Money vs Mouthy

I’d pay.

40 to 1 odds in favour of Mayweather. Im putting 100 bucks on McGregor. Could be a nice pay day if he lands a lucky shot.

Good luck. Hope you win!

Do I need to post the video of me as incredible hulk and you as loki again??

Wed probably look more like the fight scene from cheers when norm and the other fat dude square off

Probably. We are still on for Sept 30th - Argos/Ticat game. Can’t wait!!!

A friend wanted to go to the Toronto Zoo for the day. I agreed as long as she would go to an Argos game after. She agreed.

Then I looked at how long it takes to go from Burlington to the Toronto Zoo via the GoTrain and TTC. It is 2 hours +, one way. Good Lord. No thank you.

Mayweather in 10.

The Irishman did better than everyone thought - according to reports.

Just dosent have the gas tank these boxers have.

He was runnin on empty in the 8th round and on fumes for the 10th.

Mayweather pissed me off tho when he kept turning his back to Connor.all in all good fight. Even though we didnt get to watch the whole event… the ufc tv stream went down for a lot of people

Almost. Looks like he had Money hurt with a body shot but than decided to follow it up by hugging instead of throwin bombs… A bit early stoppage as well imo but im used to ufc refs and they tend to give a fighter a chance.

Money toyed with him most of the match from what I gather from listening to commentary about this. Mouthy didn’t have the arm stamina for boxing, he needed to build up this arm stamina more to have a chance. I’m neither a big boxing or UFC fan but it seems like people got their money’s worth, nice of Money to let it go longer for the fans sake to make them feel they got their money’s worth.

It's being reported that Mayweather will make a minimum of 100 million, and McGregor 30 million for the fight.

Estimates that account for the pay per view revenues, and all other revenues, say Mayweather will get at least 200 million, and McGregor 100 million.

Holy @%&&%&%&%!!!!!!

That is some crazy cash. It looks like they BOTH won!

Maybe one of them could buy the Argos! :slight_smile:

[i]Mayweather vs. McGregor Purse: Known Prize Money Payout Distribution | News, Scores, Highlights, Stats, and Rumors | Bleacher Report

Yup. You win some you lose some.

I’m sure you’re not going to lose sleep over the $100 and it gave you a rooting interest. It made the fight fun for you.

As for me, I laid in bed and listened to an audio book. 2 hours in, I switched over and saw the unfortunate results.

As for “Money”…

He seems like a nice man. He handled himself well and with class. Well done.

It was "the night" for some "sports fans" who paid big bucks. Oh my goodness!, hey, what can I say. I hope they got what they wished for. ;D

Pretty much went the way I thought - and thus didn't have to shell out the 100 shecks to see the abomination.

King Irish proved he's got a bigger and more vicious mouth than he's got punch and stamina.

Money toyed with the Fake King for 3 or 4 rounds and then went to work - as Jim Ross from WWE would say - he dissected him clinically - until King Mouthy's barskank conditioning proved his undoing - and he was basically a standing popeye with a sand base (remember those). Money probably could have knocked him out - but a gentleman's agreement ensued - a destroyed Conor would have little to no value in future UFC outings + despite their phoney/baloney acrimony in the pre-fight fakery, Conor & Money might want to do business together; either in future movies, talk-show appearances, Las Vegas acts, etc.

While I criticize the fight (and the entire game actually) I still think that next to Muhammad Ali - Conor McGregor might be the best talker in the history of the game. Great vitriol, superb insults, vulgar and loud. Ali was a bit more subtle (can't believe I just called Ali subtle) Conor could have a great future taking a couple more Dana White promoted "super-fights" in UFC, he could take on a couple more boxing encounters against lesser men than money or he could roll his canoe over to Vince McMahon's WWE - where he'd instantly be the top talker of all-time . . . . .and in the fake world of Vince, he'd never get gassed, he'd always have control, etc.

Another minor reason Money couldn't (or wouldn't) knock McGregor out - Money has bad hands - and punching hard enough to send Conor sprawling to the canvas might injure his hands!

I boxed a little when I was young and, to put it mildly, it is exhausting. McGregor wasted all his energy early trying for the knockout - which was the smart move. He didn’t succeed and was spent by the middle of the fight.

I give the Irishman credit. He got in the ring with the greatest fighter of his generation and didn’t embarrass himself. And he collected a cheque for $100M for his effort. Not too bad for a kid from Ireland.

$100 mill for that fight? For sure, no embarrassment whatsoever! Wow, good on him! Next time around with proper boxing training he'd even do better, would lose but one tough, and smart SOAB!

Were you out protesting again?

Don’t you wish. You sure miss the Other forum, don’t you?

I read somewhere that most of the bets placed were for McG, but most of the money bet was for Mayweather. The avg McG bet was something like $200 and the avg Mayweather bet was more than a grand.

I do indeed I don’t know if it’s not having an off topic forum or that the cats suck making the cats board lame or a combo of the 2 that’s the problem… but man I’m not feelin this MB anymore