Montreal D vs Hamilton D

I've been thinking about comparables for the defenses in Montreal and Hamilton, and find myself coming back to Bob McGowan's evaluation of those classic Pittsburgh Steelers / Baltimore Ravens matchups from a few years ago. What he said roughly was: when you watch Baltimore's defense, you get this feeling that they are flat-out scary, that they will do whatever they want to you and there is nothing you can do to stop them. Whereas with the Steelers, they're not terrifying, but at the end of the game, you look up and you just don't have enough points on the board.

It seems to me that McGowan's analogy works pretty well to describe the Als and Cats. Essentially, our D is the Steelers (complete with Chip Cox as the Troy Polamalu-rover type playmaker), while Hamilton's D is the Ravens.

By taking a look at defense functions, the Als have allowed 69 points against, TiCans 88 against. Looking at other DF, the Als players are listed ahead of TiCats players, in tackles, interceptions and sacks. These are two good defenses but, looking at the above, I would rate Als defense a little better than that of the TiCats.

Montreal's D hands down!

They dictate. Hamilton doesn't.