Molson Sponsorship

sorry, but im not going to drink crappy beer just to support our local economy.

does this mean bud wont b with the cats this year at the games?? its gunna b molson?? i remeber the budweiser games they had at the games and sutff n the beer cans with the cats logo,, this mean all that will b turned into molson?? if so im happy i dont drink american beers

Maybe Labatt's is just going to concentrate on Bud and NFL type marketing, which I think has been fairly successful for the company in southern Ontario. Maybe that's why they didn't push too hard for this deal.
I think there is some "splaining" to do at Labatts right now. I'm sure some account managers are dusting off their resumes.

Hamilton is a huge beer market in Canada and I’ve heard somewhere that IWS is one of the largest single beer selling spots in the country.

That, with what’s going on at Lakeport…this is has been a bad week for the “Blue”

Just like a couple of years ago when you could get a free Ti-Cat shirt with a case of Bud.

It was the only time that I ever bought Bud.

I don’t care which beer is sold at IWS, as long as it’s cold. It’s all good.

Interesting indeed.

I don't like regular Bud. I don't mind Bud Lite. This year my wife will be attending all the games this year with me, that combined with a more palatable brand like Canadian, I may have the odd beer at the game who knows.

I would never have paid $8 for a Bud. There were some games where I gave my brother free tickets so him and my nephew could attend some games and he offered to buy me a beer as thanks and because it was bud I said "No thanks" to the free beer.

I like Canadian though, so who knows, I may end up being in line more often.

it' dose matter who is doing the Beer Molson or Labatts. It still Water down Beer at 8 Dollars a Cup..

:thdn:

The beer was $8 not 9, 10, 11 or 12. Why do people complain about beer prices. There isnt a sporting event, concert, show anywhere with a cheaper price than that and usually much more expensive.

Its even more expensive at Bulldog games.

ticat president scott mitchell was on the fan 590 this morning and said that molson would be sponsoring different events leading up and connecting to the grey cup in toronto (seeing how molsons sponsor the cfl playoffs and grey cup).( more or less implied that having labatts for 10 games then switching to molsons for the grey cup wouldnt make sense.) the last sentence is my opinion not scotts. he also stated that molsons dropped some other national events to concentrate with the ticats this season so that will help the ticats greatly

I just hope they have Molson Stock Ale on Tap as It was and is “The original Blue”!

:cowboy:

Yes, except now it’s a lager, not an ale.

MGD!!

coke/pepsi. molson/labatt's. premium/regular. It's all the same as long as it gets the job done. The rest is just a personal preference. Who cares, you know your going to buy whatever they dump in a cup and call it a beer. As the saying goes, as long as it's cold I don't care. I'm suckin' back a Stella right now and I couldn't care less if they didn't have it at IWS. Although, they would charge you a couple of eye teeth for it. Maybe it's all the leaf fans that are complaining because they don't want to see any "Canadian" at the game. Gonna be a good one Sat. night..GO HABS GO!!!!!!

RIGHT ON, BROTHA!

I agree that, whatever they serve, at whatever price, as long as it’s cold I’ll buy it. I just like to drink beer at football games. But it would be nice to have SOME choice. I’m don’t expect anything really tasty at a football game - Export Ale in addition to Canadian Lager would be enough for me.

Labatt’s, Molsons, no real difference - they both sell huge volumes of some pretty weak-tasting beers and much smaller volumes of some tasty beers, with Labatts coming out ahead because they brew more ales. But if both companies are only going to sell one beer, their top selling lager, I’d choose Canadian/Molson over Bud/Labatt anyday.

Bud leaves a bad taste in my mouth, figuratively speaking, because of an interview I read a few years back with a Budweiser executive. Among the things, he said:
-they consider CocaCola and Pepsico their major rivals, more than any other beer company, because they consider themselves to be a beverage company more than a brewing company.
-their major brands are pop-like (highly carbonated, sugary sweet and light on beer taste) to transition in young drinkers, who drink tons of pop, once they’re old enough to buy beer.
-The major brands (Bud, Coors, etc.) are brewed to appeal to people that don’t really like the taste of beer but drink a lot. People drink less, and slower, when they drink beer that tastes like beer. And yes, he admitted, smooth, light-tasty, etc. are all euphamisms for non-beer-like.
-they continue to market “brewing tradition” because older drinkers with more money like it, so they can charge more.

As a somewhat intelligent person, I have no doubt that all the big brewing companies have exactly the same strategies and objectives. But as someone that actually likes the taste of beer, it bothers me to see some CEO brag about how succesful they are marketing “200 years of brewing tradition” while cynically creating pop-beers for the sugar-addicted set.

Almost makes me want to buy a bigass truck and an oilskin coat, grow a beard and move to Montana like the guys in the beer commercials. :wink:

Oh, yeah… Go Habs Go

Meh! I like Canadian! none the less I like the CANADIAN!!! on the jursy! makes me happy!

CFL should do a deal with Pepsi....make cans like this:

Toronto: Bruce
Hamilton: Lumsden
Montreal :Cahoon
Winnipeg:Stegall
Sask: Dominguez
Calgary: Reynolds
Edmonton: Ray
BC: Simon

or whoever.

reminds football fans that the CFL season is about to begin and for new CFL fans, who some stars are.

Where can I find this pick of Danny Mac with the cup in 99?? can you send me a copy “as long as the beer is cold” YA BABY :rockin: