MONTREAL LOSSES THX TO BAD DECISION BY DON MATTHEWS

I was the 4th quarter Montreal had the ball and was going for the 3rd down conversion with 1 yard to go. They should’ve ran it with Lapointe, Edwards, or Vilimek (all had a good game). They by far have the best o-line in the league (if you ask me). Why did they not run it on third and short. Instead The Don decides to pass it. It was incomplete and Ottawa got the win in overtime. I must say congrats to Ottawa for the huge comeback victory. And as for Don Matthews. What were u thinking>??? Well good luck to the Stamps tonite ill be ruting for u guys (although i choose TO to win) Cant wait to see my first Tabbies game of the season tommorow nite. Its gonna be a close one thats for sure.
Great game by Ottawa.

Matthews is not known for being conventional but his decision was definitely the wrong one but I guess if they made it, we wouldn’t be saying anything about it and praising Matthews .

Ya You have a point but still. I mean I know they got a lot of interferance calls in the 4th which didnt halp at all. But overall it was a great game and i think Ottawa deserved the win.

That was a pretty exciting game. I’m still on a high about it. Let’s hope the whole season is like that.

The way I see it was everyone in the country expected a running play. I guess they tried to fool em. Too bad it didnt work. It reminds me of one game against Hamilton. 3rd and inches in the dieing seconds and Danny Mac throws the ball 30 yrds downfield. They went on to win by a field goal.

It worked he’s a hero blow it and he’s the goat.

I wouldnt blame the loss on the “Call” I mean, I wouldnt have my Quaterback go into Shotgun on 3rd and Inches but I would blame the loss on the “Were up by 23 points, time to relax” spirit. Up by 23 points, no excuses, you should build on it, I mean Ottawa looked lifeless. But some mental mistakes by the Als and the lack of discipline in penalties killed us overall.

Im going to agree with Ticats_Fan_86,Ottawa deserved the win. Overtime or not, a win is a win, and to overcome 23 point defesite, is a mark of champions to me.

My player of the game vote was for Anthony Calvillo in the early goings of the 4th quarter, but in the end, my vote goes to Kerry Joseph for an outstanding comeback.

Talk about an exciting game! Congrats to Ottawa who deserves to win with the way the played in the 4th quarter and OT. I don’t think Ottawa would have pulled it off if it wasn’t for that huge fumble and the return.

OTTAWA, won this game…fair and square.

BY The WAY
This is exactly why I say there is no such thing as running up the score. In the CFL you never have enoght points.

I am NOT saying the als took it easy on Ottawa but had they scored another TD in the third and the defence had held, I’m sure they would have been accused of it,

Sure that play call didn’t help… but thats not why the Als lost… i have to agree with ryoon, when you’re up by 23 points going into the 4th you don’t lose because of one play… you lose because you relax and let your guard down. 23 points were not scored on that FG that resulted from the bad 3rd and 1 call, so it can not be pinned on that one play.

If you win say little,
If you lose say less.

Go You Thieving Bastard Renegades Go!

SS you are truly an archrival of those thieving bastards, Ottawa has the first laugh in this one.

for the record it was not 3rd in inches… it was 3rd and a full yard on somethign like the 50yard line…

The call was not that bad…

You had to expect the Gades to look for the qb sneak and that’s why they went to the pass…

All in all Ottawa’s D stood tall and that’s why the play ended up like it did…

PigsEye, I am not an archrival of the Renegades!!!
They are my team!!!
And I love My Hometown Thieving Bastards!!!
The reference to “Thieving Bastards” is a response to someone in here who denigrated the choice of naming the team “Renegades” because we come from a Political town full of thieves ( who by the way, are sent here from other parts of the country to take yours, and mine, hard earned money, and make the City of Ottawa look bad.)
And so, I re-but with,
GO, YOU THIEVING BASTARD RENEGADES, GO!!![/color]

Montreal lost because their defence fell apart and OTTAWA’ s offence turned it on…Montreal missed a field goal in OT…OTTAWA made their’s, and bad coaching dis…are part of a football game.

It is just that simple :smiley:

Right friggin’ on hellothere!!

thanks…and as people write here…football is a sixty minute game…and you have to make your field goals to win.

I don’t think anybody can say something else, i watched the game and the Als sat on 23 points while Joseph and “his crew” grabbed the shovel and worked their ass to win the game…fair and square, i agree.

Even if i’m a Huge Als fan, you gatta be happy for Ottawa and hopes it will bring them greater crowd at their stadium.

Als Fan

You’re a gentleman and a good sport Als Fan.

I think the crowd would have been larger if the game wasn’t played on Canada Day. That just doesn’t work here. There’s too much FREE stuff going on in Ottawa on our Country’s Birthday. Not to mention there was an Ottawa Lynx double header as well. And of course the house parties. That’s why I didn’t use my two tickets. I gave them to someone else, but I’m sure there were a lot of no-shows.

Go You Thieving Renegade Bastards Go!!!

And you missed out on Lonie’s Mardi Gras Too,SS!..LOL

I’m sure your Rens beating Montreal will be a wakeup call to the other teams…PLAY FOR 60 MINUTES!

Good for you guys!