiver or RB can be replaced but it's much harder to replace a QB. He's racking up the passing yards again and he could get 5,000 yards.

bobo I don’t mean to correct you but I’m pretty sure you mean thing-a-ma-bob. thing-a-ma-jigger was traded last year and plays out west for the whatcha-ma-call-its now

You guys shouldn’t rag on poor Bungle. Imagine the pressure of knowing you have to start a new thread every single day - whether you have a good idea for a thread or not - but lacking the drive or resourcefulness to look up the very easily available information that would allow you to make those threads useful. It’s quite a quandary. I don’t envy him.

Agreed. Burris actually had a pretty rough first month or so. Even in the couple of wins his numbers were not great.

I didn’t look at Rodgers to see if he had a few bad games here and there, but if he’s been fairly consistent throughout the season then I would totally understand if he got it over Burris.

If the award was most valuable player, I’d give it to Burris. Calgary can survive without Rodgers. Ottawa circles the drain awful fast without Burris. DeMarco’s QB ratings is a “I didn’t even know that possible” kind of brutal right now at MINUS 70 . :lol:

At this point its between Burris and BLM.

NOPE !!!! At this point its between "Thing-a-ma-bob" and "Whats his Name" but don't count out old "Thing-a-ma-jigger". :smiley:

Well its not Crompton :lol:

Ricky Ray will come back to play in the last 3 games of the season and will win the East nominee MOP in a landslide :roll:

At the time of his injury, Zach Collaros was the favourite to win the award. Unless someone lights up the stats sheets in the next six weeks, I don't see why that should change. I always thought you had to play nearly every game to win that award, but when Ricky Ray missed half the year a couple of seasons ago, they were quite clear that missing games does not hinder a player's chances of winning the award. So...

Rookie of the Year, though, has to go to Who's-it from Edmonton, #87.

Hate to agree but Burris has rebounded quite well from the first part of the season where he'd been benched a couple times for his ineffectiveness. If he can continue the rest of the year playing like he has the last month he should get consideration for the MOP, no question. Obviously if he reverts to his earlier season form at any point then he would fall out of consideration. Rodgers from the West if he surpasses 1500 yards, which seems likely, and BLM are probably the top considerations. Andrew Harris is a dark horse IMO, could have a big finish IF Tedford does a better job of getting him involved more consistently.

A lot has happened since this was last visited. I think Mike Reilly has now entered the mix and in my slightly biased opinion should now be favoured to at the very least get the nod out of the west. Eight straight wins since his return. Likely will come down to Reilly or Burris and I would take Reilly at this point, it could come down to Henry's performance this week.

You don't say.

First of all, the Ricky Ray Exemption is not open to other players, who generally need to play something close to a full season to be considered for MOP.

Secondly, if the RRE did apply, please go ahead and make your case that Reilly's partial season was more outstanding than Collaros' partial season.

Thirdly, Reilly probably won't even get the nod for his team, never mind the West.

I don’t think that there has been an MOP-caliber player this season.
Players have had stretches of good play but not sustained.
Basically, put some names in a hat and take your pick.

I guess I do say.

First, I didn't know there was a Ricky Ray exemption, couldn't find it in the rule book. Thought the MOP was for the Most Outstanding Player, regardless of number of games.

Secondly, I said that Reilly should get the nod in the West, last time I checked Collaros played in the east. If Collaros gets by Burris, we can compare part seasons. Eight straight wins is enough for me.

Third, we'll see, I will guarantee that if you ask any Eskimo player who their choice is for MOP, they will all say Reilly, except for Reilly, he would pick Bauman.

I don't see why Collaros can't get it. He was the best, far and away, when he went down and no one has stepped up and taken top spot. Reilly's Eskimos won 8 in a row but he hasn't been MOP calibre in all 8 wins. Burris had had a great year but I would give Burris the MVP hands down but MOP I would have a harder time with.

Collaros was good enough when he was playing and no one has played better so I think it should still go to him. However, I think they'll give it to Burris.

Statistics don't take into account leadership etc. and it is the intangibles that I think Mike Reilly wins hands down. If the 8 in a row is not enough, consider that in the 11 games, Reilly started this year (including pre-season) the Eskimo's were 10-1 and the one loss was the game Reilly was injured. Without Reilly the Eskimos were 6-3.

Understanding that MOP is not MVP, it is hard to argue that 11-1 and eight straight is not outstanding!

That being said, nobody has put forth an argument that Reilly should not be the West Division MOP. Again, just as a reminder, neither Collaros or Burris plays in the west.

But the title of the thread is MOP favourite? I take that to mean the whole league and that's how I have been directing my posts.

Ok, I’ll buy that. I didn’t think it warranted starting a new thread and the last post on this one prior to my comment was Sept. 25, so a lot has changed in that time.

My original post today was: “A lot has happened since this was last visited. I think Mike Reilly has now entered the mix and in my slightly biased opinion should now be favoured to at the very least get the nod out of the west. Eight straight wins since his return. Likely will come down to Reilly or Burris and I would take Reilly at this point, it could come down to Henry’s performance the final game.”

Still think Burris gets the nod from the East but at this time, at least till the team nominees come out, Collaros should be compared with Burris, not Reilly.

Who do you think the West nominee for MOP will be?