Moncton Stadium, All Finished, Looks Fantastic!

I drive from Halifax to the University where we supplied many of the items for the stadium and games at least once a week. good weather or bad

door to door: Legally 140 minutes. Pushing 115 minutes.

Think most people in Toronto or Montreal can get to their stadiums doors in much less time ? :roll:

Its not the distance that matters it is TIME and for the most part getting from Halifax St-John or Fredericton to Moncton will take less time than most people going to games in existing markets but I can understand how that is difficutly for some to wrap their head around. many companies I deal with alternate their meetings between these two locations on a regular basis.

If Moncton U gets a football program going and they sell out their games then and only then should the CFL start to seriously think about putting a team in Moncton.

Then again all levels of football in Quebec were nearly dead until the Allouettes arrived and turned people back on to football. Maybe having a pro team soon would help the area out.

Isn't the stadium supposed to be expandable with more permanent seats meant to be installed in the long term?

What's the likelyhood of Halfax also getting a team? Could a Moncton team survive without support from Halifax?

The University of Moncton can not afford to put a football program together. With the explosion of minor football in Quebec however if they can get a Caretaker like Tangay at Laval they could be very successful. But someone will have to help with the bills.

they are obviouslly doing these argo games for the next few years in MONCTON to check it out, see if it is viable… i mean if the argos can draw 20-25k. why couldnt a team of their own. PEOPLE need to let the Halifax thing go, its pretty obvious that if cfl expands to the maritimes its MONCTON.

the stadium is just the start, the argo games over the next few years is the next test, they do well… 2015 they willl have a team of their own.

Its not an Argos thing, all teams will be called on to visit Moncton over five years, your Bombers included.

The funny thing about Halifax is that IF moncton ever gets a team. All the feline/sex slangs politicians in Halifax and NS are going to want a team but by then they won't be able to get one because it would damage the Moncton Attendance.

There is room for one CFL team in the Maritimes and for a bunch of reasons it should be in Moncton.

It is great to see so many fans like yourself being supportive of this effort. :thup:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moncton_2010_Stadium

Wiki article says that it cost $17m to build the stadium as it is now.

I would think that there would be an opportunity to double the investment there if the TD Atlantic games go well.

Even if the Wiki figure of 17mil is wrong (that couldnt be, could it!?) and they needed to double a $25m cost, it seems to me that that isnt huge money!

Aonther positive about a Maritime team is, there are a lot of transplanted maritimers throughout the country that, I think, would love to support their team from wherever they landed!

I think they are adding around 10,000 temp seats to the existing 10,000 seats.

Ah, I think the only temp seats are in the endzone, the sideline seats are permanent now.

Can the stadium be expanded to 30,000? Sure, just need to spend the money!

Universite de Moncton is looking at getting a CIS football team. Excellent news for Moncton, the CIS, and future CFL prospects:

University ponders legacy after IAAF games
Moncton eyes new football team, more students after international games

[url=http://www.cbc.ca/canada/new-brunswick/story/2010/07/26/nb-iaaf-games-moncton-legacy-610.html]http://www.cbc.ca/canada/new-brunswick/ ... y-610.html[/url]

You’re joking right? The Alouettes sell out EVERY SINGLE GAME! They are most likely the richest team in the CFL right now. It’s easier to get Habs tickets than Als tickets. I was lucky once to get crap seats in one endzone in Molson Stadium! I’m usually forced to wait until the playoffs when they play in the Big O.