MONEY IS IN THE NFL BUT THE SHOW IS IN THE CFL !

MONEY IS IN THE NFL BUT THE SHOW IS IN THE CFL !
(L’argent se trouve dans la NFL mais le spectacle se trouve dans la CFL)

I’ve been saying that for years. It’s time that my english friends knowns about that truth. Don’t you thing so ? End I’m not the only one…

«I am American and I moved to Toronto about 6 years ago, from Florida.
I have found a real love for the CFL and for the Argos. Personally I think that NFL is way overhyped and when you watch it you think to yourself "That's IT???". Always expecting more and waiting for something spectacular, which never actually happens. The CFL is exciting football with exciting players.

In Toronto, there seems to be a lot of NFL fans. Their rationale is "Toronto is a world-class city, we deserve a world-class league."

The fact is that the American media has over-hyped the NFL so much that even now Canadians think its a world-class league. They're just wannabees who want to have something in common with Americans. Its 'cool' in Toronto to talk about the NFL, because there are no domestic teams and it shows that you're "in" if you are knowledgable about the NFL. They wear NFL jerseys over CFL jerseys to show off. »

«- Think its pretty harsh to say that Canadians are unpatriotic because of the people who are NFL fans. The CFL is very popular in Canada, its 2nd to hockey. In Macleans magazine there was an article about how hockey is #1 in Canada, about 30% of canadians say that the CFL is their favourite sport with 13% being MLB and NFL. And i'm sure you'd get people who like the CFL and the NFL.

The fact is that the NFL is more accessable to watch. With there being so few teams in the CFL if you want to watch football, chances are you'll have to watch the NFL since there are more options. I love the CFL, I think the game is much better then the NFL, its faster, its more fan friendly, and I prefer it to the NFL. But its not always on TV while the NFL is.

I say F U to those people, the CFL is a better league, with different, more exciting kinds of players. Too bad some Canadians are too stuck up to realize it. It puzzles me that Canadians would be so un-patriotic, as well. The CFL is the best professional league you have, and a damn good one.

If I were Canadian, I would much rather watch Toronto vs. Montreal, then Houston vs. Arizona, for example. And even though I am not, I still do prefer the former. Maybe a Canadian NFL fan would like to fill me in?» - USA/Canadian blog.

I’m not perfectly bilingual put if a french canadien can hunderstand what americans fans say about our football you should understand it too !

Go als Go !

VIVE la CFL !

Signed : CFLman

ummm in the second senence you said you love the argos but at the bottom you put go als?

I have to agree with the 'hype' comment.

I love football but find it difficult to watch any NFL games all the way through because I really don't care who wins.

I live in Japan and have watched the 'Super Bore' every year and a few season games with some American friends. When asked who I root for, I say nobody. Just hope it's a good game.

That said, I try to listen (internet radio) to EVERY CFL game. I don't care who's playing. It all figures into what the Bombers gotta do next week.

Besides the CFL has awesome and really old rivalries. Always get pumped for them.

Yea I love football and I try to watch the NFL, but is it really better? I don't think so. Different, yes. Better, no.

????? Big Blue!!

Vive la LCF!

The Expos didn't survive the murky sports waters in Montreal but the Als did. That says a lot right there despite the media coverage scene of the CFL in Montreal which some say is lacking.

Fist 'It's a american that is a argos fan'this was is words but I forgive him he his a CFL fan! I'm canadien not american and love, love CFL. The medias cover CFL very badly in Québec. But football is very, very popular and beside the poor medias coverage, it's #2 after hockey. Imagine if they were a bether quality coverage!

Vive la CFL! That's why my name is CFLman! love the game so much!... and love the ALOUETTES as much too.

...I applaud your fervour....Vive la CFL....

Are you japaneese?

Last year there was 61 millions in the world that watched the Grey cup game you could get it in Japan?

About media coverage, people have to realize the media basically caters to the masses and even though there is no MLB team or NFL team in Quebec, the media will continue to highlight these since they probably still have more fans, virtual fans whatever, than the CFL. That's my take on it anyways. The media really isn't a "mover and shaker" type business, they are followers not leaders. I wouldn't get too upset over lack of CFL coverage. Sure, we'd all like more but that's life and the CFL continues onwards. Just saying don't expect the media to try and drive anything really in this country.

Great post CFLman, it's what most of us have known.
Unlike some wannabees here in Canada.

Thanks Merci,

Always remember: Money is in the NFL but the show is in the CFL!

well in Quebec, survey shows cleally that CFL is #2 sport. t.v. ratins up 15% last year on the french network. Game assistance allways full. And by the way Alls need a bigger stadium baddly. The probleme is journalismes a few of them put for years do they propaganda and speak little about the CFL.

well Quebec is so boring and there is nothing to do. so CFL should be # 2.

oui, oui....

WHATS SHOCKS IS THAT THE MONEY IS IN THE NFL BUT WOULDNT MOST PEOPLE RATHER GET PAID FOR MORE?I DONT GET IT THE CFL I’M NOT KNOCKING IT ISNT THE SAME AS THE NFL IN TERMS OF TALENT…MOST OF THE CFL WERE CUT OR NOT EVEN DRAFTED BY NFL TEAMS…MOST CFL PLAYERS ARE AMERICAN ANYWAY BY BIRTH THIS IS JUST A WAY TO CONTINUE SOMETHING YOU LOVE TO DO…IS PLAY THE GAME OF FOOTBALL BUT WE SHOULDNT COMPARE THE LEAGUES BECAUSE THE NFL HAS THE BIGGER MORE SKILLED OF THE PLAYERS AND FASTER…NOT SAYING THE ISNT A HITTING LEAGUE THE NFL IS THE LEADER IN FOOTBALL BECAUSE AMERICAN PEOPLE WOULD PERFER TO PLAY IN AMERICA BIGGER MARKET BIGGER STADIUMS AND BIGGER PAY…NOTHING WRONG WITH THE CFL BUT EVEN WITH CANADIAN RULES THE CFL WOULDNT STAND A CHANCE WITH NFL PLAYERS ON A SERIOUS DAY

awwww shaddup.

NOTHING WRONG WITH THE CFL

Well, if you like football, there isn't, it is afterall the highest level of football played in this country called Canada.

Oh, BTW, Ricky couldn't run over our guys very well like most said he would.

Thank you you're so kine, you have real class!

CFLman, class isn't exactly the operative word around here I've noticed from time to time. Don't take it too personal, ain't worth it.

I try my best, but my english it's not perfect it's the only word that came to mind. Sorry...I still don't understand but wont use it again... I'm here to have fun with the game I love not to go to war.