Montreal game

Does anyone have any idea of the amount of tickets sold so far for this game .
I would have thought all games would be sold out in the last year at IVOR WYNNE especially the ARGO game

Anyone have any idea if HAGE or PEACH is ready to comeback and if Giguerre's injured toe is better and also if Hinds is ready to start again ? and How Rey Williams foot is doing ? and if Coburne might get dressed over Onrea Jones since it is montreal and we could use his toughness , blocking and leadership and ability to get those short yardage first downs .

I have noticed that Stalla seems to be having problems getting open ..maybe he lost another step ?

This year is no different then any other year, there will likely only be one sell out. The reasons are listed in all the other threads about attendance; performance, not enough people with money able to go to a game, etc. Why did you think this would magically change because its the last season? Hamilton isn't a sports town like Winnipeg.

I'm pretty excited for this game and think it will be great. Would love to see Stala more involved, and holding on to balls.

It’s not so much that Stalla has lost a step it’s the fact that the “O” line is not giving enough time for the QB to get rid of the ball. Because of the lack of protection, the QB’s only option is to screen or a short pass to Walker and the teams are figuring this out and taking him down straight away.

Moreso I think that Stala is probably not the first read in a lot of situations. I make way more of the fact that we haven’t seen a lot of balls to Fantuz, and I’m a Fantuz fan. Especially with the extra heat Chris Williams should be drawing, you’d expect that to help open up the guys on the other side of the safety. So I’m in agreement that plays aren’t getting enough time to develop.

Regarding speed, I’ve always seen Stala as more of a Brian Kelly or Ben Cahoon type: real sure hands and good ability read coverage, especially finding gaps against a zone.

I just think that Stalla has went from slow to slower .

I still think he has good hands and makes good reads etc ...but it is tougher now for him to get seperation
I think on the OLINE the right tackle # 59 Brian Simmons get's beat too much and should be replaced ..He will get replaced it;'s just a matter of when ...likely by Claytor or Hennessey.

First, it is Stala, not Stalla. The guy has been in the league since 2003 and with the Cats since 2009, so would it be so terrible to learn how to spell the guy’s name right?

Secondly, you simplify things way too much (and also speak in absolutes way too much). Burris has had time to thrown down the field. He has thrown long passes, so your assertion that “the QB’s only option is to screen or a short pass to Walker” is incorrect. Fact of the matter is, the offense is still a work in progress, but we’ve seen instances of Burris making throws down field, and as he grows more comfortable with his teammates, we’ll see it more and more.

Suggest what you will about Dave Stala, but on a second down with a crucial catch to make, I want him on the field.

Giguere looks to have a case of sloughing of the toe which usually takes a few weeks to to heal properly therefore may not be in the lineup tonight.

Bandaging the toe will only lead to contained moisture within the injury resulting in an abscess type infection.

He needs to let it heal in open air to speed amelioration.
It is unfortunate the injury is located on the toe of all places.

Had a similar injury on my quadriceps from a roller blading mishap. :oops:
...oops, I meant saving a woman from a burning building. :wink:

Blogskeeweewee said

First, it is Stala, not Stalla. The guy has been in the league since 2003 and with the Cats since 2009, so would it be so terrible to learn how to spell the guy's name right?
Typo big deal , It was not a dis against Stalla, I like the guy.
Secondly, you simplify things way too much (and also speak in absolutes way too much). Burris has had time to thrown down
Yes I do simplify things but basically it's true. Also what does "Burris has had time to thrown down" mean?? instead of correcting someone for a simple typo, why not watch your grammar instead.

Tangledweb wrote:

"Had a similar injury on my quadriceps from a roller blading mishap.
...oops, I meant saving a woman from a burning building. "

Now, if you only left out the first line, I could have nominated you for a hero award. But, alas the truth came out, Tangledweb...LOL

Seriously, Giguere's toe injury looks nasty....OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure I could even walk on that...

From what I can see at practice Sam Giguere has no noticeable limp

after he finishes up his pass pattern and trots back to the line of scrimmage.

He was really limped doing that very thing a couple of weeks ago.

His toe doesn't seem to affect his running or cutting either.

You should always remember to remove your roller blades before entering a burning building.