Montreal without the Expos?

What pissed me off was that when Loria bought the team he said he bought land for a new state of the art downtown stadium and that he just needed the fans to come o the game so he would have enough money to build it. And the fans came, we were hopeful. then he sells the land. Basically Loria took our money and gave us nothing thats stealing theres no other way of describing it.

Also the slow death was pretty annoying too, I weant to 4 last home openers and 4 last home games by the 5th of each I said screw it Ill call your bluff

kanga,

just finished reading that site as well.... thought that picture was a good one myself as well. At least they are acknowledging the history of sports in their town.

and from that day fourth, the Canadians were forever know as the "Expos".

:lol: I wish! :lol:

you know what that reminds me of? When I went to Philis Arena to see the Thrachers and the Jets, I saw that up on the roof where they keep the banners in the Hawks section, they still had a baaner for a player they retried when the Hawks were in St.Louis. it was very cool to see.

I always like the expos except when the Sox's played them in interleague play. i like the small market teams to be successful. There usually was a bunch of Bostonians up there for the game. It also gave the sox fans from northern new hampshire and Vermont to go see the Sox.

I want the expos back in Montreal, i know i am dreaming. I have get another reason to go to montreal outside of Al's and habs and bruin's.

Got a question for Montrealers, or Canadians, would Montreal support a AAA baseball team? like from the international league? Hate to see the big O unoccupied.

I cant imagine why not, but I'd like to see them get a CBL team more.

Actually Mada it was Brochu and maybe Bronfman who had the rights to the perfect piece of land for an outdoor Ballpark in the heart of Downtown Montreal that would of made the franchise thrive for years and years. They would of gotten 35000 every game of the year in that location in an outdoor ballpark, I'm positive.
They were paying 100,000 a year to keep the rights to the land and as soon as Loria bought the team he cancelled the rights and it was sold and made into CONDOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!%#&?&**?%$#@hole!
Loria had no intention of keeping the Spos in Montreal, he just wanted to move them or buy , sell and make about 100 million profit, which he did.

And Peter, the only way there would be AAA baseball in Montreal is if they build a small outdoor ballpark. Nobody would go to the Big toilet bowl to watch AAA.
And besides it costs $500,000 to rent the Big O!

here is a kink to what AM is talking about.

http://www.ballparks.com/baseball/index.htm

I purpose we name the new Winnipeg stadium the “Labatt Blue Stadium” is the parks honor.

Admittedly Im a little fuzzy on the details I was still in high school when this was happening and far from a legal expert but I remember getting robbed really well

Has the city of Montreal have any idea of what they are going to do with the big O, and how did these idiots get in office? Make an arena out of it, have the habs play a few games and fill the house

Can't play hockey games, can it? I'd like to see it play host to one more GC before it's abandoned for good. Heck, the Al's should be playing in it right now until Molson is ready.

Who says the Big O will be abandoned?

I would hate to pay the maintenance cost there. I hope they keep it in use for something. That place has potential, for something. Make it an indoor race track, host some big events, transform it into a convention center. Have a gay parade, business conference, a party for the bloc, make it a shelter for all the homeless in Montreal, but its time to do something.

Baseball is the only sport where I fell asleep during a game, in Toronto for a Blue Jays game. Enough said about this sport.

My god Earl, I hope one of your friends has a pic of that. :lol:

No unfortunately, was there with the ex-wife. But heck, even the players fall asleep in this sport!

http://nywomensbaseball.com/asleep.gif

so ture!!!! :lol:

Just thought of something else about baseball. Did you know that baseball, the fast pitch version, is really a take-off on the slo-pitch version. Only sport with the concept of slow associated in the name of the sport.

I'm assuming you mean "slow pitch SOFT BALL" not base ball....?