MOP candidates

Calvillo's wife surviving cancer has already wrapped up the MOP for the Als pivot.

I don’t think that Cates should be considered. Wake should win outright, AC should be runner up the guy is the best QB in the league (Burris is a wiener, and thus excluded from consideration of best QB).

I do have to about Cates is that the Riders didn’t lean on them as much as you would expect. He only leads the league in Carries by one (177) over Reynolds (176) and his avg yards per carry are 6.0 in the top 3 the highest is 6.8 (Coburn, Cates is 2nd, Lumsden is 7.0 but he is like the china shop to every teams bulls, so he doesn’t count for fragility). Cates has 35 grabs, Stefan Logan has 37 grabs, and Coburn w/ 51 (Cates is 2nd in the league in RB recieving w/ 413yrds, Coburn is first w/ 495). So yes they have depended on him but he has put up superior numbers that people who are receiving simmilar touches on the ball. So the going on about how much he is seeing the ball is silly, he is a quality player that I would place in the top 2 or 3 RB in the league. If I had to grade them I think it would go 1. Coburn (the guy is just silly fast and can cut on a dime) 2. Kenton Keith (yeah he just came back but if he returns to form he could be #1) 3. Cates (he isn’t that flashy he just goes out and gets the job done)

Kerry Joseph!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, I would think that Wake is a top contender, if not the front-runner as of right now. Calvillo is a close second and Smilin' Hank is right up there as well. I don't think will garner much consideration, IMO. Remember were talking most oustanding, not most valuable.

Simon is having an ok year really. not the best year he's seen.

Cates is extremely good and a good choice for MOP.

for Edmonton, Ray is the only option.

Calgary, is Burris at this point

My second last line should read- I don’t think Cates will garner much consideration… :expressionless:

Terrible post!

Simon is over 100 yards per game, next closest is 20 per behind. The only reason Rambo is even close to Simon is because he has played 2 more games. While I dont think Simon will get more than a bit of consideration, but he certainly IS doing better than ALL the other receivers out there. And for the record is THAN the other receivers not THEN, why do so many people screw that up?

Average defense? are you kidding. They are right near the top and arguments can be made for them being the best. Explain that obviously ignorant comment!

Would be sad if they give him the MOP because of that.

Simon is at 100 yards per game, on pace to be very close yards per game to his best year. How is 100 yards per game merely ok? you guys astound me sometimes. wow.

If Wake doesnt win if things keep going as they are they need to rename the award most outstanding offensive player and not sell it as the premier award in the league if a good chunk of the players are basically ineligible otherwise its just a sham.

It is really a 2 horse race between calvillo and wake at this point and a very strong case can be made for both of them. Wake is obviously having one of the best years ever from a defensive lineman and calvillo is having one of the best years at the QB position. While there is an offensive bias on the MOP award there is an even stronger western bias with awards voting so Im gonna say Wake takes it even though I think Calvillo should

…so, let me get this straight, if YOUR player wins the award then it’s legit, but if a player from SOMEONE ELSE’S team wins then the award is bogus…wow, that’s pretty reasonable I guess…tell me, does that apply to the Grey Cup too?..I mean, it’s an award as well…

2 things guy

1. I say it would be not legit because I firmly believe that Wake has been far and away the best player in this league. Now you can disagree, but I think many would agree with me and even non lions fans.

2. As far as intimating that my comments are based on bias and that my Lions should always win I recommend you do a lil homework before calling me out guy. Check thru old posts if you want but last year I said on numerous occasions that there werent any Lions that I felt had a reasonable shot at MOP. So no, I dont say this outta bias as you are hinting at so stow it.

3. The reason I say the award, as it is represented, wouldnt be legit in my eyes (if Wake didnt win) is that it doesnt consider anyone but those in a few offensive positions. So saying MOP is crap, MOOP would be the term they should use. MANY consider Wake the best player in the game today and any reasonable person would equate that to most outstanding. If the voters dont, it is the most outstanding offensive player. I stand by my comments, if you think there is bias on this point thats your problem.

4. I dont appreciate the bit of spin you put on it. Address my comments as they were intended or bugger off.

I think Calvillo and Wake are the top candidates right now. Wake has been outstanding but so has Calvillo. Right now Calvillo is the most outstanding offensive player and Wake is the most outstanding defensive player. I really think it would be fair for either one to win the MOP award.

There's 2 awards, 1 is DPOY and one is MOP. If an offensive player can't win the defensive award, then the defensive player better absolutely destroy the offensive candidate to win MOP and right now Wake is having a very good season but not good enough for MOP in my opinion.

Lets look at you obviously ignorant comment…BC last place in the west based on the poor performance of the defence early on.

4th in least points given up
4th in touchdowns given up

yes you lead in sacks and yardage…but until recently say the last 3 or 4 games you defence has been the the same place as the offence…below average…

Now lets look at Simon…yes he is leading the league in yards. But he is fourth in Touchdowns and 7th in receptions…so if you want to talk about a terrible post suggest you look in the mirror.

I was just looking over some stats on TSN’s site, and I have to say, the MOP has to unanimously be AC. I knew he was having a good year, but wow…

He’s thrown for 5,442 yards (340 ypg), 42 TDs (2.6/game), and 12 picks. Now for those who say, “Well, he’s playing in the Least.” He’s also had 12 300 yards games, and considering he’s only played the East 9 times, at least 3 of those games were against Western opponents.

He’s on pace for 6,100 yards and close to 50 TDs.

The Montreal offence as a whole is averaging 35.8 ppg. If that’s not dominance, then I don’t know what is…

Ray has 5,260 yards but only 24 TDs. Burris has 36 TDs but only 4,703 yards.

If I remember correctly, Wake is still stalled at 20 sacks. With only 2 games remaining in the season, I’d say it’s highly unlikely that he’ll beat the record. So AC becomes the unanimous MOP.

It is between Calvillo and Wake. IMO Quarterback throwing for 6000 yards and having wrote at least one new league record and possibly up to four should win it over a defensive end. This would only be the fifth time in fifty years that a QB reaches the 6000 yard mark and the Als are first in the league while BC is fighting for a home playoff game. If Calvillo slows down and Wake rewrites the season sack record then he has a case.

I'd be curious to see what the breakdown would be on Wakes numbers. Is he stacking up his numbers
againt the weak sisters of the league. I know against Calgary, Wake hasnt played like no mop.

Imo its Calvillo vs Burris........with Calvillo winning.

Coach of the year goes to Hufnagel over Trestman.

An interesting way to look at it is what would be their teams respective records if you pull these guys out and replace them with their backups. I think the Als would drop off more without Calvillo in the lineup.

Barring a miracle this is Calvillo's. Wake has had a great year but in my opinion unless a defensive player breaks some sort of record, he really shouldn't even be nominated for the award. That's what the defensive player of the year award is for. There is no offensive player of the year award so essentially MOP is that.

Just like i expected. In two games Wakes played against Hamilton he’s had seven sacks, in four games against
the top two teams (Calgary, Montreal) he’s had a grand total of one.

Wake is no MOP, but he is a top candidate for defensive player of the year.