Moncton nickname

Looks like they have a bunch of bees on their coat of arms.

Moncton Swarm

Moncton Meanies!

I personally like the Schooners, but how bout these options:

-Moncton Pirates
-Moncton Mad Dogs
-Moncton Stallions
-Moncton Barracudas
-Moncton Posse
-New Brunswick Gold Miners
-Moncton Texans
(Wait a minute... I think I've seen these names before!! :smiley:

-New Brunswick Non-Blamers (because nobody ever blames anything on New Brunswick)
-New Brunswick Bowling Balls
-Moncton Maniax :smiley:
-Moncton Argos (CFLgameanyone has the right idea - actually the nautical name of 'Argos' fits better with an East Coast team)

moncton Wolves!!!

I kinda like the Tide

NO!! I hate stupid team names like that!!

Team nicknames have to be pluralized.

Horrible examples of non-pluralized nicknames:

Minnesota Wild (What’s a wild?)
Tampa Bay Lightning
Colorado Avalanche (at least it can be shortened to Avs though)
Orlando Magic (a magic what?)
Utah Jazz (the name makes no sense on so many levels)

This may seem like a silly post, but it’s a pet peeve of mine since the mid 90s when these blasphemous nicknames became trendy.

Names don’t have to be plural at all. Sometimes, it does sound better, but not all the time.

Moncton:

Settlers
Fortress
Wave
Surge
Shipwrights
Acadians

I thought about the Acadians too, but spell it like Montreal Canadiens do...Acadiens. And their team colors too would be red, white & blue.

Whalers
Islanders
Trollers
Highliners

Atlantic Storm, a regional team name.

Moncton Chicken Chokers

I stayed up to watch Canada win some Olympic Medals, so I thought I'd take a stab at naming an (as yet) nonexistant CFL team in Atlantic Canada.

My favourites:

Atlantic Culverins
East Coast Carronades
New Brunswick (N.B.) Ironclads
Halifax Highlanders

All this talk about stadiums and team nicknames. Wake me up when Moncton gets an expansion team or when somebody actually puts a shovel in the ground to build a stadium. Until then its pie in the sky.

The Moncton Vapour

Yeah - everybody knows this forum is only for complaining :roll:

I like the Moncton Mikmaqs

how bout nobody, there aint gonna be a moncton team, there was never talk about a moncton team in the past, there aint a moncton team right now, and there will never be a moncton team in the future, end of discussion. y'all are boring me with the same old nonsense.

It has too be the Moncton Alberta oilsands workers. mee son. :cowboy: or ahem, roughriders.

Moncton Monks.