Montreal Fan Support

After 4 home games the "Als" are averaging under 22,000 a game. Is this a concern for the league?

NO

With attendance so low, I think it's clear that the Als are going to fold after this season, and we'll be back to 7 teams until Ottawa returns.

Your drunk again aren’t you?

Ill take 22,000 paying high priced tickets, then in the 80's when there were around 5,000 fans at the old Olympic O. Still remember in the mid to late 80's a large public opinion thought the CFL was going to die.

The test will be when the Als suffer a few losing seasons. if the fans abandon ship? They can't sellout now with a solid team and have been solid for a long time.

Pointless to compare raw attendance numbers without factoring in ticket prices. But people love to dogpile Montreal football fans, I guess.

Nobody’s dog piling, fact is ,MTL is not selling out a small stadium and you have lost 2 franchises in the past, fair questions.
I realize ownership was a issue in losing past franchises but so was fan support. I thnk anything over 20 000 , paid attendance in MTL, should work. At the current ticket prices.

cheap champagne !

merely out of curiosity, what has the attendance been at the other 7 CFL cities and in comparison to last year’s figures after 4 home games?

I read somewhere (and I can’t remember where) that attendance was up about 4% from this time last year. But as we all know, attendance numbers are a little unreliable. The announced attendance is not usually the same as actual butts in seats.

As far as Montreal’s attendance is concerned, they’re getting 22,000 fans in a stadium that holds 25,000 people. The Als do not have an attendance problem.