Montreal 2nd and 30

OMG this play cost us the game how do you give that up 2nd and 30 and it goes for 60! Before the play started I had a fear it would go for Montreal. Riders defence has done this too many times when the game is on the line! My hat goes off the Crandell he showed tonite he's the guy to take us to the end.

They have done this every time on second and long..... Sending only 3....IT never works....especially against a guy like Calvillo..Why? he had all day back there with no pass rush...

I feel for you guys on that play. It happened to Montreal this season their opponents were something like 2nd and 25 or 30 and Mtl gave up the first down. Gotta be the most frustrating thing in football.

Riders showed the league tonite that they will be ready for the playoffs and what I seen tonite Montreal and the Riders are the best in the league right now.

I am more upset about the settling for the field goal on 3rd and goal when we were down 31-35. Why go to 34-35? We were still down, and give the ball back to Montreal with no time left for us after they got the FG back. That call lost us the game, if we'd have went for it we had a chance but now we will never know because we settled for a useless FG. We could have went up 38-35 there, and who knows what would have happened in a game like this but I say take the chance you get that late in the game.

I am more upset about the settling for the field goal on 3rd and goal when we were down 31-35. Why go to 34-35? We were still down, and give the ball back to Montreal with no time left for us after they got the FG back. That call lost us the game, if we'd have went for it we had a chance but now we will never know because we settled for a useless FG. We could have went up 38-35 there, and who knows what would have happened in a game like this but I say take the chance you get that late in the game.

There were too many things that cost us the game! How about Too many men on the field and giving Montreal a 1st down so they can get 7 points instead of 3? How about being rocked on our ass the 1st 5 mins of the game? How about Corey Holmes Being the cause of TWO turnovers?(although Crandell is to blame partially for the pick) How about Our #1 defenses Uncanny ability to break down in the last few minutes of almost every game this season? How about our rookie Whats his name? The guy covering Watkins all night, letting I dont know how many BOMBS go to him? Of course the 2nd and 30 (or whatever it was). Then going to the well once to often with Szarka on 2nd and 3 with only a few mins left (You played like champ though Szarka, A champ!). Play action Wide Receiver screen woulda been perfect right there (I know i am saying it after it happened but still) Entertaining game to say the least. We certainly know how to squeeze every bit of that one hour of play for what its worth. Six lead changes. WOW!

Don Matthews proved once again why he is the dirtiest coach in the league. The few times when the Montreal D line got a rush on Crandell they instantly went for his knees. Not to mention the no yards that they took, not even trying to stop at five. Great game though!!!

LMAO... since when is he known as the "Dirtiest Coach" in the League?.. Most arrogant maybe... why is everything a conspiracy with you? From the Refs against black coaches & players and now the Don purposely instructing his players to injure a QB... buddy give yer head a shake.... :roll:

I guess all the years of losing and stress got to him.

Welll it was the first 15 yard-no yards penality in the history of the game :roll:

At least he is not blaming the refs. :lol:

After that game you have to feel good about the Rider offence. They came back from 14-0, which never would have happened 7 weeks ago. There defence lost them the game this week, and hopefully the Riders don't have to cross over because they can't stop Montreals offence. I don't know how many times they are going to have to get beat on second, and third and long before they realize that prevent defence is not working for them. There db's are not tall enough to win the jump balls which are usually thrown on these situations. I didn''t watch the whole game because i was at a wedding, but I am feeling really good about the team as a whole after this game. They are keeping up with the best teams in the league.

You know what, montreal won cause of turnovers, those first few touchdowns of their's were the reason we lost. But look at it this way, better to lose against montreal than bc or edmonton! :lol:

Those are the reasons we lost!!!

To Riderfan 23:
Your PuffRiders can't beat Montreal,how are your Riders going to beat my Argos or BC!.There is NO way!.

Numerfive.....

It was no rookie who got beat on the 2nd and 30. It was LaDouphyous McCalla. I felt sorry for him, he looked absolutely brutal trying to knock down that pass. He had a shaky night.

well since we already have, I think that question is moot

Yeah WTF Mr Kiwi? The last two teams we beat before losing to Montreal was Toronto then BC. What kind of Relevance does your statement have? Are you as retarded as you seem? Or were you just having a retarded kinda day? I know it wasnt a rookie that gave up the now infamous 2nd and 30. I was referring to bombs that happened during the game, there was a guy whose name i didnt recognize covering and letting Watkins get a lot of catches during the middle of the game. Guys anybody know who I am talking about?

I believe it was Rontarious Robinson

You'll have to excuse Kiwi as he is completely ignorant of anything that has been played east of the Toronto city limits.