Montreal Alouettes win the Grey Cup if....

Please list your reasons. It will be quite the interesting matchup.

...if they score more points than Calgary.

If they don't choke like the Riders did against the BC Lions.

If they show up on the field and play a decent game. I don't see Burris "Choke Artist Supreme" Burris winning this one for the Stamps. The Stamps defense is also in trouble because they won't matchup well against the Als this time. Calvillo will pick the Stamps secondary apart.

Come now. I'm an Als fan too but you have to give credit to your opponent. Fact is, Calgary has owned us this year, and Burris has had his way with our defense. On the flip side of the ball, Chris Jones runs a bump-and-run defense predicated on disrupting the timing of receiver routes with aggressive, physical play. This sort of defense is always going to present a challenge for a timing QB like Calvillo.

I'm rooting for my Als all the way, but they will have to play the game of their lives if they want to hoist the Grey Cup in a week.

They will play the game of their lives. Trust me on this. Calvillo wants to win this game badly.

Calgary’s D won’t be a pushover…But I don’t see Burris playing as well as Calvillo. I can see him being indecisive, getting sacked, fumbling the ball or throwing an interception at a critical point in the game.

When did Henry Burris become Burris Burris... :expressionless:

Call him whatever you want. His team isn't winning on Sunday. I'm confident that A.C. will win the Quarterback duel. And it will help that Avon Coubourne will probably have the game of his life. The Als have too many weapons for the Stamps to stop. It might be close...but the Als offense will be the difference maker in this one.

Ah again no respect for the Stamp defense. Funny they matched up not once but twice before this season. Funny you say that. The Als offense better play better then the previous two games or this might get ugly quick.

Rider fan hey! LOL

LOL did you watch games this year? Let me help you out

Remember these numbers 1, 82, 5, 21, 11, 3,9, 80, 86, 12, 32 and 85. And thats not forget these guys as well 62,64,67,68, 56, and 58. So you do not get dumbfounded by numbers you can look up our weapons and check the numbers for yourself. You will find all of them deserve mentioning. http://www.stampeders.com/team/player_roster/

Yes the stamps have no offense yet we won what 13 game during the season. I guess we have no weapons.

Seriously... can you make out what his name says...? :?

The only thing ugly is your use of "then" when you should use "than". So many people are misusing those words, it's driving me around the bend.

I don't think this Grey Cup will be ugly at all..........I think we're in for a fantastic match up between two great teams, both will play their hearts out, it'll be close, and may the best team win (hope it's the Als, but won't be totally shocked if it is not).

You being driven around the bend---is this why they call you MAD Jack? :wink:

There may be some truth in that !!!!!

[/quote]
Remember these numbers 1, 82, 5, 21, 11, 3,9, 80, 86, 12, 32 and 85. And thats not forget these guys as well 62,64,67,68, 56, and 58. So you do not get dumbfounded by numbers you can look up our weapons and check the numbers for yourself. You will find all of them deserve mentioning. http://www.stampeders.com/team/player_roster/

Yes the stamps have no offense yet we won what 13 game during the season. I guess we have no weapons.
[/quote]
Nothing that happened during the regular season will have any bearing on this Sunday's stuff. All of the stats and team records are thrown out of the window. In 2000 the Als beat the BC Lions handily during both of their regular season meetings. When they met again in the Grey Cup game, it was the Lions who had the great gameplan and who eventually won.

You can have all of the offensive weapons you want. But when you have someone like Henry Burris under center whose prone to making errors, it won't even matter. If your QB is too busy fumbling, stumbling, getting sacked, and throwing ducks and interceptions your weapons are useless. And that's EXACTLY what will happen this Sunday. I don't think Burris will be able to perform in front of 60 000+ screaming Montreal fans in an indoor stadium. He won't. And Marc Trestman is an offensive guru. The Als will be piling on the points. The stamps defense won't be able to stop the Als offense. No team has been able to all year.

Hey man I have been a Al's fan for the last 12 yrs. Relax dude it's not in the books that we won this game. Sure I really want to think like that but we just can't. Frankly I have more confidence in our team for this game than last game, but we will just have to see. And for everyone that thinks the crowd won't help us there crazy. If 38 thousand fans can disrupt Ricky Ray, what can 65 thousand + do to Henry Burris!