Montreal at Winnipeg

Welcome back Chief!

Well, whatever Winnipeg did during halftime, it sure is working and I’m also sure it had nothing to do with listening to that band.

On the NBC Sports Network broadcast, basically it’s about the same as last year with ads by prime advertisers run.

That’s a great sign instead of the typical local homer bojack loser cable fare for off-peak television programming in the US.

This just might be Winnipeg’s night after that 48-yard FG by Palardy, which is also his career best if I heard Cuthbert right.

I thought that attempt was a risky call given the potential of a big return on a miss.

Is Montreal playing with an o-line tonight?

NEVER seen AC this frustrated.

Both those incomplete passes are on Pierce. Where is the shuffle of the feet with arm strength? Maybe Pierce will suck the rest of the quarter like on that drive on two otherwise easy completions for a pro QB.

Why are the backs for Montreal bobbling otherwise fine passes? They need to work on their screens and flares between games.

But hey just throw the long ball to Green or Richardson and no problem right? :slight_smile:

I knew Burke should have opted for the saftey.
What an idiot!

Pretty decent opening game :slight_smile: I'm rooting for Montreal since I picked them in the pool, but regardless of whether they win or not, it's been a good game.

IGF looks really good, and it sounds loud too.

So far I like Hawkin's decisions in the game more than Burkes. The rookie coach gives up the safety, and the guy who has been around gambles and backfires.

They missed the PI on Edwards. I firmly believe he would get those calls if he didn't cry wolf every pass that he doesn't catch, and now on a deserving call, it backfires. You can blame that one on his antics, he's built up a reputation now.

Cost him the game.

Keeping up with the game on game-tracker; and it says Winnipeg has got the ball on the 67 yard line...strange

I've said it all pre season and I'll say it again:
Burke is a joke!

Well the Als won, but they didn't do it in decisive fashion. The Bombers looked better than I expected. Both QBs a bit nicked up in this one, hopefully it's not serious.

To be honest, I wasn’t that impressed. Most of the first half was penalties, turnovers, and FGs. In the third quarter, the Als played like crap. Some credit goes to the Bombers, but overall, I just didn’t feel like the Als showed up in that quarter. The only real positive was that the outcome came down to the last minute.

I didn’t really expect the game to be close at all, and last year it seemed like any East game not involving Hamilton was a snoozing 17-9 low scoring game.

Have to agree. Too bad, because it was clearly PI.

Well…welcome back SJ Green…a catch of the year candidate in the 1st game! You can see the Safety overshot to his backside, otherwise the Bombers likely win this game. He ran too far out, and SJ had a clean line of sight with AC…there was coverage to the outside…bad mistake, but hey, 1st game.

Buck looked good when he had time, and wasn’t sacrificing himself, so that looks promising.

The Als timing was off, but AC…Mr Clutch, did it when it counted…what a crazy pass to SJ…wow. The Als were a lot more vocal, something I think we will need to get more used to. Guys were getting in players faces, and AC looked pissed a couple of times…you just didn’t see that often under Trestman, an I am not knocking it, it is just a big change. They also suffered a lot of drops, something you don’t historically see from the Als…even SJ should have had that one late. If they can get that underneath timing down, they could be a real force.

Bombers had some pretty good glimmers on O, so that has to be a promising sign. It is a whole new playbook, but I liked it for the most part, so long as they can mix some running in, because the Als DL was just pinning their ears back and plowing…gotta keep them a little honest.It also looks like there might be some concerns in that secondary, but a game or 2 and that looks like it will tighten up.

Oh, and the stadium looks like a superb place to watch a game! Can’t wait to go there.

Jade Etienne looked good out there, I know he was being called a huge bust when he was picked 4th and didn't look good in training camp, but he appears to have moved past that. I saw him a couple of times when he was with the U of S in Saskatoon, very athletic guy.

I felt it was great halftime adjustments for the Bombers. Unfortunately, they pretty much stopped running and the Als looked at them one dimensionally after that. Why they didn’t try running a bit once they had the lead is a bit puzzling.

Props to the IGF and the Bombers. I was upset that I had to work and missed the game but even just watching the highlights it sounded like an NFL (Seattle Seahawks to be more exact) atmosphere. Which Is great! it makes it exciting for us at home. Bombers kept it interesting I saw Buck limping in the TSN highlights, hope he can at least make it past 3 games.