Montreal at Winnipeg Game Thread- Thursday June 6, 2024

Would be interested to know if in baseball pitchers complained when they lowered the mound to make it easier on the hitter, theory being the higher mound was too much of an advantage for hitters. I remember when they did this in MLB but I’d have to look up articles from back then to see the reaction. The key is consistency, if it can be proven the chipped balls don’t provide consistency, then they the league better look at this more closely. But if it’s consistent for all the kickers random sort of thing, like in golf where you have to hit the ball from the fairway if it goes in a divot, then I don’t see the issue.

1 Like

Paredes kicked a 52 or 53 yarder last night, chip didn’t seem to bother him either.

1 Like

I think EVERY kicker said the balls randomly sail to the left. With no consistency.
There have been a few very wrong minded and homer arguments on the thread.
Every kicker in the cfl has said they did not like or want the chipped balls because of the way the ball drifts left.
I will side with the professional kickers opinions over the professional arguers opinions

3 Likes

You would think the Engineers would have been smart enough to ballast the ball with an identical counterweight opposite the chip device. 2.0 hasn’t provided an honest explanation why they needed to rush this in without proper testing.

I am interested to find out if the chips in the cfl differ from the nfl chips.
it like counterweights to balance a tire if not done properly the tire wobbles.
we have every kicker up here saying the chips here make the ball drift randomly left.
Something is off. all kickers from every team did not want them and the cfl most likely had some computer guy making the final toughts on the matter that nener kicked aball in his life

1 Like

I think the balls last night were non-chipped. This statement was prior to last night’s game.

“ Ambrosie’s statement says “some kickers” have said they want to keep using them, so the league will give teams a choice before every game, effective immediately.”

5 Likes

yes you are right the chips were NOT in the balls last night for kicks

6 Likes

Stubblefield’s injury just after he hog-tied Streveler’s ankles was just a fluke injury. One thing I know about Mountain Man Mike O’Shea is that even if his star QB was beheaded by a flagrant monster DT hit and had to be taken to emergency, Mike O’Shea would never order up retribution. He played hard, he played on the edge (like many great players) but O’Shea would NEVER, EVER order up a retributional hit on someone - even if one of his best players was obliterated by an obvious cheap shot.

That said. I think coaching fairness is one of O’Shea’s weaknesses. Most coaches in hockey, football even basketball would code in the OK for someone to be taken out after a prior incident. But not O’Shea. As a coach - the guy is cleaner than a whistle.

2 Likes

Say hello to my little friend…

1 Like

Thanks. I had not read that. I suspect that’s the end of this experiment for this season. What kicker in his right mind would want to use this?

4 Likes

I am afraid of the Blue angry bird, not that yellow imposter

1 Like

Maybe the kickers and the chippers should get in the wrestling ring to sort this out.

2 Likes

They backed off on it because every kicker in the league made a stink on SM, but they’ll try again next year, because they’re idiots.

2 Likes

I’m not going to side with them as they may feel a need to stand-up for a fellow kicker but that doesn’t mean they all necessarily agree with him. It’s a union thingy afterall players associations. You can’t trust what they say in public in it’s entirety.

2 Likes

Totally 10 out of 10 on the silly scale :balance_scale:

I wish I could try to kick these balls a few times in order to have an informed opinion.

3 Likes

Tyrell Ford isn’t a rookie, but it was a mistake.

Oui et non. Ce fut une partie plutôt à sens unique. J’ai été surpris de manque de préparation des Bombers.