Montreal at Winnipeg GT -- Fri Jun 24, 8:30 pm et, TSN

Friday Night Football
Montreal Alouettes vs. Winnipeg Blue Bombers
Fri 8:30PM ET / 5:30PM PT on TSN1, TSN3, TSN4 and TSN5

Please note the time listed is the start time of TSN coverage. The kickoff will be later.

The first East-West battle of the year as two teams with a LOT to prove face off. Peg should be favoured at home, but history has not been kind to Skeeterville in their new digs. I want to see how the Als O-line holds up (pun kinda intended) because that unit is a big question mark IMHO.

Hope to see a lot of you here!

Oski Wee Wee,

Russ

I hate Montreal. All they are. All they do. Terrible players. Terrible front office. Terrible coaches. Terrible.... janitors. You name it I hate it. No offense to the people of Montreal. Beautiful city. I know them as The Thuggalettes. So I'm for Winnipeg.

Well, here, we are about to go.

I'm kind of cheering for Winnipeg, because its nice to see Eastern Division competitors to the Cats lose games.

Both finished 2015 at the bottom of their game, but I think O'Shea has gone that extra yard in improving.

We'll see!

Hi folks!

The game is early in the first quarter -- no score.

Absolutely I'll be cheering for the Peggers. Nice the see McDuffie finally get a chance to play after being buried on our PR and of course I DON'T LIKE the larks AT ALL!

Too bad there isn't a better opening day crowd though. Stands appear to be rather empty.

There is now - FG for the birds. :x

The Als are up 3-0.

I'm actually getting to watch it on regular TV here in the states. And thank GOD that INT getting called back due to a penalty.

Hi TabbieFan!

Helmet to helmet on Dressler, I don't think he will be back. With a bang on the head they should sit him out the rest of the game.

Wow...did Dressler ever get decked! Helmet to helmet hit...

Hi there

I was a bit surprised to see this thread up last night after our Ticats game but appreciate it. Nice to "chat" with fellow fans during the games but sometimes the threads for teams not named "Ticats" have little participation.

Dressler was levelled there but looks like he could be OK - at least he's able to leave the field under his own steam. Nasty hit for sure and NO FLAG!! :roll:

Lightning delay has been called.

Ominous start. Concussion to Dressler and now a weather delay? Let's hope it's an omen of things to come for Montreal.

And Hi tabbie. Don't know if you remember me from the comments section of the CFL site the last couple years but I'm xblotterx.

Weather delay - They have had a lot of rain and storms in Manitoba of late. Hope they are able to resume before too long or I may not stay awake long enough to see all of the game!

So now in America they have switched programming to something else. Rough start for the CFL this year. Other than Hamilton winning I’d say it’s been pretty close to a disaster.

And we're back!! Just a little diddy about the person I hate most in the CFL... Duron Carter. This speaks for itself. Coffeyville is where he played after he got kicked off any real college team...

"The team that drafts Duron Carter will get the most lazy, whiny & non-work ethic player the nfl has ever seen," Cayden Cochran, Coffeyville's starting quarterback for Carter's season there, wrote on his Twitter account in February. "I played w/him. Horrible person & will be a complete cancer to any team on the board."

Well there's Glenn's first pick of the season. Good play by Randle but it pins the BBs deep in their end and have to concede the safety. Saved 7 points to give up 2

End of the first quarter and it only took them 1 hour and 40 minutes to play it! :smiley: Too bad about ESPN changing to other programming but most people down there wouldn't exactly be interested in the talking heads and the BBs staff yakking away. Not going to have any meaning for them