Montreal at Ottawa-July,19 2017

Lewis needs 30 to break the record, yay or nay he does?

Take your playbook and shove it so predictable its sad

Do the referees need a course on placing a ball? Ur gonna honestly tell me adams did not get 1 yard on that play?

The fix was in!

Sit down and tell me he didn't get that 1 yard and ill shut up forever. Im done with this bush league pas rapports. Ill never give another cent to the cfl, haha im way ahead of u free tickets baby!

[i]How many beers tonight Mike? :smiley:

Seriously, Durant has to stop throwing interceptions. Might as well bench him and develop the young guys. There is no point in playing a 400k per season veteran, that averages more than an interception a game.

Are Knapton and Bowman on vacation?

Rutley sucks![/i]

This game was 2 hours and 56 minutes long.

Then why have instant replay if whatever the refs call on the field is not overturnable??

He was clearly stuffed early and hard short of the first down. Great defensive stand by Ottawa.

-Herb Zurkowsky in his column before the game said Brandon Rutley was scheduled to start again next week.

I don't why the Als listed Branden Dozier at SAM on their depth chart when he actually plays WILL LB.

Team wished John Bowman a Happy Birthday on Thursday but never bothered making sure the date matches the one listed on the website roster.

Noel Thorpe rarely played with 4 Defensive Lineman against the Redblacks. Unlike last game, he did not insert Nicolas Boulay on a regular basis when the team using a 3-4. Boulay only came in briefly when Kyries Hebert was injured.

As far as I can tell, Don Oramasionwu has not taken a defensive snap in the last 2 games. Not even sure he ever stepped on the field.

On that long touchdown pass to Greg Ellingson, Thorpe seemed to have blamed Safety Dondre Wright for being too far away from the play. Wright was bench for the rest of the first half and replaced by Dominique Termansen.

For some reason, SJ Haidara was inserted at receiver late in the 4th quarter.

Redblacks again gave up yardage on defense, but you gotta give credit when they make a play like stopping the Als on 3rd down and the catch by Ellingson to seal the victory.

On that last 3rd down and short, the Als had just used a sweep 2 plays ago. By default: Adams was going up the middle, and everybody knew it.

Offensive Line leads the league in giving up the fewest sacks, but I do not believe that statistic is an accurate measure of their ranking in the CFL

And here I put the blame on Chaps for calling that play. Everyone knew it, RD D had stuffed the middle all night. Game is on the line and he went with the play.
Frack, use your head Chaps. You did before with the sweep. Use another play instead of up the middle.

The Adams sneak looked to be a 1st down and also the RDS feed showed pass interference on the Pruneau interception. But the Als really lost the game because of the 1st half turnovers. The question is who is the real Durant? In the 1st half he played like a lost, tentative rookie. In the 2nd half he was the QB the Als expected when they signed him.

There has to be a better RB than Brandon Rutley somewhere in North America. You have some RBs who are power backs, some who are quick and elusive. Rutley is neither.

Nik Lewis and Kyries Hebert are certainly not playing their age. Unfortunately age seems to have caught up with Chip Cox. I wonder if he keeps his spot in the lineup if/when Raymon Taylor and Greg Henderson return.

Im also not a fan of Brandon Stewart, thought Don Unamba should have been kept and moved to Stewarts spot on the wide side.

Whether its the DTs or the DEs we are not getting any pass rush whatsoever from the d-line. And it has to be pointed out that we dont really have a d-line coach. Greg Quick is handling it, but it`s not really his background.

In any case the 2nd half showing of the offense has made me somewhat optimistic and hopefully it is a sign of things to come.

In my opinion, this is on the Oline. Most teams use the Quarterback sneak 9 times out of 10. They give you a yard to start off with. ..so no excuse. Oline did not do their job.

That was a first down, i have seen alot worse of a push and qbs have gotten that first down. The spot simply sucked. Alot of problems on this team but Logan has gotta go. im sure there is some college kid with a gangster backround and felonys that can do a better job at this point.

Difficult too be too critical when a team gains 517 yards on offence and your defence allows only 24 points,despite having 5 turnovers, but yes there were bad plays and corrections and changes are needed on offence and defence.

I totally agree with you,Sheldon, regarding Chip Cox-time to replace him?- Brandon Stewart-hope that he will be replaced when Raymon Taylor is OK-and Brandon Rutley is not a good RB; he can't replace Sutton. Can't imagine that a better one cannot be found.

Darian Durant: I don't blame him for the interceptions, but rather Tiquan Underwood for running wrong route on 1st interception and showing no hurry.no fight for the ball in the end zone interception.

Tiquan Underwood: Yes, almost every game he catches a long one, but does not deserve to remain as a starter; sit him next game or replace him with Eugene Lewis ,now on practice roster. Also involve more Nat George Johnson.

Defensive line: Biggest weakness so far this season. After 5 games the 6 DL have a combined total of 26 tackles and 2 sacks; Don Oramasionwu has 0 sack. Why this guy is still on the team is beyond me. Last night, our 6 DL had 3 tackles while the REDBLACKS DL had 7. We had no pressure on Harris. He completed, I would say, 80% of his passes on second and long-10 yards or more- It's time to make changes. I would replace one of the DE,most probably Ivan McLennan, by DE Vatrel McMillan and I would play Ray Drew; I don't care if an Int. WR has to sit. I would release Don Oramasionwu and insert Fabion Foote in the lineup. Can't be worse.

Hope that Sutton and Taylor are ready to go.

Richard

That’s something to be proud of?

Supporting a team means more that cheering when they win and griping when they lose. Buying tickets and merchandise keep the team (and league) afloat.

Mike can answer for himself but I`ll just say this.

This is the 5th year of the Als having a losing record and with at times dysfunctional coaching/management changes. And so you /they have no right to complain about ticket and merchandising sales.

How many bad meals does it take for you to stop going to a restaurant?

We can revisit this when the team becomes competitive with a winning record.

So as a team you suck it up and say “okay we didn’t get the first down, now we have 90 seconds left, we have a “D” that can stop them they are on their 5 yard line”
On second down they complete a long pass and get a first down, great pass great catch by Ellingson, game over.
The offense and the defense couldn’t get it done in the last minute.
It’s not about just one play deciding the game.

Dude u dont know me. I payed my dues. I was also a habs season ticket holder which i am no longer. Why the hell will i support teams who make boneheaded decisions year after year. U think i am the only one? See for urself the attendance is sure getting better…not! 2 years in a row the Alouettes called me about 17 times trying to get me back. Stick to being als fan forever as ur nickname states.