Montréal vs Argos Game Day Thread Thursday July 11, 2024

Alouettes at -7 look to continue to roll right along. Likely rain is in store for the game.

5 Likes

Can’t wait for this game! Some fun notes about it from the media guide;

• Montréal Win Streaks: The Alouettes’ regular season win streak record is now 10 straight games, extending their new Montréal regular season record. The Als have won their last 13 games of any kind - that is the club’s longest total win streak in their history when post-season games are included.
  • Cody Fajardo 10 in a row: Reached 41 career wins last week and is now 41-24 in 65 starts. He is 14-7 .667 as a starter for Montréal. Fajardo has extended his Montréal record consecutive winning starts by a QB (8 by Anthony Calvillo across 2005-06 and in 2002, and Tracy Ham in 1996-97) to 10 in a row. Fajardo has a TD pass in 13 straight games.
  • Tyrice Beverette: Leads the CFL in total defensive plays by a wide margin with 46 in 5 games. He leads the league in total tackles with 34 in 5 games.
  • Toronto Having to Come Back: The Argos are off to a 2-2 start and have been challenged in each game. They have trailed in all four contests by at least 7 points and by 10 or more in 3 of the 4 games.
  • Janarion Grant TD: The Argos punt returner made the CFL’s biggest play last week with an 84-yard score against Saskatchewan. It is the only punt return in the CFL this season but added to his total which is up to 8 TDs. That puts him into a tie for 4th all-time in career punt return touchdowns.
9 Likes

One hour and twenty minutes until game time. The weather looks to be overcast, otherwise a good night for CFL football. Go Alouettes Go

5 Likes

It’s a good thing the game isn’t in Winnipeg. Right now a heat index of 41. Tomorrow that is supposed to go up to 42 so it could be tough slogging.

2 Likes

I think the Argos are dead (smoked) meat tonight lll

2 Likes

As much as I hate having games thursday-sunday as a content creator, as a fan of the league it is awesome to only have to wait 4 days between games

4 Likes

artworks-u0hSTZu55m512E98-BzgPHQ-t500x500

3 Likes

Few ST things to keep an eye on;

• Alouettes struggled covering against the punt last week. Allowed a season-high 13.7 yards per attempt. Janarion Grant just had a PR TD and is looking for another :eyes:
  • Jose Maltos gets his first real chance at being a starter with cote going on the 6 game injury list. Hoping for a big game from him with 4+ field goals and at least 2 from 40+.
  • John Haggerty, Punter for Toronto, hurt his right ankle last week. Might affect his punts.
  • Bourassa, LS for MTL is listed as a game time decision. I hope Gange is given the green light if he’s been working with Zema and Maltos all week. Probably has some chemistry and unless Bourassa is 100%, I don’t want to see him on the field.
4 Likes

KJ Grant was injured during warmups and wont be playing today for mtl.

Bourassa is suited up and will be long snapping for mtl

1 Like

I like the Als uniforms, Argos have a nice shade as well.

2 Likes

Speiker is a lot bigger than I thought :eyes: Not going great for the Argos

Missed FG - Montréal leads 1-0 :cry:

1 Like

Gagne took that first snap too. It was a little high and the the right but Zema is the best holder in the CFL and figured it out.

1 Like

As a Ticats fan - I definitely hope so! Their Defense is giving Cody and friends a bit of trouble so far though. And a missed FG is not an ideal start. This might end up being a defensive battle.

2 Likes

Wife came home and wanted to know why the sound was so low and CC was on, so I turned it up.
“those horn things are sure annoying” she says.

Yup…stupidly annoying…still…

3 Likes

Show mercy Argos getting pounded on the score board.
Game is out of reach 2. To go in the first and a commanding 1to 0 lead
By the larks

1 Like

Jeez TSN is having a bad night. Multiple times now the feed has just cut out

3 Likes

Argos FG - now lead 3-1 after one Quarter.

1 Like

So Leafs are up 3-1 on the Habs after the 1rst period I see .

3 Likes

Mixes results on the Argos blitz got Cody a few times by Cody burned them there